Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2007, 08:09 AM

85 posts, read 451,819 times

Advertisements

My husband and I along with our 3 children will be moving to HS soon and would like to get them registered for the sports they are involved in...My question is since we are so close to Cary, Apex, FV, can we register them for programs in those areas? How are the programs offered by the HS parks and rec? Who (or where) IYO has the best programs (sports and otherwise) for kids?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2007, 11:04 AM

36 posts, read 277,141 times
Holly Springs has some excellent facilities and many involved parents. They are experiencing tremendous growth and have some problems associated with the growth IMO. We choose to participate in the baseball and basketball program there but play soccer and football in another area. Football in another area just because the Saturday morning games fit our schedule better than the Saturday evening games. I think they are making progress with some of their soccer teams and we may reconsider that option in the future. The FVAA in Fuquay has some good programs, I think due to the fact that they are run by a separate organization and not the town. Same with Apex Sports Authority in Apex (Football, Wrestling, Lacrosse and cheerleading). There are many good choices out there, Its just a matter of how much time do you want to spend traveling to games and to practices.

Old 04-20-2007, 11:38 AM

2,187 posts, read 8,011,415 times
I agree that it depends on what sport your child plays and how much driving you want to do. My dd does cheer and I have to driver her all the way to the Preston part of Cary for that as HS doesn't offer any type of competitive cheer for her level here. She is 8. Once she gets in Middle school she will be able to try out for the team but for now we need to take her elsewhere. Baseball and soccer, basketball leagues seem to run smoothly and efficiently here with lots of kids and parents involved. Sunset Ridge I know has an excellent swim and tennis team that runs very efficiently as well.

Old 04-24-2007, 10:38 AM

36 posts, read 277,141 times
My dd does cheer and I have to driver her all the way to the Preston part of Cary for that as HS doesn't offer any type of competitive cheer for her level here. She is 8.

Have you tried Sonshine Cheer Team? I think they cover her age. I don't know much about it though.

Old 04-24-2007, 06:46 PM

2,187 posts, read 8,011,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heretostay View Post
My dd does cheer and I have to driver her all the way to the Preston part of Cary for that as HS doesn't offer any type of competitive cheer for her level here. She is 8.

Have you tried Sonshine Cheer Team? I think they cover her age. I don't know much about it though.
Yes I looked into them and they are more of a tumbling class for toddlers it seems. They do not cater to the level that she is currently performing at. Hopefully in the future that will change! Thanks for the suggestion though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary