Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 09:53 AM

330 posts, read 1,976,585 times

Advertisements

Hello! What area in everybodys opinion would you say would be the most likley to appreciate the most? Or do you see all of Wake County homes being pretty prices in the next 5 years?

I was thinking Cary or Apex. But we are wondering alot about Wake Forest and Holly Springs!

Any info helps

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2007, 10:01 AM

3,124 posts, read 12,666,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amsm196 View Post
Hello! What area in everybodys opinion would you say would be the most likley to appreciate the most? Or do you see all of Wake County homes being pretty prices in the next 5 years?

I was thinking Cary or Apex. But we are wondering alot about Wake Forest and Holly Springs!

Any info helps

Thanks
Well, the prices certainly aren't going to go down anywhere. Are you looking for an home or an investment?

Old 02-20-2007, 10:09 AM

271 posts, read 1,213,338 times
Hmmm. I think Brier Creek will continue at break neck pace followed by that stretch of Northeast Raleigh/Wake Forest and Rolesville East to Knightdale (development will follow the new 540) and then Apex Holly Springs. Cary is running out of space but appreciation will continue to be brisk there.

Old 02-20-2007, 10:35 AM

1,484 posts, read 4,155,260 times
Default Its all going up...

In 5 years I think everything will still be rising in all of Wake county.

DONT fall into the trap of thinking that Cary will appreciate as fast as it has forever. There are alot of people in NY and NJ that are sitting on their houses now because they thought the same.

Old 02-20-2007, 10:50 AM

330 posts, read 1,976,585 times
Default Good areas for appreciation!

Hi! We are just looking for a home in a safe area to raise a family, but an area that will hopefully hold its value. To make a real long story short, we took the opinion of a bunch of different realtors and the opinion of magazines and bought a home 10 years ago here in Vegas in an area that was up & coming and expected to be a hot booming safe area for kids. But then 5 years later they put in low cost housing which caused our area to go downhill fast and the crime also went up . Luckily we did sell that house and make a profit , we just are being careful thats all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona123 View Post
Well, the prices certainly aren't going to go down anywhere. Are you looking for an home or an investment?

Old 02-20-2007, 10:55 AM

2,834 posts, read 12,031,981 times
I would say that cary and apex are more built out than wake forest, rolesville and knightdale. Knightdale has more access now because of 540, but the schools (especially the high school) are not as strong as other areas of the triangle. Wake forest has seen some great appreciation in the past 5 years, and with the amount of developments and businesses coming in, I am sure that will continue for a while. As it stands now, you would be hard pressed to find new construction homes in wake forest for less than 250k. For us, we moved here two years ago (in may) and they are just finishing a house on our culdesac that is on the market for 80k more than we paid for our house. I think that is unusual, but it shows what the growth is like in wake forest. There are more neighborhoods popping up in the 500's than anything.

Leigh

Old 02-20-2007, 01:18 PM

49 posts, read 185,891 times
Knightdale has more access now because of 540, but the schools (especially the high school) are not as strong as other areas of the triangle.
Leigh[/quote]

But do you think that with more housing being built in that area that the schools are going to get better too? What were Cary schools like 10 years ago?

Old 02-20-2007, 03:17 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,031,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingfromil View Post
Knightdale has more access now because of 540, but the schools (especially the high school) are not as strong as other areas of the triangle.
Leigh
But do you think that with more housing being built in that area that the schools are going to get better too? What were Cary schools like 10 years ago?[/quote]

That is a hard call, it depends on the homeowner's, how much they demand, how much the school board listens, etc. The higher the population, the more schools they will need, but look at the situation wake county is in now.....bond passed, but there is still a fight about money and year round schools.

Parents have to be involved and the school board has to listen and make changes, sometimes that can take a long time.

Leigh

Old 02-20-2007, 06:49 PM

212 posts, read 858,722 times
Quote:
But do you think that with more housing being built in that area that the schools are going to get better too? What were Cary schools like 10 years ago?
they were just as highly ranked then as they are now. It's part of the reason why prices went up as fast as they did.

All of the triangle is going to go up for the most part b/c the cost of living is still reasonable. Some parts are going to go up faster than others. In my opinion, you can't lose with cary/apex/morrisville area, west raleigh, north and northwest raleigh. They're located close to everything in the triangle, easy hwy access, and are in the best school districts. And they're not likely to plummet, prices are not like California or the northeast.

Old 02-21-2007, 04:28 PM

83 posts, read 352,336 times
The Raleigh area appreciation has been very different than the rest of the country. Our area is a steady appreciation of 4% to 7% with some areas being higher and at times, some areas being lower.
Historically, the job growth in RTP has been what caused this area to grow and thus caused the appreciation. The areas closest to RTP have come out of any "recessions" we may have experienced and those areas have also experienced higher appreciation. Cary has been the leader in this area. With Morrisville finally allowing developements, this may change as they are very close to RTP.
Apex and Holly Springs are just down the road from Cary and will probably experience some good appreciation over the next several years.
The Wall Street Journal put out a report about home appreciation in January. They cited Wake County as having an appreciation rate of 14%.
I think a lot of the appreciation depends on what price of home you are looking at and what the inventories of that price point are.
For example, there is a small inventory of homes under $200,000 in Cary, Apex and Holly Springs. I just worked with a buyer that is purchasing a home and the sellers are realizing an appreciation of over 20% in one year!
I have not sold homes inside the beltline, but I understand that the appreciation can be very good in that area.
Good luck and feel free to PM me with any other questions if you like!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary