Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2010, 06:13 PM

98 posts, read 131,644 times

Advertisements

See title to thread.
I am looking for valances and swags.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 02-14-2010 at 07:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2010, 04:53 AM

2,187 posts, read 8,005,206 times
I would check out JC Penneys, Bed Bath & Beyond , Pottery Barn, Restoration Hardware ,and if you want to take a nice drive to Charlotte then I would sugggest IKEA. For Art Work I would check out Home Goods.

Old 02-15-2010, 05:29 AM

8,269 posts, read 25,100,833 times
I always start out at JC Penney. Go to one of the bigger ones, not the one at the Cary mall which is a limited selection.

Old 02-15-2010, 06:01 AM

1,467 posts, read 5,128,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKD View Post
I would check out JC Penneys, Bed Bath & Beyond , Pottery Barn, Restoration Hardware ,and if you want to take a nice drive to Charlotte then I would sugggest IKEA. For Art Work I would check out Home Goods.

Having a dislike for blinds, I've always had to curtain shop when moving into a new home. I second all of the suggestions above.

Old 02-15-2010, 07:48 AM

835 posts, read 3,977,494 times
If you are looking for something custom made there is (or was) a shop in Greystone Village at the corner of Leadmine and Sawmill that we went to a couple of years ago when we moved. You pick material(can get anywhere) and style, give them dimensions and they will make them. Like I said its been acouple of years so not sure if they're still there.

Old 02-15-2010, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2jules View Post
If you are looking for something custom made there is (or was) a shop in Greystone Village at the corner of Leadmine and Sawmill that we went to a couple of years ago when we moved. You pick material(can get anywhere) and style, give them dimensions and they will make them. Like I said its been acouple of years so not sure if they're still there.
I would like something ready-made. I think I will do some shopping in Durham Wednesday and then have dinner. It will be a nice way to spend the evening. Thanks for the suggestions.

Old 02-16-2010, 12:02 AM
vq1

134 posts, read 682,909 times
Default Since you are going to be in Durham

Try Walker's Draperies and Interiors at 2503 Broad Street, tel: 919/220-1424.

They are two blocks north of the Northpoint Costco/PetSmart/Home Depot/Kroger Broad Street entrance on the west side of Broad Street. Have been there for many years.

Here is their web-site: Walker's homepage

Old 02-16-2010, 06:38 AM

4,596 posts, read 11,446,142 times
There was a group that made all sorts of things for the home -- seat cushions, and some upholstery work, in addition to curtains and Roman shades, valances and swags, and they were located in The Mill Outlet Village store, way out on Capital Boulevard (headed towards Wake Forest). They did beautiful work, but I think they have since moved.

There is also a group on the State Fairgrounds that makes window treatments. They're located inside one of the buildings.

Old 02-16-2010, 07:14 AM

476 posts, read 1,676,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDSLOTS View Post
There was a group that made all sorts of things for the home -- seat cushions, and some upholstery work, in addition to curtains and Roman shades, valances and swags, and they were located in The Mill Outlet Village store, way out on Capital Boulevard (headed towards Wake Forest). They did beautiful work, but I think they have since moved.

There is also a group on the State Fairgrounds that makes window treatments. They're located inside one of the buildings.

I was at Mill Fabric Outlet (North of 540 on Capital - West side of the road just across from the car dealership) yesterday and the custom drapery folks are still there.

The GREAT thing about that store is their ENORMOUS selection of fabrics and their fabric yardage prices are really reasonable compared to other designer stores. You don't have 20 or 30 to choose from like you may at Penneys, there are literally a thousand fabrics.

That is also my biggest problem when I get there.... I think I know what I want until I walk in and WOW... like a kid in a candy store! So many choices (I'm like that at Furnitureland South too).

Personally, I would call first so you can be sure a drapery designer can be there to help you. I would take some photos of my room and any other fabrics that are in the same space with me.

Web link is: Mill Outlet Village, Full Line of Fabrics, Foam and More. Raleigh, North Carolina.

Phone is:919-876-0292

Old 02-18-2010, 06:11 PM

JC Penney ended up being the place. I tried going to a curtain shop in the Roses plaza in Durham, but it is gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary