Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2010, 08:09 AM

28 posts, read 73,559 times

Advertisements

Has anyone taken a look at the spec home at weldon ridge? The lot is great and the house seems to have good upgrades. But it has been sitting for some time even with a pretty decent price point. Just wondering if anyone noticed anything negative about it.

Also, if anyone can give feedback on the estates section, I would appreciate it. things like home owner warranty service, pool being a mobscene, kids around 3 yrs playing, or just general comments are welcome. thanks for taking the time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 08:59 AM

1,886 posts, read 4,816,202 times
Two things come to mind-
That price point isn't really a strong one right now to begin with, and within that price point there are varied choices that may win out over a tract home.

If you don't need that type of space and lot size is not your priority you can steal a resale in that area. Most resales in Highcroft and Cameron Pond are priced below what the current owner paid. You can steal anything in Village Square at Amberly that's been sitting. M/I right down the street is cheaper. If you need the big house, John Wieland in Southbridge is a better home for not much more money and resales are plentiful. DJF sold the last couple of his homes in Hilliard Forest for less money than that Orleans home-they weren't really much smaller and there is no comparison between the appointments in those homes.

Lots of variety in the high 400s and most of the people are in the market at that price point are looking for something different than what Orleans has no choice but to offer in that section. They can't recut the lot sizes-they have to build out "The Estates" as "The Estates". They are bringing in smaller floorplans including first floor master plans, something they never offered across the street in Cary Park when their best selling floorplan was the biggest one they offered.

In this economy, Big Orleans floorplans are for families that are currently not migrating to our area or upsizing. The buyers aren't there. People are making do with less space instead of buying the bigger house. The trend is away from the type of home Orleans is building in Weldon Ridge Estates.

Old 01-28-2010, 09:36 AM

28 posts, read 73,559 times
Thanks FC. I have been following your postings. Very informative! I think you have the preference to get a custom builder if the price point is high enough, not only for the quality but for service.

I do not mind a tract builder with a pretty good quality. And personally, I do not have the eye for details (or the patience) to pick my own everything. My first home was a inventory, and I kinda liked it that way.

Re Cameron Pond or Highcroft, the lots were not to my liking. I live in morrisville, and one of the reasons i do not mind moving to the boonies is to get a bigger lot with better trees.

I would appreciate any feedback for folks living in weldon. thanks again for the post FC.

Old 01-28-2010, 02:59 PM

128 posts, read 282,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Chicken View Post
If you need the big house, John Wieland in Southbridge is a better home for not much more money and resales are plentiful.
not sure that's true currently - I believe there are only 3 resales available in Southbridge as 5 or 6 sold towards the end of 2009
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary