Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 09:37 AM

48 posts, read 130,873 times

Advertisements

We have short listed some communities in Cary, NC and will like your inputs regarding the subdivisions.

We are looking for input on the communities related to

1> Kids friendly community - preferrably within the age of 5-7 years

2> Resale value - I understand nobody can predict the future but an input will be appreciated.

3> Schools

StoneWater by Lennar - around mid $360K
Cameron Pond - They are around $400K
Highcroft Village - also around $400K
Hilliard Forest - By Ryan

Thanks for your input
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2009, 09:45 AM

43,266 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Highcroft Village and Cameron Pond offer semi-custom features and quality.
And they have their community pools in the ground.

In either one, I would be very selective of the lot, since external issues exist that may be exacerbated by small lot sizes.

Old 11-14-2009, 11:20 AM

1,112 posts, read 2,863,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsuji View Post
We have short listed some communities in Cary, NC and will like your inputs regarding the subdivisions.

We are looking for input on the communities related to

1> Kids friendly community - preferrably within the age of 5-7 years

2> Resale value - I understand nobody can predict the future but an input will be appreciated.

3> Schools

StoneWater by Lennar - around mid $360K
Cameron Pond - They are around $400K
Highcroft Village - also around $400K
Hilliard Forest - By Ryan

Thanks for your input
with Hilliard Forest and Cameron Pond you need to be very careful that you don't back up against the 540 extension that would certainly impact on resale

Old 11-14-2009, 01:47 PM

273 posts, read 911,596 times
This map should give you an update on the toll road coming through that area.

http://www.ncturnpike.org/pdf/TriEX%...tion%20Map.pdf

Old 11-14-2009, 03:04 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4alark View Post
This map should give you an update on the toll road coming through that area.

http://www.ncturnpike.org/pdf/TriEX%...tion%20Map.pdf
I wonder if this is all "set in stone" now?

The reason I ask is that I live near Strickland Road. We were told that it was to be widened in a couple of years. It took 13 years for it to finally be widened and when they did widen it, they changed the plans.

So, while it is great to have these maps that show where the highways are PLANNED to go, I wonder if it can be changed?

As for Cameron Pond, the huge rusty poles give you a good visual of where the highway will be, from what I am told. Again, is this set in stone?

Vicki

Old 11-14-2009, 05:29 PM

513 posts, read 1,604,687 times
I would say your best bet will be HV...all have small lot sizes but HV doesnt have to deal with 540 and the ugly poles. You will also be in a great school system forever.

There are also tons of kids. I live there so I am biased

Old 11-15-2009, 11:56 AM

48 posts, read 130,873 times
I am hearing that Highcroft Village will be a better option than Cameron pond, the main reason I see is the 540 and flight path.

Though Lennar Stonwater community is not custom builder but I have heard that the quality is not bad. What are the comments/thoughts for Stonewater.

The size at Lennar is approx 3200 sq ft for $360K and the custom builders are approx. 2800-2900 sq ft for $400K.

Also any comments on appreciation value related to the three subdivisions.

Thanks

Old 11-15-2009, 12:03 PM

71 posts, read 210,258 times
Yes, it is set in stone. The NC Turnpike Authority has already purchased right-of-way land and the permits have been issued for the project. All that remains for them to get started is to finish purchasing right-of-way from those last few landowners who didn't want to sell (and they may have imminent domain used to force them to sell).

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
I wonder if this is all "set in stone" now?

The reason I ask is that I live near Strickland Road. We were told that it was to be widened in a couple of years. It took 13 years for it to finally be widened and when they did widen it, they changed the plans.

So, while it is great to have these maps that show where the highways are PLANNED to go, I wonder if it can be changed?

As for Cameron Pond, the huge rusty poles give you a good visual of where the highway will be, from what I am told. Again, is this set in stone?

Vicki

Old 11-15-2009, 12:10 PM

71 posts, read 210,258 times
Certain areas in Highcroft Village will also have close proximity to the new I-540 highway. It will cross that area near Twyla Road and crosses between Highcroft and the Town of Cary's USA Baseball Park.

Have you visited the Wake County GIS website and looked at property parcels for homes/subdivisions you're interested in? You can search for property addresses and zoom in/out to view who owns land nearby. I believe the I-540 corridor is obvious in most areas. Try this link to the website - I zoomed to the Highcroft, Hilliard community area and you can see the I-540 corridor is the darker green linear area http://imaps.co.wake.nc.us/imaps/main.htm?msize=525 (hopefully it works - if not visit iMAPS Information for New Users to start the map and search by address for anything in Highcroft or Hilliard Forest and then zoom out.)

Old 11-15-2009, 03:08 PM

43,266 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8urgrl View Post
Certain areas in Highcroft Village will also have close proximity to the new I-540 highway. It will cross that area near Twyla Road and crosses between Highcroft and the Town of Cary's USA Baseball Park.

Have you visited the Wake County GIS website and looked at property parcels for homes/subdivisions you're interested in? You can search for property addresses and zoom in/out to view who owns land nearby. I believe the I-540 corridor is obvious in most areas. Try this link to the website - I zoomed to the Highcroft, Hilliard community area and you can see the I-540 corridor is the darker green linear area http://imaps.co.wake.nc.us/imaps/main.htm?msize=525 (hopefully it works - if not visit iMAPS Information for New Users to start the map and search by address for anything in Highcroft or Hilliard Forest and then zoom out.)
540 is a concern for Highcroft, but much less of a consideration in Highcroft Village.
Highcroft is in the lower right of the photo. Highcroft village is further east than Highcroft.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/11542612-post12.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary