Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 06:02 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,767,507 times

Advertisements

My RE agent is a really nice guy. I'm buying a home 140 miles from where I am now, so I just can't be there randomly. He told me that the appraisal may depend on some exterior paint missing and the paint underneath having to be painted over since it's a home built before 1978 there could be lead pain in some places. He said he may have to get together with the listing agent and touch up a few spots if needed. Wow that is really going above and beyond to me, plus he could always ask the seller to do it. It's not even a big commission. If I ever hit the lottery he's getting a nice gift.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2015, 06:12 AM

43,309 posts, read 77,142,685 times
Sounds like just another day.

Old 11-21-2015, 06:14 AM

5,662 posts, read 10,747,431 times
You don't have to win the lottery to thank him. Just refer everyone you know to him. He will be very appreciative.

Old 11-21-2015, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbronston View Post
You don't have to win the lottery to thank him. Just refer everyone you know to him. He will be very appreciative.
Yeah, I'm planning on doing that. I actually did try to send him a referral a few months ago from here for someone looking for land in the area I'm buying, she was paranoid that no one would help her in her price range, which was not low to me, anyway she tried to contact him, but I had given him the office number and he never got the message so she found someone else.

Old 11-21-2015, 07:11 AM

5,662 posts, read 10,747,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by so954 View Post
Yeah, I'm planning on doing that. I actually did try to send him a referral a few months ago from here for someone looking for land in the area I'm buying, she was paranoid that no one would help her in her price range, which was not low to me, anyway she tried to contact him, but I had given him the office number and he never got the message so she found someone else.
OUCH!
That's a big no-no for that office. Did you let him know? Anyway, you are doing the best thing. Just keep that up. I think we all do things to help sellers. Probably the toughest one for me was pruning back a bush that had turned into a tree with big spikes. It was beautiful when it bloomed but it was overtaking a front yard courtyard and the sellers were already in another state. It took hours and I ended up shredded! Talk about giving your blood and sweat! The worst part was that it was during the slowdown and they didn't want to lower their too high price. They took it off the market so it was all for nothing.

Old 11-21-2015, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbronston View Post
OUCH!
That's a big no-no for that office. Did you let him know? Anyway, you are doing the best thing. Just keep that up. I think we all do things to help sellers. Probably the toughest one for me was pruning back a bush that had turned into a tree with big spikes. It was beautiful when it bloomed but it was overtaking a front yard courtyard and the sellers were already in another state. It took hours and I ended up shredded! Talk about giving your blood and sweat! The worst part was that it was during the slowdown and they didn't want to lower their too high price. They took it off the market so it was all for nothing.
Yes, I let him know after I PMed the lady, she had it in her head that no one wanted to work with her price point, but it was only land and was about 70% of the price of the home I was buying. He was the one that told me his office never got back to him or he didn't get the message in time, I forget.

As far as going out of your way, wow, hindsight is 20/20 and you learn to maybe tell people things will be taken care of after an offer is in. No good deed goes unpunished.

Old 11-21-2015, 09:11 AM

8,575 posts, read 12,417,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by so954 View Post
R.E. Agents what's the craziest thing you've had to do to make a sale?
Donate all of my commission to the Buyer. It was tough to give up over $20k, and the full amount probably wasn't necessary, but I agreed to it and it helped.

I'll note that the Buyer was a non-profit charity, not an individual. I won't do that for just any Buyer.

Old 11-21-2015, 11:02 AM

2,636 posts, read 7,434,161 times
Had to go to vacant listings 4 times a day to run water to shock the well, help shove out a driveway for a walkthrough, among other things.

Old 11-23-2015, 01:31 PM

1,757 posts, read 5,139,486 times
I did a deal many years ago as a part timer that involved me working the majority of the deal during my F/T job at the time. This involved trying to draft paperwork in a hotel 2,000 miles away, realizing I did not have a rental car so I walked a couple miles down the main drag to Kinkos to scan and send the contract then negotiating terms with the seller's agent while moving a 30' bucket lift down an aircraft runway (runway was closed).

Other than that, no issues and the deal closed.

Had another one in my current occupation where the builder rep didn't know (or didn't want to tell me) how deep of a town home they were offering at a competing neighborhood. Finally got frustrated enough that I drove over to the model building with a tape measure to get the information.

Old 02-16-2016, 09:02 PM

32 posts, read 27,598 times
You should Thank to him and refer to your friends for hier for real estate investment.They will give better advice to your friends as well. Good luck !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals