Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2010, 05:45 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,035,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidodido25 View Post
If one lives in a triangle community with HOA, does one need permission to build a pool in their own backyard? Does this type of request usually gets approved?
I noticed you had also asked about trying to find a home, so if you are looking for a home and you want to put in a pool, it is something you can put in your offer. I have had clients put things in their offer regarding HOA approval, like a pool. Basically, part of their offer was being able to get approval for a pool. In doing this though, you need to have a plan for the pool, drawn up, with specifics, etc.

Just a thought.

Leigh
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 10:31 AM

2,905 posts, read 5,923,224 times
My insurance isn't changing with the addition of a pool - it would if I had a slide or diving board, but we have neither. Just FYI.

Old 05-05-2010, 01:06 PM

231 posts, read 495,246 times
Our HOA requires that the neighbors on each side of the proposed pool are OK with it and sign a release to that effect.

Old 05-06-2010, 03:51 PM

9 posts, read 22,980 times
We had a pool installed in our home in the Lochmere subdivision, it is an inground and that was in 2000. Even though Lochmere has its own swimming pools, 2 one in the Highlands area and one off Lochmere dr. Our home in NY had a swimming pool and our kids spent the entire summer in the pool. So having one in our backyard here was a must. And our homeowners isurance did not skyrocket.

Old 05-06-2010, 05:00 PM

67 posts, read 151,525 times
IMO, find somewhere without a HOA. Hate the dang things, almost as bad as renting. You bought the property but you can't paint your house blue because your neighbors house is blue and we don't want everyone having a blue house. /rant

As for the pool, i would look for a place where others have them, will be harder for that HOA to say no if yours is within the guidelines of the overall development plan. I would also definately have a clause in your offer for pool approval if that is a deal breaker for you. Don't want to make an offer and have the HOA say no if you really want a pool.

Before going into any deal, make sure you have a look at the bylaws and such and get a third party to explain anything you don't understand. My cousin got fined because his lawn got hit by some type of bug and killed off alot of it. He didn't have the money to get it fixed right away and the HOA got involved. Had to take out a loan just to fix his yard so the fine would stop.

Not all are like this but some are so talk with the other nieghbors as well. Will give you good insight on if anyone else has tried to get a pool installed and turned down for one reason or another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary