Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 09:59 PM

4,578 posts, read 5,662,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHgal123 View Post
An update & answer to some questions/statements.

We dropped the price another $10,000 just this Monday and so far nothing. We are now priced at $184,900 so in the scheme of things I am not sure how low priced that is. She had done CMAs but never took into consideration what was currently under contract (at the time of OLP & 4 weeks in) . . . She told us when we listed in August that the first 2 weeks of September should be the hottest time to sell. When we didn't sell or have many walkthroughs & we got concerned.
Well, around here, if a property is under contract, you STILL don't know what it sold for until it actually closes. Most agents hold that sales price close to the chest until closing -- because it is so very, very subject to change after due diligence, concessions, etc. So she couldn't have "taken them into consideration", because likely, she didn't KNOW.

Also, around here, September is pretty draggy. Every is back to school, summer is over. We'll get an uptick in October and November for people trying to close for tax purposes, relos, etc. -- but for the most part, September has always been pretty slow.

What I'm trying to figure out is if NOTHING in your neighborhood has closed over $180 -- why are you at $185? Is there a reason your house is worth more?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2014, 08:51 AM

79 posts, read 153,333 times
If you show us the listing; we can give you some free advice. I feel like we're not getting the full story. What's the Walkscore? What does www.floodsmart.gov say about the location? How much are the taxes? What would it rent for.

I've sold 8 homes over the years in three states and two continents. I used a realtor 5 of those times. The common refrain from the best ones was "you can fire me at any time, and vice-versa (just don't try to scam me on a commission)."

Some markets are almost always good; some are practically hopeless Third World Countries. The investors came out strong in 2012, and now they are gone. The first time buyers are in their grandmother's basement, likely years away from being sustainable; let alone buying real estate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals