Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2009, 11:32 AM

757 posts, read 2,082,197 times

Advertisements

The houses currently up for sale in that neighborhood are very cute. I noticed there is a railroad track near. Are the tracks pretty loud from that neighborhood? Are there walking trails near...not very familiar with this particular part of Cary. Do people generally maintain their homes in this neighborhood. We maintain our home very well and like neighborhoods that appear that they do the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2009, 11:51 AM

2,270 posts, read 9,145,316 times
We live fairly near there and have friends who live in that neighborhood. It has always appeared well-maintained to me. It is very close to the beginning of the Black Creek Greenway, a great trail just across Maynard. It is also close to Godbold Park, the dog park, and SK8 Cary (skateboarding park). You also could just about walk, and certainly bike, to downtown Cary.

I'm not sure about train noise. We can hear the trains from where we are (if outside) and we are about 1.5 miles from there.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:07 PM

4,303 posts, read 5,983,434 times
We bought a house a bit east of Northwoods (right near Maynard and Reedy Creek) a few months ago and love it.

Yes, there is train noise where we are (half dozen or so trains per day, including a 3 AM train usually five nights a week), but we've completely tuned it out by now.

Reedy Creek Plaza with Food Lion is walking distance from our house, which is nice, and Harris Teeter and all the other stuff up at Harrison Pointe is just a short drive away.

The area is ethnically diverse, and housing a mix of single-family homes, duplexes, and apartment complexes...relatively small groupings of each in close proximity. The houses in our immediate area were built in the mid '80s, although there are some newer infill apartments nearby and some brand-new townhouses also appearing in the area.

Homes in our area are maintained pretty well. Our neighborhood is fairly woodsy, so even well-kept properties have a bit of "rustic" or "wild" feel to them when compared to bulldozed tract developments.

Traffic is very light in the area IMO, yet the hustle and bustle of Cary Towne Center and Walnut Street Shopping District are close by all of those needs.

As for trails, check out the Cary Bike and Hike map (PDF) (http://www.townofcary.org/depts/dsdept/P&Z/bicycleplan/bicyclemap.pdf - broken link). The Black Creek and Northwoods greenways are close by, but we haven't ventured up there yet.

Does that help? Feel free to ask any other questions, and I'll do the best I can to answer them.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:29 PM

1,007 posts, read 5,662,411 times
This is a very nice neighborhood and what I really like about it is that many of the buyers are updating these homes. Plus you can still find something in the low 200s. I see this neighborhood as somewhat a "secret." You see people outside walking their dogs or just walking. This development is in a very good location to commute from, the biking trail is close by as another poster said, so close to shopping and amenities, no HO dues, they still have mature landscaping, and just a well-rounded community.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:49 PM

757 posts, read 2,082,197 times
Thanks

We are trying to get ideas for when we move 2 years from now. I want it to be quick, easy, and an informed decision. We are looking for subdivision first over area. When we are ready to move I will have a list of only 5 subdivisions to choose from and then we will go from there. I'll have to drive by Northwoods to get a sense from it. The one for sale that's 269,000 in Northwoods looks like our exact house inside and out, just bigger than our current house. Cute. That's what our husband wants: Our house just bigger ...ours is 1100 sq. feet. I agree, I love our current house and it is really a gem..but we will need a little bigger in the future. We are near the train tract currently and we have gotten used to it. Just don't want the train in our backyard

Old 05-14-2009, 01:56 PM

4,266 posts, read 11,418,220 times
A lot of things can change in 2 years!!

Old 05-14-2009, 03:00 PM

43,264 posts, read 77,043,330 times
We lived in Northwoods and Willoughby Place for 4 years.
There is something for everyone there, from starter homes to some larger homes.
Townhomes too.

I loved the proximity to I-40, Raleigh, the Airport, and really miss living there for the conveniences.

The train is audible, and can be loud on a still night, but it was not a detraction as far as we were concerned.

Opening of Harrison Pointe Shopping Center with Harris Teeter, Staples, and several restaurants makes the area even more convenient.

Old 05-14-2009, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
We lived in Northwoods and Willoughby Place for 4 years.
Nice! We're in Willoughby Place...it's a small neighborhood, so we can't be far from where you were!

Old 05-14-2009, 03:15 PM

43,264 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFspiderman View Post
Nice! We're in Willoughby Place...it's a small neighborhood, so we can't be far from where you were!
I was at 212 Willoughby.

We had great neighbors, and just a nice quiet culdesac.

Old 05-14-2009, 06:40 PM

Cool...we're on Cricket Hill.

Lots of kids on our street and they love having the run of the culdesac...can't wait until ours gets old enough to really enjoy it out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary