Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2007, 08:38 PM

9 posts, read 75,416 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are visiting Cary/Raleigh from 7/4 - 7/8. Any suggestions on a good, clean hotel? We're looking to spend no more than $100 per night including tax, etc.

Would you suggest staying in Raleigh or Cary?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2007, 08:41 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,037,211 times
It probably depends on what you are coming here to do? We have stayed at the north raleigh hilton a couple of times to get away from the kidlets, and it has always been quite nice. I know you can get discount prices on the weekend and through priceline.

Anyhow, that would be my suggestion!

Leigh

Old 06-18-2007, 09:23 PM

9 posts, read 75,416 times
Just visiting as we're considering moving there (Cary) in March of next year. Hence the reason I asked should we stay in Cary or Raleigh to get a feel for the area?

Old 06-18-2007, 09:28 PM

43,313 posts, read 77,154,614 times
a gentleman today told me he was staying at the Red Roof Inn on Walnut Street, at Crossroads shopping Center and thought it was a very good value, and good place to stay.
Good place to camp for a few days and have easy access to either town.
Many restaurants within walking distance of the RRI.
And I think it will hit your budget.

I think any place that gives you easy access to both towns would be a good home base for a scouting trip.
Hampton Inn at I-40 and Chapel Hill Road, if you can get the rate you want. But you will drive for everything.

Old 06-18-2007, 09:39 PM

19 posts, read 60,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikel Lee View Post
My wife and I are visiting Cary/Raleigh from 7/4 - 7/8. Any suggestions on a good, clean hotel? We're looking to spend no more than $100 per night including tax, etc.

Would you suggest staying in Raleigh or Cary?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Hi Mike
I stayed at the Hilton in North Raleigh about a month ago. I went on priceline and paid $50 per night for this 3 star hotel. The hotel/rooms are very nice, food was excellent and very friendly staff. The hotel is also about 3 blocks or so from the I40

Old 06-18-2007, 09:42 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,114,450 times
The Hampton Inn on Chapel Hill Road is pretty nice. It's not in the most picture-esque part of Cary but it is convenient and it's a nice, clean hotel. The Ramada Inn on Blue Ridge Road is pretty nice and is VERY convenient to both downtown Raleigh and Cary. It's also right across the street from the state Fairgrounds so you could walk over and watch the big fireworks display on the 4th (or probably just stand and outside and watch them).

Old 06-19-2007, 05:24 AM

1,540 posts, read 5,564,866 times
Alot of the hotels around the Crabtree Area is where most of my clients end up, some on Summit Park Lane, which they are telling me they had great rates.
Crabtree Valley, Raleigh North Carolina Hotels by Name

Old 06-19-2007, 06:57 AM

3,031 posts, read 9,090,580 times
I got a great rate at the Washington Duke Inn last week. It was more than $100 and yes, someone else was paying for it, but I think it caters to visiting parents and people there for business so summertime rates are lower. You might call over there to see what they'd charge. It's in Durham which is probably not where you'd ideally want to be if you're wanting to be right in the middle of Cary, but I think it's worth it. It didn't take me that long to drive to Cary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary