Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 10:48 AM

120 posts, read 498,461 times

Advertisements

Fyzboand boardjnky4 are just haters. Why is it so wrong to like thick crust pizza? Is a thick crust with lots of cheese too much to ask for? I'm sorry if I don't like my pizza so thin that I can see through the crust! I have a small hunch that both posters are from the New York/Long Island area....and that pizza sucks IMO!!!!!! Take that =p
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 12:32 PM

3,050 posts, read 4,994,249 times
Any tried "St Louis Style Pizza"? They use provelone instead of mozzarella. That stuff is disgusting!

Old 02-03-2010, 02:16 PM

282 posts, read 820,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daydreamzz View Post
Fyzboand boardjnky4 are just haters. Why is it so wrong to like thick crust pizza? Is a thick crust with lots of cheese too much to ask for? I'm sorry if I don't like my pizza so thin that I can see through the crust! I have a small hunch that both posters are from the New York/Long Island area....and that pizza sucks IMO!!!!!! Take that =p
If it makes me a hater because I dislike Buffalo's pizza then I guess I am. I spent 7 years living near or in Buffalo and could never find tasty pizza, it was sweet and bland. I do however like thick crusts, when visiting Italy all the pizza had an extremely thick crust and it was all excellent.

Don't take offense, there are regional foods that are enjoyed by those outside the region (Buffalo Wings prime example) and there are regional foods that just never seem to be enjoyed by those who did not grow up in that region. Think of deep fried tarantulas or chocolate covered ants, to some regions they are considered great foods, everywhere else they are considered gross. To almost everyone who did not grow up near/in Buffalo, that style of pizza is just not as good. That's why you will see NYC style pizza, Chicago style pizza, etc., but no one advertises WNY style pizza.

Just use this as something to look forward to whenever you go back for a visit.

Old 02-03-2010, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucyAussie View Post
Any tried "St Louis Style Pizza"? They use provelone instead of mozzarella. That stuff is disgusting!
To each his own I guess...You just tend to like what you grew up with. I've never heard of that though..strange

Old 02-03-2010, 04:26 PM

3,050 posts, read 4,994,249 times
You could also try Italian Restaurants - Daniels has great pizza that has a little thicker crust than a NY style pizzeria.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:22 AM

71 posts, read 180,341 times
+1 for La Foresta. They are our family's pizza of choice for sit-down/dine-in. Maybe their Sicilian will work? Also in N Raleigh (Durant Rd) and Wake Forest (South Main) is Bella Italia, and their Sicilian is awesome! Ask for the "grandmother's" pizza!

Old 02-04-2010, 07:47 AM

419 posts, read 1,397,806 times
I lived in WNY for over 20 years (Amherst and Cheektowaga). The pizza is terrible. For those who haven't experienced it, imagine a dinner roll with sauce and cheese.

Old 02-04-2010, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giffman View Post
I lived in WNY for over 20 years (Amherst and Cheektowaga). The pizza is terrible. For those who haven't experienced it, imagine a dinner roll with sauce and cheese.
=(

Old 02-04-2010, 09:33 AM

2,009 posts, read 3,584,994 times
I am going to jump on the bandwagon here and say I wasn't aware of a western NY style of pizza, further more I am going to also say WNY had it's share of terrible pizza and great pizza. It's about the same as here, you just need to do a google search for pizza near your house and start trying them out, you will find a good one soon enough.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:52 AM

1,188 posts, read 2,546,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyzbo View Post
If it makes me a hater because I dislike Buffalo's pizza then I guess I am. I spent 7 years living near or in Buffalo and could never find tasty pizza, it was sweet and bland. I do however like thick crusts, when visiting Italy all the pizza had an extremely thick crust and it was all excellent.

Don't take offense, there are regional foods that are enjoyed by those outside the region (Buffalo Wings prime example) and there are regional foods that just never seem to be enjoyed by those who did not grow up in that region. Think of deep fried tarantulas or chocolate covered ants, to some regions they are considered great foods, everywhere else they are considered gross. To almost everyone who did not grow up near/in Buffalo, that style of pizza is just not as good. That's why you will see NYC style pizza, Chicago style pizza, etc., but no one advertises WNY style pizza.

Just use this as something to look forward to whenever you go back for a visit.
don't worry...she is just bitter(and my g/f so I am allowed to say that) that NYC style pizza is so delicious. I went to school in buffalo. I tolerate the pizza there. There is nothing like a slice of pizza at a Long Island pizzeria though. Fuhgedaboutit does a good job too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary