Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 03:59 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,301,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Touche!

Realtors will say anything, regardless of the veracity.

Try it some time, you can get them to agree with just about anything.

I have yet to meet a realtor who had the solution to a house than didn't immediately sell other than "lower the price".

Obviously that is one solution, but with an industry full of thousands of bright minds, you would think someone would come up with other schemes to get things moving.

And finally, you need to stay ALL OVER your agent. They quickly lose interest when things don't "sail off the shelves" in the first few days. Stay in their face. Drive them nuts will calls and inquiries. Make sure they follow up. Demand feedback--and not just the usual BS they spew. Get specifics. Force them to make calls. Don't let them run the process or things will die on the vine "waiting for the buyer" to come wandering in.

For them it is a numbers game: get more listings, get more sales. You don't care about numbers; you care about getting your house sold. No-one is going to be a greater champion for your effort than you!

Smooth saleing!
Truth!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2015, 05:04 PM

43,292 posts, read 77,115,925 times
LOL
The "Feedback is better than an offer" superstition bus has arrived!

Old 01-15-2015, 06:47 PM

687 posts, read 915,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colormered View Post
to which she replied if a house is priced right it will [sell].
Actually, one of the better things I've ever heard a realtor say. She's spot on. There really isn't a lot of intrinsic demand out there and you are likely pricing your house too high.

Lots of people are in the same boat as you (as long as the name of that boat is "I think my house is worth way more than it's actually worth")

Last edited by mapmd; 01-15-2015 at 06:55 PM..

Old 01-16-2015, 01:40 PM

104 posts, read 144,544 times
Default what I have learned from this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
LOL
The "Feedback is better than an offer" superstition bus has arrived!

It is just better to be a fuzz ball. Do it yourself. Like mama always said if you want something done right do it yaself.

Old 01-16-2015, 01:46 PM

104 posts, read 144,544 times
Default He went through several I am sure

Bruce Willis should have fired his agent when his house finally sold for $16 mil (down from $22 mil) after sitting on the market for over a year, eh?

Rich folk don't play with their assets. They also expect a lot more like jumping when they say how high, be here in 5 minutes or you are fired. We will just take that out of your commission and you would all do it.

Old 01-16-2015, 05:30 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colormered View Post
Ok, I am listed in a not so hot market. Been on MLS for about 31 Days, have done a price reduction of 10,000 already. Just got a call requesting another reduction. I said to my agent that things just are not moving much right now, there is not many comps right now on recent sales to which she replied if a house is priced right it will sale. So, I get online and check out their other listings and I can see they have been on online such as Zillow days for sale a whole lot longer then me so I guess all their listings are over priced? lol This is the part of being listed with an agent I hate, they can see its not going to be a quick sale now so the honeymoon is over, Now I feel like I am having to WATCH MY SELF INTEREST with my realtor as much as any buyer. While chatting with my agent recently I tried to be positive in saying I feel optimistic that we will see more buyers now that the holiday season is over and that I was impressed we had as much traffic as we did during the Christmas season, and that maybe we'll get a contract in the near future to which they replied " I hope so". wow, I thought it was your job to keep me motivated? aren't you suppose to keep me confident in you? truefully I am stressed and worried as I need to move on. I cant even share that as I feel Id get taken advantage of if you knew I felt weak Id be asked to sell cheap or give away my place. Also I am a facts person so if I am told something I will check it out. I am sure all your clients do. so hold the bull.

Hi
First thing you really need to understand is list price is worthless. Stop using that as your price standard, What you need to look at is sold price ( which to me makes no sense because once sold its off the market, therefore no longer competition for a buyer so that price should really not matter. But that's the market we deal with)
So the houses that are similar to yours have a sale price that is higher or lower than your price? You should be able to have her pull sold comps for similar properties.

Anyway. The person that sells the house IS the buyers agent. What I would do is tell her to offer more of the sale commission to the buyer agent. THAT is what will get your house moving or at least get more agents to possibly prod buyers, Tell her to start looking for a buyer herself and give her double end deal if it sells for your price. What gets people motivated most of all is a reward. Money always gets people motivated.

But what are the sales like in the past 3 months? Past 6 months? If it's dead you may be stuck. Your choice may only be lowering the price. Did she suggest the higher list price to get the listing? If so, you just got taken. Anytime someone promises you they can get you the highest price be careful. Unless they have a buyer in their pocket and they know for sure they got a sale they are full of poop. A listing agent can't get you the highest price.

Did you ask her what marketing plan does she have to attract buyers, list and advertise your house. How is she going to attract buyers and their agents and steer them to your house first rather than the guy down the street? Who suggested the sale price and why that price? What method was used to choose that price? Emotion or hard facts?

Last edited by Electrician4you; 01-16-2015 at 05:51 PM..

Old 01-16-2015, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenvalley View Post
It is just better to be a fuzz ball. Do it yourself. Like mama always said if you want something done right do it yaself.
And, there is the root of the issue.
We see people giving themselves "feedback" in lieu of listening to the real estate market.
Once the property is presented properly, the market never lies. People just need to listen to what it is telling them, whether they like it or not.

Old 01-16-2015, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Hi
First thing you really need to understand is list price is worthless. Stop using that as your price standard, ...
Words to live by.
"We cut the price $10,000" is also worthless, if the original price was $30,000 too high for the market.

Old 01-17-2015, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Touche!

Realtors will say anything, regardless of the veracity.

Try it some time, you can get them to agree with just about anything.

I have yet to meet a realtor who had the solution to a house than didn't immediately sell other than "lower the price".

Obviously that is one solution, but with an industry full of thousands of bright minds, you would think someone would come up with other schemes to get things moving.

And finally, you need to stay ALL OVER your agent. They quickly lose interest when things don't "sail off the shelves" in the first few days. Stay in their face. Drive them nuts will calls and inquiries. Make sure they follow up. Demand feedback--and not just the usual BS they spew. Get specifics. Force them to make calls. Don't let them run the process or things will die on the vine "waiting for the buyer" to come wandering in.

For them it is a numbers game: get more listings, get more sales. You don't care about numbers; you care about getting your house sold. No-one is going to be a greater champion for your effort than you!

Smooth saleing!
A little light cast on the poster's approach to integrity in real estate:

Quote:
I had to deal with the Radon issue when I sold a house.

A Relator came by and put the boxes in my basement. The numbers came back high.

So, off to the hardware store I go to get new test boxes.

"You didn't fall for that scam, did you"?

Well....actually I am trying to sell my house and it has to pass the test to make the buyers happy ( the house was in a part of the Sates where radon is known to exist just about everywhere).

"Here's your boxes. Go home, open every window in the basement, open the test boxes, and you will solve your problem".

Bingo. Good test results.

Radon mitigation? Open the window occasionally and let the air cycle out.

Don't know if radon is or is not an issue (never heard of anyone getting sick/dying from it) but dealing with it is pretty simple: ventilate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals