Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 06:13 AM

242 posts, read 795,767 times

Advertisements

Any recommendations for a good repairman (or woman) who works on Fisher/Paykel washers and dryers in the North Raleigh area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2009, 05:33 PM

850 posts, read 3,624,898 times
Haven't had a need yet but if you find a good one, please do post. I might check in with where we bought our Fischer Paykel W/D....Garner Appliance and see what they recommended, as well as checking the FP website.

Good luck! What is wrong with it anyhow...out of curiosity.
Lauren

Old 01-01-2009, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren4521 View Post
Haven't had a need yet but if you find a good one, please do post. I might check in with where we bought our Fischer Paykel W/D....Garner Appliance and see what they recommended, as well as checking the FP website.

Good luck! What is wrong with it anyhow...out of curiosity.
Lauren
I checked with them several days ago looking for a recommendation. Had the receptionist leave a message with a salesman. He/they never called back. I wrote them off for any future consideration.

I DID, however find another but he couldn't stop by for about 2 weeks, but I wanted one sooner. When I told him that I really needed one sooner. His just threw a "well good luck", back at me. Attitude...

After two more tries, I found one that showed up today, New Year's Day. Didn't charge a "holiday" fee. Just the usual and reasonable fee. Found the problem. I thought it was going to be a bad bearing, but it turned out to be a bad idler (helps keep tension on the belt). He didn't have one and said that this was only the 2nd one that he has seen go bad and had to order it. He estimated, worst case scenario that it would be back no later than next Friday, but also said that it would be safe to run the dryer. I also watched him take the dryer apart and it looked like a repairman's dream. Got easy access from the top and front. He never even had to move it away from the wall.

I'll post the company name after he completes the repair.

Bob

Old 01-01-2009, 07:34 PM

419 posts, read 1,397,065 times
Never heard of that brand but now I know to steer clear.

Old 01-01-2009, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giffman View Post
Never heard of that brand but now I know to steer clear.
Good for you.

Old 01-01-2009, 09:37 PM

850 posts, read 3,624,898 times
Sorry you didn't get a response from Garner TV. I have had such good experiences with them. Personally, I would have called again. Messages can get lost, receptionists can get fired, things happen, etc. But that's me.

The FP brand is said to break down much less frequently due to less actual moving parts. I don't know if that is statistically accurate but that's what I read when I did my research a few years ago on them. Not a complaint yet after almost 3 years.

Lauren

Old 01-02-2009, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren4521 View Post
Sorry you didn't get a response from Garner TV. I have had such good experiences with them. Personally, I would have called again. Messages can get lost, receptionists can get fired, things happen, etc. But that's me.

The FP brand is said to break down much less frequently due to less actual moving parts. I don't know if that is statistically accurate but that's what I read when I did my research a few years ago on them. Not a complaint yet after almost 3 years.

Lauren
Yeah.. I was a little surprised that I didn't get a call back either. According to the receptionist, they don't make repairs and all I was hoping for was a repairman recommendation. No big deal, we didn't buy the W/D from them, although we have bought from them in the past and they were pretty good. I guess the message could have gotten lost. I'll never know what really happened. We were a little desperate, so I continued to call other repairman. So far, I'm glad I did. I think I ended up with a good one. I'll know for sure in about a week.

Old 01-03-2009, 04:20 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,676,988 times
I don't know if he does Fischer/Paykel, but I did have Wake Appliance repair 919-838-5252 fix a washer and the technician was prompt and honest.

Old 01-03-2009, 05:07 PM

Thanks Daniel, but I already had a guy come out. He had to order a part and will be back later in the week to install it. Turns out it was an idler and it's safe to run the dryer while we're waiting for the part. I'll keep Wake Appliance in mind for another time, though.

Old 01-03-2009, 05:56 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,676,988 times
No worries, Bob. Let us know the name of the company if you're pleased with the work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary