Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 01:36 PM

116 posts, read 366,852 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know the current state of Buckhorn Village Mall or the Tanger Outlet Mall in Mebane?

I know Tanger was approved about 2 years ago (and Buckhorn a year after that). Has the current economic crisis put the projects on hold/canceled?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 01:58 PM

130 posts, read 390,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiledog View Post
Does anyone know the current state of Buckhorn Village Mall or the Tanger Outlet Mall in Mebane?

I know Tanger was approved about 2 years ago (and Buckhorn a year after that). Has the current economic crisis put the projects on hold/canceled?

Thanks

From what I know, both are still on track. Tanger looks to going along steady judging by all the construction you can see from the road, although it's not at breakneck speed. I have not heard anything to indicte Buckhorn is not also on track, but I imagine they are not in a hurry right now or can't get financing currently. Both projects seem like a perfect fit for the area. I also know Cabela's has had to scale back quite a bit nationally. Nevertheless, they would be foolish to let this gem of an opportunity slip through their fingers even in these tough times. My guess is also the developers of Buckhorn never had any firm legal binding commitment from Cabela's, but rather let Orange Co. believe what they wanted to believe in order to push this project through......and push out that eyesore flea market. Time will tell for both, but I don't see development stopping in this corridor just cause of a little thing like a world wide depression.

Last edited by 2BZee2Pee; 05-01-2009 at 02:13 PM..

Old 05-03-2009, 07:21 AM

2,825 posts, read 6,926,227 times
I don't know anything, but I'm interested in finding out what anyone else knows!

Old 05-03-2009, 01:10 PM

30 posts, read 75,501 times
I can verify that at the moment the "Development" around Tanger is on track and the overall neighborhood is moving along as planned but that Tanger itself is not yet moving forward, just the land developers themselves with the site. The intention for Tanger to move forward is there, but they have not purchased their peice from the developer yet. That has been put on hold till Tanger gets a feel for where things are headed. The tentative plan would have the outlet mall open for Christmas of 2010. They would like to pull their building permit within the next 60-90 days. The residential component of the "Arrowhead" neighborood and development should be ready for the first new home within the next month or two as well. The hotel, apartments, and outparcels are all about 4-5 months out form start assuming Tanger begins construction. The only thing not contingent on Tanger is the Residential component. As far as Buckhorn Village is concerned the above poster hit it on the head with the fact the developers got it approved but do not have committment or likely money to move foward at the current moment but the general sentiment is that it will eventually take place but like wouldn't see anything substantial for another year.

Old 09-01-2009, 02:45 PM

1,877 posts, read 5,343,620 times
Any updates on either developements?

Old 09-01-2009, 03:29 PM

116 posts, read 366,852 times
The last I saw is this:

Will Tanger's arrival in Mebane be delayed? | mebane, arrival, delayed - Top News - Burlington Times News

Basically, Tanger outlet is delayed until they get 75% occupied.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:52 PM

4,602 posts, read 6,427,227 times
Tanger is on. The outlet will include stores such as Saks Fifth Avenue OFF 5th, Banana Republic Factory Store, Coach Factory, Gap Outlet, J. Crew, Michael Kors, BCBG/Girls, Nike Factory Store and Tommy Hilfiger.

Press Release
Error Report (http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?...&highlight= - broken link)

Old 10-20-2009, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
Tanger is on. The outlet will include stores such as Saks Fifth Avenue OFF 5th, Banana Republic Factory Store, Coach Factory, Gap Outlet, J. Crew, Michael Kors, BCBG/Girls, Nike Factory Store and Tommy Hilfiger.

Press Release
Error Report (http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?...&highlight= - broken link)
Yay! Can't wait. Great stores, and I live so close! The link didn't work though...

Anyone have an update on Buckhorn Village?

Found this:

http://www.reuters.com/article/press...09+GNW20091020

Last edited by DanielleNC; 10-20-2009 at 09:49 PM..

Old 10-24-2009, 07:36 PM

2,825 posts, read 6,926,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleNC View Post
Anyone have an update on Buckhorn Village?
The Herald-Sun - Buckorn Village may forego retail
Because of the ongoing economic crisis, retail may no longer be an option for the proposed Buckhorn Village development green-lighted by the Orange County commissioners a year ago.

Roger Perry, part of the development consortium, Buckhorn Road Associates, spearheading the effort, said Thursday the group is rethinking plans for the 128-acre site that was supposed to become home to a mega-shopping center at the southeastern corner of Interstate 40/Interstate 85, between Efland and Mebane.

Old 10-25-2009, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVentive View Post
The Herald-Sun - Buckorn Village may forego retail
Because of the ongoing economic crisis, retail may no longer be an option for the proposed Buckhorn Village development green-lighted by the Orange County commissioners a year ago.

Roger Perry, part of the development consortium, Buckhorn Road Associates, spearheading the effort, said Thursday the group is rethinking plans for the 128-acre site that was supposed to become home to a mega-shopping center at the southeastern corner of Interstate 40/Interstate 85, between Efland and Mebane.

Nooooo! This is so sad I hope it can still work out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary