Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 07:26 PM

2,182 posts, read 1,627,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
good luck Nick. For me, I was good at the math part, so I went to that first, knowing that gave me an advantage over everyone else.
For me the math part was a multiple shot in the dark kind of thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2018, 08:40 PM

4,578 posts, read 5,661,006 times
When I walked into the testing site, I had taken a class online, and taken a weekend crash prep course with a prep test required before you could take the state exam.

While we were waiting to be let into the computer room, one guy broke the ice of about 15 nervous test takers. "How many are taking this for the fourth time?" 3 people raised their hands!? 20% of the test takers? A couple of others had taken it twice before (including the guy who asked), and one person had taken it once before. The rest of us were newbies. Sheesh! The guy rolled his eyes at us and said, "Well, you might as well schedule your next test while you're here!" If that was an attempt at a psych-out, it was a pretty poor one, except one newbie looked scared to death.

They gave us four hours for the test. The guy who broke the ice left after about 75 minutes, rolling his eye, and got a pink "fail" slip as he left (you get a green one if you pass -- and yeah, I was watching to see what he got!) One other girl left about 15 minutes later, obviously fed up, another pink slip. And then I was finished about 10 minutes later. I felt pretty good about it, but you hate to be the first one finished, y'know?

So I obsessed over it a few minutes longer, and then thought "WTH -- let's see what it looks like" and closed up. Went to the desk and showed my ID. She glanced at the screen, smiled, and handed me a green slip. It just says "pass", with no score. I quietly asked her if I could see the score. She glanced around, and said, "Sorry, no", but then grinned, bent to get something from under the desk for a second . . . and I got a quick look at the score. Still wonder which question out of 150 that I missed :-)

Old 02-14-2018, 10:35 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,302,067 times
30 minutes. But I was previously licensed in WA state so it was really easy.

I'm also that guy who is first to finish a multiple choice exam. I had to burn two hours when I took the brokers exam because I thought it was just a morning session.

Seriously, for the OP. If you're good at multiple choice exams, you could probably take the test tomorrow.

If not, this is no worse than any high school, or college exam. Study to the level you have confidence in.

Old 02-15-2018, 01:15 PM

2,182 posts, read 1,627,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblackga View Post
When I walked into the testing site, I had taken a class online, and taken a weekend crash prep course with a prep test required before you could take the state exam.

While we were waiting to be let into the computer room, one guy broke the ice of about 15 nervous test takers. "How many are taking this for the fourth time?" 3 people raised their hands!? 20% of the test takers? A couple of others had taken it twice before (including the guy who asked), and one person had taken it once before. The rest of us were newbies. Sheesh! The guy rolled his eyes at us and said, "Well, you might as well schedule your next test while you're here!" If that was an attempt at a psych-out, it was a pretty poor one, except one newbie looked scared to death.

They gave us four hours for the test. The guy who broke the ice left after about 75 minutes, rolling his eye, and got a pink "fail" slip as he left (you get a green one if you pass -- and yeah, I was watching to see what he got!) One other girl left about 15 minutes later, obviously fed up, another pink slip. And then I was finished about 10 minutes later. I felt pretty good about it, but you hate to be the first one finished, y'know?

So I obsessed over it a few minutes longer, and then thought "WTH -- let's see what it looks like" and closed up. Went to the desk and showed my ID. She glanced at the screen, smiled, and handed me a green slip. It just says "pass", with no score. I quietly asked her if I could see the score. She glanced around, and said, "Sorry, no", but then grinned, bent to get something from under the desk for a second . . . and I got a quick look at the score. Still wonder which question out of 150 that I missed :-)
I don't know about every where else, but in the two states I've done this and passed both times, you have to pay every time you take it, so these people you are talking about may have been well into it over a thousand bucks. Another good reason to study it until you know it no matter how long it takes you.

I have another opinion about this that may not be popular to some. I think you shouldn't be allowed to take the test as many times as you want. Aren't there enough of us, and a great many who don't know what the hell they are doing? They have to be these multiple guess people that finally guessed the answers right. If you are taking it over and over I think maybe it isn't a job that interests you enough to learn it.

Old 02-15-2018, 01:41 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,443,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post
I don't know about every where else, but in the two states I've done this and passed both times, you have to pay every time you take it, so these people you are talking about may have been well into it over a thousand bucks. Another good reason to study it until you know it no matter how long it takes you.

I have another opinion about this that may not be popular to some. I think you shouldn't be allowed to take the test as many times as you want. Aren't there enough of us, and a great many who don't know what the hell they are doing? They have to be these multiple guess people that finally guessed the answers right. If you are taking it over and over I think maybe it isn't a job that interests you enough to learn it.
It looks like you have to pay $60 in CA to retake

Could still add up though.

Old 02-15-2018, 01:43 PM

Anybody know if the test is usually pencil and paper or electronic?

Seems weird there are two options .

I don't believe it mentioned anything when I signed up
--
If you took a pencil and paper examination, examination results and/or related correspondence will be mailed to you, normally within five business days after your examination. You can also check your examination results through the eLicensing online system, or through the Interactive Voice Response system by calling toll free at 1-877-373-4542. Please wait at least five business days after you have completed your examination before calling.
If you took an electronic examination, your results were provided to you upon completion of the exam. Additional correspondence may be mailed to you, normally within five business days after your examination.

Old 02-15-2018, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post

Here in Georgia, it's $115.00 a try.

I tend to agree with you -- if you can't figure it out after two tries, might be time to find another line of business.

Old 02-15-2018, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Anybody know if the test is usually pencil and paper or electronic?
In Georgia, it's electronic -- the question comes up on the screen, and you push A, B, C, D or E. I didn't notice anyone taking a paper-and-pencil test.

Old 02-17-2018, 08:55 PM

777 posts, read 2,379,255 times
I studied 15 minutes in my car outside the testing facility and passed. There was a woman there who was on attempt #8 to pass the test.

Old 02-18-2018, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin1975 View Post
I studied 15 minutes in my car outside the testing facility and passed. There was a woman there who was on attempt #8 to pass the test.
Nice . Did you have previous real estate experience before taking the exam ?

Wow 8 attempts . I wonder what the record is . I guess at least she was persistent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals