Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 07:38 AM

67 posts, read 334,950 times

Advertisements

Well, we've found a place in North Raleigh neer the crossroads of Durham and Creedmoor roads. I'm working in downtown Raleigh and wondering if there's anyone on this board with a similar commute. How long on average does it take to get d-town, what are your commuting hrs, and do you just take Creedmoor all the way in. Also, it seems to us that the closest grocery store to us is inside 540 on Creedmoor. Does anyone know of anything closer? Your input is much appreciated. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2007, 07:50 AM

5,743 posts, read 17,607,545 times
There are a couple of grocery stores over at Brier Creek. I'm not sure if that is closer or not. You will also discover that there is a lack of restaurants.

We looked at the Ethan's Glen subdivision last weekend, just for grins. The houses there are about 50% higher than we can afford, but it was nice seeing how the other half lives.

Old 02-22-2007, 08:04 AM

3,124 posts, read 12,671,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleonar1 View Post
Well, we've found a place in North Raleigh neer the crossroads of Durham and Creedmoor roads. I'm working in downtown Raleigh and wondering if there's anyone on this board with a similar commute. How long on average does it take to get d-town, what are your commuting hrs, and do you just take Creedmoor all the way in. Also, it seems to us that the closest grocery store to us is inside 540 on Creedmoor. Does anyone know of anything closer? Your input is much appreciated. Thanks
It's 15 to 20 mintues to get into Wake Forest from there for stores.

As for the commute, I made that drive yesterday at 5:00 going 'againest' the grain (Creedmoor into Raleigh - had to pick up my daughter from school)...and it took me about a half hour from Hwy 98 (Durham Road) and Hwy 50.

I have found though, that depending on where you are downtown....it's many times faster to go down 50 to 540 rather then take 50 all the way into Crabtree and catch 440 there. It looked faster on the map...but with the traffic patterns it just never is.

Old 02-22-2007, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser View Post
There are a couple of grocery stores over at Brier Creek. I'm not sure if that is closer or not. You will also discover that there is a lack of restaurants.

We looked at the Ethan's Glen subdivision last weekend, just for grins. The houses there are about 50% higher than we can afford, but it was nice seeing how the other half lives.
Brier Creek isn't 'far' per se....but there are plenty of grocery stores between there and 98 & 50.

Old 02-22-2007, 08:28 AM

I'll have to look for Brier Creek, thanks for that input. I haven't seen a map of the area the watershed covers but I wonder if Wake can or will develop commercially in this area over the coming years. It seems like there's a lot of development going on in Ethans Glen and on Creedmoor as you approach 98. I imagine everyone moving in will eventually need a closer grocery store. Also, I hear that Wake schools are great but what about schools particularly close to this intersection? (I understand that we're not guaranteed to get a spot in the closest school). Thanks again everyone

Old 02-22-2007, 08:36 AM

1,531 posts, read 7,409,725 times
If being close to amenities and having a decently short commute are priorities, have you considered living closer into town?

Old 02-22-2007, 09:11 AM

653 posts, read 2,987,759 times
I'm curious if you're looking in North Chartwell Trace - I took a client through there a couple weeks ago, that's a beautiful area. On a Saturday morning, the drive from 540 to that neighborhood was less than 10 minutes, and as Desdemona123 said, you are close to Wake Forest, too.

Old 02-22-2007, 09:12 AM

Quote:
I'll have to look for Brier Creek, thanks for that input. I haven't seen a map of the area the watershed covers but I wonder if Wake can or will develop commercially in this area over the coming years. It seems like there's a lot of development going on in Ethans Glen and on Creedmoor as you approach 98. I imagine everyone moving in will eventually need a closer grocery store. Also, I hear that Wake schools are great but what about schools particularly close to this intersection? (I understand that we're not guaranteed to get a spot in the closest school). Thanks again everyone
I would think, you'd have to confirm with the exact address, that this area goes to Pleasent Union Elementary (very good school (several of my daughter's friends went here), West Milbrook Middle and Milbrook High.

Old 02-22-2007, 09:16 AM

653 posts, read 2,987,759 times
Quote:
If you're in North Chartwell Trace, the schools are Pleasant Union, Wakefield, and Wakefield - at least today!

Double check the address at wcpss.net, it'll tell you what the base schools are, as well as what magnets/year rounds are available.

Old 02-22-2007, 09:21 AM

Yes, we've considered being closer to town but we didn't want to miss out an opportunity that has placed us ~4 miles farther north than the areas we were primarily looking at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary