Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2009, 02:05 PM

61 posts, read 285,491 times

Advertisements

On the map it looks like a short little commute, but on mapquest it says 35 minutes. I'm curious for those of you that live in willow spring, around the Old Stage Road area how long it takes you to get to downtown Raleigh. I'm sure there are short cuts that mapquest just does not show. Is that area generally safe? Does anyone know anything about the Honeycutt Landing subdivision?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 02:09 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,277,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breji View Post
On the map it looks like a short little commute, but on mapquest it says 35 minutes. I'm curious for those of you that live in willow spring, around the Old Stage Road area how long it takes you to get to downtown Raleigh. I'm sure there are short cuts that mapquest just does not show. Is that area generally safe? Does anyone know anything about the Honeycutt Landing subdivision?
I work with someone who commutes to Downtown Raleigh from Willow Spring. She says it regularly takes her 45 minutes to make the drive.

Old 09-04-2009, 02:27 PM

393 posts, read 673,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breji View Post
I live a ways south of Ten Ten Road and can easily get to DT Raleigh in 20 minutes. Add 10 to 15 minutes from the area you are talking about. Your estimate is accurate. If you can cut over to Lake Wheeler Road and take that in, you can avoid 401 and have almost no traffic. That is between you and me, though.

You can travel many different beautiful country roads from the location you are talking about. You will see the area continue to grow and appreciate in value, as more and more people discover just how beautiful and convenient it is SW of Raleigh.

Old 09-04-2009, 02:36 PM

892 posts, read 3,160,676 times
That is a perfectly safe area.There are plenty of routes from point a to point b (also depends on what time of day) you should average 30 minutes.

Old 09-04-2009, 04:31 PM

5,743 posts, read 17,596,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexIntruder View Post
I live a ways south of Ten Ten Road and can easily get to DT Raleigh in 20 minutes.
Wow. Then you must move at a pretty good clip and travel at off peak (waaaay off peak) times. I live at the corner of Ten Ten and Lake Wheeler and it takes me 10 minutes just to get to the Tryon intersection when I take Lake Wheeler at 6:30am. It would take me another 10 minutes to get from Tryon Rd to the state capital building downtown. I believe that you live about 5 minutes southwest of me. What landmark do you consider "downtown"?

Old 09-04-2009, 04:55 PM

393 posts, read 673,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser View Post
Wow. Then you must move at a pretty good clip and travel at off peak (waaaay off peak) times. I live at the corner of Ten Ten and Lake Wheeler and it takes me 10 minutes just to get to the Tryon intersection when I take Lake Wheeler at 6:30am. It would take me another 10 minutes to get from Tryon Rd to the state capital building downtown. I believe that you live about 5 minutes southwest of me. What landmark do you consider "downtown"?
Leaving at around 7am. No problem at all. I live a little over 11 miles from DT Raleigh and I am traveling LW at 45MPH+. It's a breeze. I can get to RTP in 30 minutes like clockwork. I think 401/Fayetteville would be a little worse, as it has several stop lights. You would lose time there, but not sure how much.

I consider the downtown "area" near the convention center and the nice park, in the context of what were are talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary