Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 08:33 AM

809 posts, read 2,188,414 times

Advertisements

Lakemont section of Raleigh and surrounding area PLEASE keep doors locked, outdoor lighting on at night and do not unlock or answer your door to stranger/s.

I've a family member who lives in Lakemont and over the last week their outside backdoor light was tripped on. When she looked out a "person" was jumping over their fence and seen running across the neighbor's backyard.

The gate that closes off her backyard to the driveway has been tampered with.

Also, there is a man (believed to be hispanic) driving a dark car (green possibly) who is knocking on doors saying he is looking for work. It appears he is only going to houses that he believes to have only elderly owners and uses the element of surprise (Person just getting home).

PLEASE!!!! WATCH YOURSELF AND WATCH OUT FOR YOUR NEIGHBOR! If you see someone suspicious call 911 or the non emergency number 831-6311 and ask for an officer to be dispatched.

(btw, to residents there. No this is not the man who's house burned down who has been in the area for years)

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 08:35 AM

4,265 posts, read 11,425,505 times
Where is Lakemont?

Old 01-14-2010, 08:36 AM

A subdivision near Quail Hollow subdivision. It is on the South side of Millbrook between Falls of Neuse and Six Forks Road.

Old 01-14-2010, 06:46 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,249,243 times
Lakemont has smaller homes and has always been a quiet neighborhood. There are some streets that aren't as nice as others but that has to do with rentals. The neighborhood has gone up in price in the last couple of years due to its proximatey to North Hills. If there is someone trying to break in to homes, I'd suggest someone should alert the police.

Vicki

Old 01-14-2010, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Lakemont has smaller homes and has always been a quiet neighborhood. There are some streets that aren't as nice as others but that has to do with rentals. The neighborhood has gone up in price in the last couple of years due to its proximatey to North Hills. If there is someone trying to break in to homes, I'd suggest someone should alert the police.

Vicki
Actually the area around Purdue/Auburn/Radcliff/Yale, etc. is almost completely owner occupied. The police certainly have been alerted, Vicki, but they can't follow the residents around. There are two officers that live in the area, one right on a street an incident occurred on.

I hope this doesn't come across as rude, if it does I apologize in advance but I posted the information about contacting the police in the first post, something I have already done. They suggested getting the word out which is what I am trying to do. I am trying to cover every venue.

I am concerned for my relative and their neighbors. Many are elderly and it doesn't hurt to make a post here.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:07 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,249,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by second right View Post
Actually the area around Purdue/Auburn/Radcliff/Yale, etc. is almost completely owner occupied. The police certainly have been alerted, Vicki, but they can't follow the residents around. There are two officers that live in the area, one right on a street an incident occurred on.

I hope this doesn't come across as rude, if it does I apologize in advance but I posted the information about contacting the police in the first post, something I have already done. They suggested getting the word out which is what I am trying to do. I am trying to cover every venue.

I am concerned for my relative and their neighbors. Many are elderly and it doesn't hurt to make a post here.

I totally agree with your letting others know. I was answering another poster's question about the neighborhood, itself.

Vicki

Old 06-10-2012, 08:44 AM

3 posts, read 6,438 times
Lightbulb Burglars in Lakemont: May and June of 2012

Yes, I am posting because there was an attempt to burglarize my home. To date another home in the area was burglarized on June 6th.

Folks, we need to look out for each other in Lakemont, Raleigh. That means: once in a while get off the couch and quit looking at the TV and actually look out the window. When you are doing your yardwork look at the cars driving by. Maybe a walk in the evening is a good idea. Look around when you walk from your car into your house. Who is observing your actions and location? You may be surprised what you actually start noticing as well as what others notice. Together we can pool knowledge and clues for the detectives working these cases.

Did a car drive by slowly/extra quick or stalk around the corner? Was there something fishy about that 'salesperson' or moving van? Yes, you do need to write down the plates and makes/colors of the vehicles. They don't live here and may not actually have real business visiting our homes.

We do not live in a vacuum. We live in a COMMUNITY and we need to start acting like one if we want to help fight crime. The police can not and will not be there 24/7 to catch these folks. They need our help: observation/clues.

Install cameras and alarm systems. Why? Because these devices are what is needed to prevent the crimes and track criminal activity. Do you want to be a victim? If your house is hit do you want to always be wondering if it could have been avoided? Maybe just advising your neighbor could have helped her or him to avoid it..

The truth is this: If it happened to me and then it did happen to her .. then yes, it can/could happen to you. They have not be caught: YET!

The time for a neighborhood watch is now!

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 06-10-2012 at 09:00 AM.. Reason: Please do not post personal information on a public forum

Old 06-10-2012, 07:17 PM

tonnie,

I sent you a direct message/personal message. Please check your inbox.

I am currently staying at my relatives home because of strange activity they related to me. And yes, I have noticed several things that don't seem quite right.

I called the police non emergency number a few days ago about a situation and the officer said (paraphrased but pretty darn close) "I don't have a personal interest in the situation...".

Lovely.

Here I've been ragging on the Wake Forest Police and now this is the response I get from a Raleigh Officer?

Old 06-11-2012, 07:47 AM

3 posts, read 6,438 times
That's awful that the officer reponded in that way and if I had his or her name I would report the individual for basically stating that although it's my job..I'm just not gonna do it. please feel free to send any clues you observed to my email. I appreciate you taking the time to respond and please spread the word!

Old 06-11-2012, 08:07 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,093,051 times
how can any police officer refuse to check into a call because of "no personal interest interest". I would be livid with such a response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary