Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 03:57 PM

226 posts, read 860,203 times

Advertisements

I am really trying to find a great spot to bring up the kids, I'm drawn to Churton Grove in Hillsborough. My question is, do kids actually play out. Where we live at the moment you don't see kids out playing, they are all attached to playstations etc or too busy with scheduled activities. I want my kids out riding bikes, hanging out at the park with friends, impromptu ball games etc etc. Am I looking for a place that no longer exists in this country?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 04:03 PM

18,099 posts, read 15,676,604 times
I live in an older neighborhood in Cary and yep, the kids in my cul-de-sac do go out and play, quite often.

Old 02-20-2009, 04:08 PM

635 posts, read 3,093,057 times
It just depends, on many factors. Even when I was a kid, we moved around the country a LOT, and it just depended on what type of neighborhood we moved into. Some neighborhoods had a lot of families with kids, others not so much. Some were near the "woods" or more rural, others were near high traffic streets. Like all Real Estate.... Location Location Location

But when we lived in Cary, the kids played in the cul-de-sac all the time as we had many neighbors our kids' age. Where we are in Sanford now, we are on the one block with not so many kids, so it is really down the street that we see the kids playing. So it just depends.

If this is a criteria for you, I'd suggest that when you find a house you are interested in, go drive around the neighborhood in the afternoon or on weekends and see if kids are out and about.

Good luck!
Al

Old 02-20-2009, 04:11 PM

1,877 posts, read 5,344,148 times
I've driven through Churton Grove a few times, especially when my boyfriend was looking at the nearby townhomes. You will have no problem finding kids playing in that neighborhood. It reminded me of mine growing up. There were kids all over the road on their bikes and playing between the yards.

Old 02-20-2009, 04:11 PM

3,021 posts, read 11,060,029 times
I'm in southern Durham and, yes, I do see kids playing outside here. The children in our immediate area like to ride their bikes & skateboards - especially on the weekend. Basketball is pretty popular, too.

I've driven through Churton Grove a number of times. It looks like the community pool is the primo gathering spot for kids there. I imagine your kids could easily make friends there. Good luck!

Old 02-20-2009, 04:12 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,397,317 times
Luckily I live in a neighborhood that has very few children. I do try to pick off the ones I see playing outside when I drive by, but the little buggers are just too darn fast.

Old 02-20-2009, 04:37 PM

226 posts, read 860,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton Dude View Post
Luckily I live in a neighborhood that has very few children. I do try to pick off the ones I see playing outside when I drive by, but the little buggers are just too darn fast.
Haha, you'd be able to pick off mine they've spent waaay too long indoors!

Old 02-20-2009, 05:24 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,110,414 times
I'm also in an older Cary neighborhood and the kids play non stop here.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:30 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,449,222 times
I'm in Bedford at Falls River, and my kids are outside playing every single day. They have lots of company, too!

Old 02-20-2009, 06:15 PM

26 posts, read 87,443 times
I live in Churton Grove and there is no shortage of kids playing all over the place. Great place for kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary