Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2014, 11:38 AM

216 posts, read 259,816 times

Advertisements

This is something I've heard good things about, but still have yet to speak with someone who has actually done it. However, after my terrible experience with Zillow I'm hesitant to do something similar. Any feedback?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2014, 11:42 AM

3,803 posts, read 9,334,560 times
Facebook is a fantastic platform if you don't brand it too much. Give it a generic name, put up great info, and don't pounce too fast.

Old 04-04-2014, 01:43 PM

480 posts, read 1,185,554 times
Like most things, moderation is important.

Have a lady friend RE agent who uses Facebook. She starting updating her profile photo a couple of times a day so that it would show up as a notification to your cellphone or computer (depending upon your account settings).

After a couple of weeks of that, I told her it was just too much. Maybe once a week or so, but not twice or more each day.

Sending too many notifications like that is just spamming and a good way to get un-friended.

Again, all things in moderation.

Old 04-04-2014, 02:52 PM

30,342 posts, read 23,812,713 times
Actually, you DO want to brand it. You want to pinpoint your demographic that you're trying to get business from.

If you sell hearing aids, for example, you don't want your ad going out to a bunch of young kids who have no issues with their hearing, you're just wasting your advertising dollars.

Use Google (I hate that I've said that, but in this case, Google is a good thing), to pinpoint your demographics for the product that you have. When you create your ad through FB, you will be given the option to choose the demographics, (based on your research), so that the ad reaches them, more often, instead of random people who have no interest in what you have.

You will be able to reach the area you want, (ie: country)
The age you want.
The gender you want, (if necessary)
etc.

If you go too broad, you will be spending money for your ad to show on sites that have zero interest in what you're selling.

The ad itself needs to be simple. If you're selling dog collars, then your ad should be a photo of a dog...NOT a collar. More people will click on an image of a dog than a collar. You will need to come up with a very short statement to go with your ad. VERY short statement. You will need to find an image and statement that will entice people to click on that ad. It needs to stand out, and get their attention. A single image is best as the ad is small; you want people to be able to see what is in the image, clearly. You should say something like, "Click Like If You..." whatever. You want a call to action.

Make sure your page has images that match your product. Engage the people who come to the site. You need to be on there every day, either putting up a post, or responding. More images, more people. That's a long learned lesson...if you put up an image, daily, people will come back...as long as it's a good image.

Don't spend a lot of money at once. Put up one ad to start. Choose the demographics. Let the ad run, and monitor it from your admin area. See how well the ad is doing, see how many people are stopping by. Are they stopping by but not saying anything? Then work on the page and make sure it keeps their attention.

If the ad isn't working, get a new image for the ad. I guarantee you, that little ad image is 80% of the battle. The rest of it is the content on your page. You get those people to come over, you provide them good content, they will tell their friends. (Free advertising)

Once you have had a successful campaign, try your secondary demographics, and make a new ad for your major demographics. You will see the traffic rise if you do it right.

Yes, I've done it. I did it for a year (meaning advertising, I don't have to now. I get it free from the people who are already there telling everyone else they know. And sometimes, I put up a post that goes viral...bam, more free advertising). It was highly successful. I'm not "working for the man" anymore, because I don't have to now.

(This is why I laugh at those who mock Facebook...okay. Meanwhile, I'm finally able to work for myself thanks to them.)

Also, keep in mind, you can't sell jacksquat on FB without getting in to trouble. Once you reach 10,000 LIKES, Facebook WILL take notice of you, and they will monitor your page. Don't try to sell a thing on Facebook. You need a website, and you need your posts to direct people to your website. If you try to sell your product on Facebook, you will lose your account.

Last edited by Three Wolves In Snow; 04-04-2014 at 03:03 PM..

Old 04-04-2014, 07:21 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,051,409 times
There are numerous articles where manufacturers and professional marketers have trouble marketing on facebook. They see jack squat in ROI.
So my money is on facebook being completely ineffective for real estate.
Common sense says you can't build a business on Likes and like farms wasting your Like allowance.
We're talking about big 6 figure purchases, not knick knacks.

However, if you do fakebook on your free time without spending anything on advertising, go for it.

Old 04-05-2014, 02:47 PM

30,342 posts, read 23,812,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh come on! View Post
There are numerous articles where manufacturers and professional marketers have trouble marketing on facebook. They see jack squat in ROI.
So my money is on facebook being completely ineffective for real estate.
Common sense says you can't build a business on Likes and like farms wasting your Like allowance.
We're talking about big 6 figure purchases, not knick knacks.

However, if you do fakebook on your free time without spending anything on advertising, go for it.
I'm not a professional marketer, and yet I've done quite well. And I'm not selling "knick knacks".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals