Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 09:23 PM

1,967 posts, read 956,532 times

Advertisements

He is scheduled to be there this Saturday, 25 July. Should I be expecting the same crowd that showed up for Joan Jett? I am not one for crowds but at the same time would think it might be worth it regardless. What does everyone think. Should I go and just deal with the crowd?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2009, 09:33 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,222,922 times
It's been some years now but I saw him live for free in VA and he was great FWIW.

Old 07-18-2009, 09:45 PM

I've always heard he put on great shows, but it's the crowd that I'm concerned with. The last thing I want is to be pushed around by an overly enthusiastic crowd. I did however see The Ramones at the old Studio 52 in NYC and did not mind the scene as they were one of the best concerts I ever seen. And yes the mosh pit was in full gear!!

Old 07-18-2009, 10:17 PM

646 posts, read 2,053,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe530 View Post
He is scheduled to be there this Saturday, 25 July. Should I be expecting the same crowd that showed up for Joan Jett? I am not one for crowds but at the same time would think it might be worth it regardless. What does everyone think. Should I go and just deal with the crowd?
If you like his music...then go.

I don't know anyone that likes his music, or his views (when you get a song banned from country radio for being too right wing you know there is a problem), so I can't tell you what crowd dynamic will be like...but if you like his music...then it's probably worth going for you.

Old 07-19-2009, 06:26 AM

3,650 posts, read 9,222,922 times

Hopefully not to get on a lengthy sidetrack, but I suspect this is what you're talking about: snopes.com: Charlie Daniels 'Rag' Ban

It's not about being "too right wing," but too politically incorrect...and in this day and age, God forbid we aren't ultra politically correct at all times. sniffle

Anyway, if you can handle a Ramones crowd, I can't imagine what you're worried about. Personally I'll pass as I think crowds generally have gotten so obnoxious and annoying (like what's with all the high-pitched squeals ie that "WOOOOOO" BS? It's like harpies from hell) it's hard to really enjoy the show.

Old 07-19-2009, 07:06 AM

14 posts, read 10,828 times
I don't pay too much attention to what singers/actors say off stage, otherwise I would never see a movie or go to a concert. But Daniels band's music speaks to the majority of America. It is in support of the average working person. The people most often forgotten. That is why the music is so popular and why such big crowds attend.

Joan Jett was a one hit wonder. She did not draw a lot of people. The area doesn't hold a lot of people, so it only seemed like a lot because people were crowded in a small area. Charlie Daniels always outdraws people like Joan Jett. I would expect a much more active and upbeat crowd than what Joan Jett was able to attract. It should be a heck of a time.

Enjoy.

Old 07-19-2009, 07:28 AM

542 posts, read 1,526,107 times
I will be avoiding the Moore Square area like the plague next weekend. I feel for my fellow servers and bartenders that will have to deal 10% tips and people who do not know how to drink in public without making a scene or shouting "woooooo". Next Saturday will be a day everyone in the service industry in downtown will be happy to see come and go without too much incident.

Mike

Old 07-19-2009, 08:23 AM

Its been many, many years since I had been to a concert. So I had never heard of this Wooo phenomenon that's going on. I'm more of the hold up your lighter crowd and sway with the music. All that woooing sounds like it would get old and annoying pretty quickly.
As far as Joan Jett being a one hit wonder, that is a gross misstatement as she had alot of hits back in the day. I saw her back in 1981 in a small club and she and the band put on a great show for everyone.
I imagine that I will attempt to see the show as he is one band that I had never seen before. If I don't enjoy it, at least I didn't have to pay.

Old 07-19-2009, 08:41 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,318,349 times
FWIW, I don't know how many of the people posting here have actually been to concerts in Moore Square but based on my first hand experience they are not as crazy as some people make it out to be.The park is big, if you want to hear the music but not be stuck in a crowd of people just pick a spot further away from the stage. It really isn't that big of a deal.
I plan on checking out the concert next week.

If you are a fan of their music, I suggest you go too.

Joan Jett Concert in Moore Square

http://s164.photobucket.com/albums/u33/North_Raleigh_Guy/DSC02062.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by North_Raleigh_Guy; 07-19-2009 at 09:05 AM..

Old 07-19-2009, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
FWIW, I don't know how many ofthe people posting here have actually been to concerts in Moore Square but based on my first hand experience they are not as crazy as some people make it out to be.You don't need to be right in front of the stage. The park is big, if you want to here the musicbut not be stuck in a crowd of people just pick a spot further away from the stage. It really isn't that big of a deal.

This is the answer I was looking for, thanks NRG. I have been to Moore Square plenty of times but not for concerts. I just needed to know if there would be areas to hang out and not be jostled by the crowd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary