Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2007, 12:20 PM

37 posts, read 109,939 times

Advertisements

We have been here for six months now and I have yet to hear anyone talk about dog parks.This really suprizes me, as I have seen so many pet (dog)owners.Does anyone know if there are any located in North Raleigh.I have attached a picture of my dog Peanut.All info is appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Dog Parks in Raleigh-peanut.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2007, 12:33 PM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,357,618 times
There is a dog park at Millbrook Exchange Park off Spring Forest Road. See http://www.millbrook-dog-park.com/joomla/index.php for details.

Old 04-07-2007, 12:33 PM

653 posts, read 2,987,360 times
Too cute!!

Yes, there are dog parks, and dog friendly places all over the Triangle. Recently, someone posted about a sidewalk cafe in Cameron Village having a dog friendly patio, where the server actually brought treats and ice water for her dog! (Help me out, fellow posters, what was the name of that restaurant again??)

Millbrook Exchange has a large dog park, Millbrook Dog Park, within it, here's a link:

http://www.millbrook-dog-park.com/joomla/index.php

Also, if you go to www.meetup.com, you might find groups of people who are like minded about their dogs, and find some other suggestions. There has been talk that when the North Wake Landfill off Durant Road closes, that part of the land could be used for a dog park, but that is still a couple years off.

Good luck to you and Peanut finding some pals!

Old 04-07-2007, 12:40 PM

2,825 posts, read 6,926,962 times
Besides Millbrook, there is also a dog park at Oakwood Park.
http://www.oakwooddogpark.com/

You can find out about the proposed dog park sites here (Carolina Pines and Lake Johnson):
http://www.raleigh-nc.org/portal/ser...Dog_Parks.html

Old 04-07-2007, 02:29 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,669,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroadagain View Post
We have been here for six months now and I have yet to hear anyone talk about dog parks.This really suprizes me, as I have seen so many pet (dog)owners.Does anyone know if there are any located in North Raleigh.I have attached a picture of my dog Peanut.All info is appreciated.
I talk about them all the time.

Milbrook at Exchange park is in North Raleigh, Oakwood is in IBL and there is one you have to pay for in Cary. Wake Forest is building one that should be open around the beginning of May.

There are plans for quite a few others as well...though I see that the people around Leesville Community Park are trying to stop one from being built near them...using the very same comments that people tried to use (and were proven completely false) when they opened up Milbrook and people were all NIMBY about it.

Oh, just FYI but Tuesday, April 10, the Milbrook park will be closed from 7:30 a.m to 4:00 pm so the Raleigh Parks and Rec Maintenance department can work on the park.

Old 04-08-2007, 11:36 AM

37 posts, read 109,939 times
Thank you all for the insight

Old 04-19-2007, 07:18 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,669,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroadagain View Post
Thank you all for the insight
Since not everyone is following the Durham pit bull thread, I'd thought I'd let you know that there are a few pictures of the dogs playing today at Millbrook Dog Park...and one shot that shows some of the park. I just had my cell phone so they aren't great though.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...t-bulls-6.html

Last edited by Desdemona123; 04-19-2007 at 07:18 PM.. Reason: Edited to add link.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary