Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 07:35 AM

183 posts, read 671,675 times

Advertisements

My wife and I tend to eat out at least once or twice a week, and we've lived in this area for about 6 years now...so we're starting to get burned out on the more well known places. I'm looking for those restaurants that know one knows about but have great food and service in those areas. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2009, 08:02 AM

5,743 posts, read 17,602,968 times
Not sure if you're considering counter service, but Holy Smokes has some of the best Texas style BBQ in the area.

I've been wanting to try the restaurant at the Eagle Ridge golf course. They supposedly have a weekend brunch/buffet. Anybody been there yet?

Old 02-06-2009, 12:56 PM

223 posts, read 566,703 times
I would recommend Clayton Steakhouse and Mulberry on Main- both on Main Street in Clayton. They are only open Fri/Satand maybe Thursday nights. Clayton Steakhouse is also open for lunch and has a very fresh salad bar. I also like Venero's. I eat at chain restaurants but prefer a great non-chain place whenever possible.

Old 02-06-2009, 01:46 PM

415 posts, read 1,110,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_native74 View Post
My wife and I tend to eat out at least once or twice a week, and we've lived in this area for about 6 years now...so we're starting to get burned out on the more well known places. I'm looking for those restaurants that know one knows about but have great food and service in those areas. Thank you!
Where have you eaten in that area that you've liked? I don't know where you haven't been

Old 02-06-2009, 01:54 PM

LOL I've done Venero's, Clayton Steakhouse, McCall's, all the various chains in town. As for Garner, and Knightdale (I'm about equal distance from either), same thing, I've done most of the chains but don't know about many of the places that you'd only hear about word of mouth.

Old 02-06-2009, 02:02 PM

415 posts, read 1,110,281 times
Ok, well I'll throw in a rec for The Flip Side in Clayton (assuming they haven't closed in the last couple of weeks!). The food is good, it's local and if you're there later in the evening you're likely to hear some great local music as well.

I hate chain restaurants and buffets, so I'm always looking for something "other." I've eaten at Las Magaritas (in Garner?) a couple of times under mild protest. The food is fine. Nothing special.

I've also eaten at.... let me remember the name... I *think* it is Bonsai, in Clayton. It's next to the Smoker's Store in the plaza adjacent to the Lowes Foods plaza on Hwy 70. The food is good - Japanese hibachi, but without the fancy, cook-at-your-table show.

I'll try to think of some others.

Jenny_B

Old 02-06-2009, 02:25 PM

Yeah, Bonsai's is pretty good. Where is The Flip Side, and what kind of food do they have? Thanks for the suggestions!

Old 02-09-2009, 08:59 AM

14 posts, read 65,438 times
Default Knightdale Seafood and BBQ

Kdale Seafood and BBQ is one of our favorite local places in Kdale. Down home cooking and friendly service. El Senor is our favortie Mexican in town. Kdale has grown a lot in the past 10 years and we've got lots of national chains but we always try to support the local businesses.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:15 AM

Yeah, in the back of my mind, that's the other reason I kind of like to stick with places like that...I'd rather support a local business than Chili's or Applebee's.

Keep them coming, and thanks for the suggestions

Old 02-09-2009, 09:17 AM

892 posts, read 3,161,630 times
I keep meaning to try and have heard loads of good things about Skylines and McKinley's. Both are just off of 70 in Clayton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary