Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 07:23 PM

8 posts, read 14,454 times

Advertisements

I need advice on the best approach. I'm looking for a house that is 3 bedrooms with bonus or 4 bed rooms and at least one car garage.

I know Wake county is expensive but am hopeful. The real issue is I'm trying to find something in the 200,000 range and is available now or very soon. I'm not worried about approval perfect credit. Town homes would not meet the needs of my family.

Do you think fliers or sending out and advertisement might find me the house. I am open to all suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2009, 07:32 PM

43,309 posts, read 77,142,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoptimist View Post

I need advice on the best approach. I'm looking for a house that is 3 bedrooms with bonus or 4 bed rooms and at least one car garage.

I know Wake county is expensive but am hopeful. The real issue is I'm trying to find something in the 200,000 range and is available now or very soon. I'm not worried about approval perfect credit. Town homes would not meet the needs of my family.

Do you think fliers or sending out and advertisement might find me the house. I am open to all suggestions.
What kind of problem have you had finding a home? It seems like there is a lot to select from on the market.

A quick check of the MLS for Cary, Apex, Holly Springs shows about 22 4 bedroom homes under $215,000, and about 19 3 bedroom + bonus room homes.

Tons of stuff in Braxton Village.

Old 05-07-2009, 07:39 PM

Holly Springs is not my first pick. Cary, Apex, Morrisville, Holly Springs in that order. Some of the homes in Braxton are assigned to Fuquay Middle and from what I hear that is not a very good school.

Old 05-07-2009, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Holly Springs is not my first pick. Cary, Apex, Morrisville, Holly Springs in that order. Some of the homes in Braxton are assigned to Fuquay Middle and from what I hear that is not a very good school.
Cary will have the least options at that price for a 3+ or 4 BR home, but there are a few.
Apex has more, in Hollands Crossing, Homestead Park, Carriage Downs, .

Old 05-07-2009, 09:52 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,594,056 times
I rented in Hollands Crossing in Apex for 2 years. Largest homes for your money in Cary/Apex probably; but IMO that is because of the poor construction quality. The house we lived in was 2300 square feet and would probably sell for $230k-$240k; not a bad price for the size at all; but it also had crooked stairs , a wall in the dining room (an outside wall) that was literally "bent" inward to the degree that you could see the carpet had to be trimmed to fit the crescent, and with just the slightest breeze you could see the vinyl siding on the backside of the house move in a wave-like fashion. Carriage Downs and Kelly Glen would be good neighborhoods in Apex in your prcerange for you to consider that seem to have more solid construction from what I've seen.

Old 05-08-2009, 06:17 AM

Thank you for that. To the realtors emailing me. I actually have someone who can handle the sale paperwork I just need to find the right house. In a safe neighborhood. Maybe I will luck out and find someone who is ready to sell and doesn't want to play the market game. Going back to my original question do you think if I advertised that I am looking and am pre-approved that I could get better leads?

Old 05-08-2009, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Thank you for that. To the realtors emailing me. I actually have someone who can handle the sale paperwork I just need to find the right house. In a safe neighborhood. Maybe I will luck out and find someone who is ready to sell and doesn't want to play the market game. Going back to my original question do you think if I advertised that I am looking and am pre-approved that I could get better leads?
You mean to say, you actually have folks soliciting you without posting suggestions to your questions on the forum so they can contribute to the knowledge base on CD?

That's truly unfortunate.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:46 AM

226 posts, read 788,202 times
Optimist....check out Pearson Farms in Apex. There are several for sale there. Nice family neighborhood, lots of kids, people maintain their homes and yards nicely. Prices around mid-200s.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:14 AM

4,003 posts, read 10,843,375 times
Quote:
I live in Holly Glen right next door to Braxton. By next year, elementary, middle, and high school will all be at the complex adjacent to our entrance. The elementary and high are already opened, middle is about halfway completed. Braxton will not be assigned to FV when completed. I grew up in Cary, lived in Apex and would pick HS over both. HS is up and coming with a tremendous amount of commercial development in progress/on the way. It reminds me of Cary in the early to mid 80's. I hope property values follow the same path they did in Cary....they already have in Apex.
This is a great place to live no matter where you end up though.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:59 AM

226 posts, read 788,202 times
Depends where you work.....the drive up 55 to US 1 is a nightmare and backed up on US in the evening!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary