Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 07:50 AM

2,586 posts, read 9,104,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Just wanted to revisit this thread to see if anybody else had an Eye Doctor they would recommend. Unfortunatley I have not had much luck finding a Doctor I like. I have an unusual prescription and it usually takes a bit of trial and error to get the right contact selected but the two doctors I have dealt with thus far appear to be more interested in volume of clients than quality of service.

I am looking for an Eye Doctor who spends more than 90 seconds with his/her patients and doesn't rely on their technicians for conducting 99% of the visit. While I live in Raleigh, I am willing to travel to Cary, Durham or Chapel Hill for a godd doctor.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated!

~ NRG
Just sent you a DM...and it is a one-doc office in N. Raleigh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2010, 11:18 AM

1 posts, read 1,748 times
my mother has macular degeneration and has also moved here from NJ a few years ago. Looking for a good prcatice to treat her as you have described. Any luck finding someone you like?? Any suggestions for someone more specialized than just glasses/contacts would be great! Her current practice takes over 4 hrs to return calls and even then she is not sure the MD has been informed or if it is just based on the technicians....UGGH!! HELP!

Old 03-16-2010, 11:24 AM

299 posts, read 635,368 times
Not sure where you are, Broderickgirl but I highly recommend Dr. Vito in Holly Springs. He has taken so much time with my elderly mother, calling a day or two after the appt. to make sure everything is working properly for her and has offered to come see her at home if she's unable to make it to the office. His staff is also very professional. If you have any concerns, he will definitely take the time to discuss things with you. I've also seen him for my regular appts. & contacts which I buy from him at the same rate that I found them online. He's just the type of doctor you hope to find but rarely do. When there are problems, you'll get a return call from him not just a staff member and they ar usually very prompt about returning calls. However, 4 hours is not a long wait for a phone call during office hours. If you need a return call to be made ASAP, let them know and they will usually do so whenever they can.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:01 PM

83 posts, read 207,973 times
I'd recommend Dr Dahringer with Carolina Cataract and Laser Center. They are located on Falls of Neuse Road in North Raleigh. It appears from his waiting room that many of his customers are elderly. I am not, but my late father was when I took him to see Dr Dahringer a few times. I also have seen the doctor twice.

Old 03-16-2010, 02:14 PM

814 posts, read 2,007,230 times
My Mom had lots of 'aging eye" issues and her doctor in Virginia referred her to Dr. Noah at Raleigh Opthamology. He was great with her. He has since retired, but our whole family now goes to Raleigh Opthamology. Tim Jordan is a great pediatric opth, I go to Bobby Gupta (yes, a woman) and think she is awesome. My husband goes to one of the men(sorry...can't remember) and thinks hes great. Check out the resumes of their doctors...very good. I have always found them to be very responsive. Yes, they use technicians for the initial work, but the Doctor always spends plenty of time with me.

Old 03-16-2010, 04:46 PM

569 posts, read 1,978,478 times
I would highly recommend Dr Deborah Hudak off Creedmore Rd near Strickland Rd. I don't have too many eye problems, but my wife does and Dr Hudak really takes time with her.

About Dr. Deborah Hudak Raleigh NC

PS We started seeing her many years ago at the Raleigh Eye Center which was one of those large impersonal offices. We were very happy when she started her own office.

Old 03-16-2010, 04:54 PM

238 posts, read 669,361 times
My wife made an appointment at EyeCare Associates for after work one night. She drove 30 minutes (stuck in traffic) and showed up literally 5 minutes late for the appointment. They told her to go home and she had to reschedule. Needless to say we never went back.

Old 03-16-2010, 05:00 PM

398 posts, read 1,292,516 times
I am new to the area as well and received a high recommendation for Dr. Stone in Cary. I am seeing him on Friday!

Old 03-16-2010, 06:46 PM

4,596 posts, read 11,450,678 times
Default Dr. Paul Fleming next door to Western Wake Hospital

NRG, I have been very pleased with Dr. Paul Fleming. He is in practice with another eye doctor, and they are located in the offices in the red brick buildings next door to Western Wake Hospital in Cary.

I see him for my routine eye exams, glasses, etc., but when my husband suffered an eye injury this past Labor Day, he took Mr. Rdslots on as a patient, too, and I was impressed with the care Mr. Rdslots got from Dr. Fleming.

He never makes me feel rushed. I can ask him things, let him know what research I've done, blah blah blah. He was most helpful when my husband had his problem -- explaining what we were seeing with his eye, how it would progress, and what to expect. He felt the injury was superficial but scheduled a follow-up about 3 months later just to check everything over once the eye had had a chance to heal.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:03 AM

120 posts, read 498,461 times
Whatever you do do NOT go to the Contact Lens Institute off Falls of Neuse. They were HORRIBLE. They lied to me about pricing, made me sign a waiver at the beginning of the appointment that said I agreed to pay whatever my insurance wouldn't cover (I know...it should have been a red flag) and charged me about $160 for just a stupid eye exam. Then they were EXTREMELY pushy that I had to buy glasses and contacts there (which were all drastically overpriced) and got angry with me when I said I wanted to shop around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary