Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2007, 09:13 PM

42 posts, read 166,458 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about this subdivision? My husband will be commuting to the airport on Mondays...Is it in a good area of Wake Forest? Is it in the middle of nowhere? Does it have a pool in the subdivision? How big is the subdivision?

We are coming down next week and are thinking about looking at some of these homes. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2007, 09:15 AM

2,834 posts, read 12,035,513 times
Hi

I have driven through the subdivision and looked at one house. Some people like the neighborhood, but feel that the houses are a tad close together. There are houses that are 3700 square feet set on less than a quarter of an acre. So, not many trees either. But, some people don't care as much about lot size and trees, so that it all a personal choice.

The commute from there would be fine. I have friends who live in dansforth (off of burlington mill road as well) and he works in rtp (miami blvd) and it takes him 45 minutes/an hour in traffic. He goes 401 to 540. The airport is closer than he travels, so it wouldn't take as long (30 minutes maybe). I live on the west side of wake forest (tends to have more land, but is a little more expensive), and it takes me 20-25 minutes to get to the airport, but that is back roads so I don't ever have traffic.

I think the dansforth and stonegate subdivisions are relatively similar, at least they seemed that to me! I have taken clients out to bishops grant (off of the 98 bypass) and it is lovely. They are going to have a pool, etc. They don't have many people living there yet, but plan on 4 phases. They are priced in the low to mid three's and the quality was quite good (at least the ones we looked at). The lots are also smaller, but there are bigger ones (with higher premiums) in the neighborhood. They might be worth a look for your husband. The commute to the airport wouldn't be bad as he could go 98 bypass, to 98 to creedmoor to 540, or 98 to durham to the airport.

Anyhow, pm me if you want some more suggestions or have more questions.

Leigh

Old 04-06-2007, 09:59 AM

374 posts, read 1,598,829 times
we looked there last weekend and didnt love stonegate for the sole reason that it appeared that people were not taking care of their yards for some reason. It was weed city. very strange. we liked the homes...huge with decent appointments inside. And reasonable priced at mostly 400K (399999 LOL). But the houses were right on top of each other and the weeds were bad and grass was brown.

That being said...there is a separate part called LAKESIDE @ STONEGATE, but when you drive in it appears to be called LAKESIDE @ ST ANDREWS, but whatever, the homes there are a tad nicer, and more pricey. The brown one we loooked at was 450K or there abouts. At the end of a ul de sac and bigger lot with trees in back. I liked that part of the neihborhood better. Worth a look-see.

Old 04-24-2007, 09:50 AM

10 posts, read 62,922 times
Default Stonegate --- St. Andrews Lakeside

This posting may be too late for 'eddyscot' but here's some information that may be helpful to others. St. Andrews Lakeside @ Stonegate is a 29-home separate subdivision of 'Stonegate'. If you're looking for 'big' subdivision amenities, but want to live 'cozier', than Lakeside might be a good fit. The homes are all custom built with many upgrades and extras standard. In that respect, they are very different from the model homes in Stonegate. The current prices range from $419,900 up to $609,000 on the lake; square footage ranges from 2900 - 4000. Most lots are on 1/2+ acre and wooded. The lake is part of the overall development and is protected/preserved since it's part of the Neuse River basin. There is a brand new clubhouse, pool with slide, lit tennis courts, playground and parking. Some of the original custom builders are Mclure Builders, Bock Construction, Huntley and Munro - that I know of. The location is good, close to the new 540 interchange (off 401 South), close to Capital/Highway 1 and close to the new 98 Bypass. Hope this helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary