Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 08:56 PM

5 posts, read 12,281 times

Advertisements

Thank you for the input. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I've been doing this for about six years out of my house. I have never brought a client to my home. I have only done a limited number of transactions due to mainly doing appraisals. Looing into Re/Max or Keller Williams. Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2015, 09:00 PM

43,299 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsradcliffe View Post
Thank you for the input. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I've been doing this for about six years out of my house. I have never brought a client to my home. I have only done a limited number of transactions due to mainly doing appraisals. Looing into Re/Max or Keller Williams. Thoughts?
I worked from home for nearly two years under the KW flag without issue. Of course, that followed 5 years working 60/40, office/home, before just working from home.
Went to the office for meetings and to see people.

1. Generate business.
2. Serve your clientele.
3. Close business.

Location and venue are secondary to those fundamentals.

Old 03-13-2015, 09:03 PM

43,299 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
I know plenty of people who have a license to practice real estate agency and they still don't know the difference between a sales license and a broker's license.

Anyway, I feel my post addresses the feasibility question as well. Without receiving solid training and supervision when you first get into the business, you won't end up very successful at it.

I had a Broker in Charge tell me that if I was going to be detail-oriented regarding getting a properly completed offer before we went to contract, my firm needed to know there were other houses out there.

And, other horror stories regarding management characters abound.
Ergo, unless I see a gaping hole in a post like the OP made, I tend to give the benefit of the doubt.

As you can see from his latest replies, he is positioning himself to comply and learn.

Old 03-14-2015, 09:47 AM

11,828 posts, read 34,440,909 times
When you are a single broker, you also must combat what I call "isolation issues." Real estate is a contact sport. We need to understand that the industry changes, best practices, regulatory changes....

Most brokers do the same thing over and over again because it worked in the past.

I know brokers who don't text, don't check email nights & weekends, writes "as per MLS" for inclusions. They have had 20 years to adapt to the changes, and because it "used to" work, they have no idea how much the business has changed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals