Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2009, 11:38 AM

161 posts, read 581,302 times

Advertisements

For those of you who have DirecTV, would you mind giving me the rundown of the sports stations you get, and which package you have (e.g. Choice, Choice Extra, Premier). I am particularly interested in SportSouth and Fox Sports South -- these are the stations that show the Braves baseball games and it's absurd that TWC doesn't carry these channels here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2009, 12:41 PM

151 posts, read 404,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ech86 View Post
For those of you who have DirecTV, would you mind giving me the rundown of the sports stations you get, and which package you have (e.g. Choice, Choice Extra, Premier). I am particularly interested in SportSouth and Fox Sports South -- these are the stations that show the Braves baseball games and it's absurd that TWC doesn't carry these channels here!
Hi there!

You can search here to determine the regional sports networks you'll receive based on your zip code with any DTV package level 'Choice' or above.

If you don't get the stations you want, you can get the DTV Sports Pack .. that will enable you to receive all of the regional sports networks, EXCLUDING any professional sports games (they'll be blacked out).

For the professional games you'll need the sport-specific subscription package (e.g. MLB Extra Innings, for the Atlanta Braves games) -- if the games aren't part of the regional sports network you'd get business-as-usual in your zip code.

Old 07-11-2009, 12:55 PM

776 posts, read 1,684,263 times
I've got Choice Extra w/HD DVR.

These are the sports channels I get...it should be the same if you don't have HD...

205 DirecTV Sports Mix
206 ESPN HD
207 ESPN News HD
208 ESPN Classic
209 ESPN 2 HD
212 NFL Network HD
213 MLB Network HD
215 NHL Network HD
217 Tennis HD
218 Golf HD
603 Versus HD
604 SPMN (Outdoors/Hunting)
607 Speed HD
609 Hunting
610 Big Ten HD
613 CBS Sports College HD
618 Fuel HD
640 MASN HD
641 MASN 2
644 Fox Sports Tennesee HD
645 Fox Sports Carolina HD
646 Fox Sports South HD
700+ MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, Soccer, Nascar, Tennis, PGA packages

I do not get channel 649, which is Sports South. Which is wierd to me...I get FS Tennessee and South, but not Sports South.

Come to think of it...I can't understand why I get FS Tennessee? They're not showing programming on it at the moment...but I'm not getting the "Channel Not Purchased" warning.

Old 07-11-2009, 01:00 PM

776 posts, read 1,684,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kesco View Post
Hi there!

You can search here to determine the regional sports networks you'll receive based on your zip code with any DTV package level 'Choice' or above.
I'm not sure how accurate that is. When I type in my zip code...it says I should only get MASN and FSS. But I get MASN, FS Carolina and FS South...and I believe FS Tennessee.

Old 07-11-2009, 06:57 PM

306 posts, read 719,726 times
I get the "channel not purchased" when anything is being blacked out (we have the sports package). DirecTV says this is normal. However, EVERY sporting event seems to be blacked out except for one or two baseball games. DirecTV says it is market specific--and if an event isn't sold out, then it will be blacked out, regardless of what region you are in.

My issue is this: We used to watch Cincinnati Reds ALL THE TIME......(no blackouts) when we lived in Ohio. My DirecTV here has most Cincinnati Reds games blacked out. DirecTV says it's because the games aren't sold out. Something doesn't make sense--when I lived 2 hours from Cincy, I could watch all the Reds I wanted...........now I live here and I can't?

This is just my example--there have been other instances--my husband wanted to watch ANY baseball game the other night and every game was blacked out. Now we could watch any "ESPN's Funniest Moments" or "Best D@mn Sports Show" that a sports station was playing, but no games.

Bottom line for us: The Sports Package just isn't what it used to be. I'm not sure we'll continue it--but we might hold on through the fall to see how much college football we can watch.........or can't watch :-)

Old 07-11-2009, 08:25 PM

161 posts, read 581,302 times
It sounds like even if I get DirecTV I still won't be able to watch the Braves games since they aren't our regional team. Guess I'll stick with MLB.tv.

Old 07-12-2009, 08:17 AM

892 posts, read 3,161,030 times
mlb tv is what herd needs too - we only miss reds game when they play in dc.

anyone know anything about the updated receiver now needed for nfl sunday ticket this year?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary