Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 09:36 AM

351 posts, read 770,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
All are ranches. Some have basements, but beyond that they are single level living.
Prices are a little higher than some other neighborhoods, due to the success and amenities.
1400SF homes are in the $240,000--$250,000 range.
They're also now offering lofts on the Dogwood Collection floorplans which have an open bonus area and an additional bedroom & full bath.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2010, 10:37 PM

22 posts, read 190,148 times
This might be the perfect place to ask a question I have had regarding Dell Webb community - I reviewed a listing someone had but still couldn't tell if this community is considered Cary or Chatham County? I can't find any wake county tax info on the website and noticed the schools listed as Chatham County. But the tax assessment and tax rate for these homes seem very very high. I noticed a 2200 sq foot home's taxes were $3600! HOA is approximately $200 according to the listing. Anyone know which County Dell Web is located in?

Old 05-25-2010, 04:20 AM

43,264 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraciAnn View Post
This might be the perfect place to ask a question I have had regarding Dell Webb community - I reviewed a listing someone had but still couldn't tell if this community is considered Cary or Chatham County? I can't find any wake county tax info on the website and noticed the schools listed as Chatham County. But the tax assessment and tax rate for these homes seem very very high. I noticed a 2200 sq foot home's taxes were $3600! HOA is approximately $200 according to the listing. Anyone know which County Dell Web is located in?
Right on both counts.

Carolina Preserve is in Cary, in Chatham County.

Old 03-12-2011, 07:32 AM

2 posts, read 5,083 times
Question Question about re-sale

We visited Carolina Preserve in February and I did not get the impression that there is a waiting list. I could have signed a contract immediately. I was told they presently have approximately 1000 homes occupied and if you look at the lot map there are a lot of lots available which are not open at this time. If you have the money and want to buy you do not have to worry about a 'waiting list.' The only thing is whether you get your choice of lot, especially in the Dogwood Collection, since a lot of the lots are not available. They will not open the others until the present ones are sold.

I am very impressed with the Campus and Cary is a 'growing' community but the question I have is when you sell the house because of health reasons. They (Agents at Carolina Preserve) will not sell the house, you must get a real estate agent. My question is now you are in competition with 'their agent' who is selling a new house probably at a lower cost than what you house is listed. I would like to know how hard or easy is it to sell your house if you must leave because of assisted or skilled living. ???? Only a real estate agent in that area can answer that question.

Old 03-12-2011, 07:33 AM

2 posts, read 5,083 times
Default Counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraciAnn View Post

I understand the Campus/Community is divided into 2 Counties, each having a different Tax Structure

Old 03-12-2011, 08:45 AM

4,266 posts, read 11,418,220 times
I'm the original poster of this thread and have been following Carolina Preserve closely over the past 1-1/2 yrs. We are still interested in moving there (we just put our home on the market and if we are lucky enough to sell, we'll likely go to CP). Anyway, we've been watching new builds and re-sales closely. Resales in the Cardinal series go pretty quickly. The Dogwoods also sell well, as long as they don't have a second floor or basement which raises the price to well over $350K.

Old 03-12-2011, 09:09 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbbgb View Post
We visited Carolina Preserve in February and I did not get the impression that there is a waiting list. I could have signed a contract immediately. I was told they presently have approximately 1000 homes occupied and if you look at the lot map there are a lot of lots available which are not open at this time. If you have the money and want to buy you do not have to worry about a 'waiting list.' The only thing is whether you get your choice of lot, especially in the Dogwood Collection, since a lot of the lots are not available. They will not open the others until the present ones are sold.

I am very impressed with the Campus and Cary is a 'growing' community but the question I have is when you sell the house because of health reasons. They (Agents at Carolina Preserve) will not sell the house, you must get a real estate agent. My question is now you are in competition with 'their agent' who is selling a new house probably at a lower cost than what you house is listed. I would like to know how hard or easy is it to sell your house if you must leave because of assisted or skilled living. ???? Only a real estate agent in that area can answer that question.
First off, let me say that you should have your OWN REAL ESTATE AGENT when you BUY! I don't think their salespeople are going to tell you what others have been getting, as far as incentives, etc.

When it comes time to re sell, in ANY neighborhood, the onsite agent/salesperson (sometimes in n'hoods like this, the person onsite is NOT a RE Agent but a salesperson,working directly for the builder) will not re sell your house. You could try FSBO or you'd have to have a RE Agent.

When my clients buy in n'hoods that are still being built, the question is...how long before this n'hood is completed? If it is a year or two, re sale shouldn't be such a problem. However, if the n'hood isn't going to be completed for another 5 years and you may be selling within 3, you are going to compete against new homes. If the new homes are going up in price, and you didn't overpay for your home, you shouldn't have a problem. If you put in tons of upgrades and you overpaid and the new homes are selling for less, you may have a problem.

Your agent should be able to advise you on this. And, your agent should be able to pull the re sales to see how well they sold, based on what they paid, and how quickly they sold.

Vicki

Old 03-12-2011, 10:32 AM

22,665 posts, read 36,764,249 times
My parents live in CP and they tell me that a lot of the stuff that they gor as "standard" on their place is now being sold as "upgrades" - if you are at CP, don't be shy about talking to residents about what they got when the bought their houses....my mom loves to chat with people who are there on the tours.

BTW my parents LOVE IT there! (what's not to love...)

Old 03-13-2011, 07:48 PM

49 posts, read 140,394 times
My husband and I currently live in Carolina Preserve in the Willow Bend model of the Dogwood Series. We have lived in the community for 13 months and absolutely love it. There is always something to do and the people are very friendly and welcoming. The Club House is beautiful and the choice of activities can't be beat. My husband plays tennis and is in a senior softball league. I am in several dance and exercise classes. We also belong to a multitude of clubs, As retirees we could not have made a better move. Aside from the community being great, the area in general is wonderful for retirees. If anyone has any questions I would be happy to answer them.

Old 03-13-2011, 08:53 PM

1,611 posts, read 4,846,254 times
I spend HOURS there this weekend... with my parents. Here is a question for LIGAL (btw- are you a Long Island Girl?!) ... it's about the clubs... on average, how many members does a club have? 3? 30? 100?
I ask, because one could easily find a comparable home at a much lower price. So, to be worth it, the clubs & activities have to be vibrant. Do any clubs go into Durham or Raleigh or Chapel Hill? If so, do they use a bus or does everyone meet by car?I would like to know more about the clubs and the atmosphere at the club house. Thanks in advance for your input...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary