Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 09:47 PM

208 posts, read 872,701 times

Advertisements

Keep finding property I want is sold but still on mls/internet.Contract pending rarely seen.Don't plan to do business with agents that can't be bothered to put lot size or sq footage of house on mls,seems sloppy.Finding out that several companies drag their feet putting property into mls-isn't that a disservice to client? The last agent I dealt with was when I bought this house-agent made FACES over counteroffer we made,she was surprised offer quickly accepted.Lets see,this house was on market twice over 2 years with super nasty renter who wouldn't leave during showings,we didn't want to do any inspections and we paid in cash with steep daily penalty if renter not out at closing date seller set.Renter had 2 100 lb dogs,smoked,cursed,attempted to intimadate us and then tried to tell us all things wrong with house.Agent still pissed me off making very overt faces over offer that seller accepted very quickly.We had to insist agent show it to us after I found it online.Seller owned multiple properties so they didn't refuse this listing but I know the renter scared the agent.Sorry to vent but everything I wanted today was sold,not one agent asked if I wanted to do a backup offer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2008, 04:14 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Property continues to reamin in the MLS and on realtor.com, till closing. Most listing agents are delighted to work with you to find something else or hold you in reserve in case a back-up offer is needed.

I too dislike it when square footage and lot size in not included in a listing.

Old 03-27-2008, 04:22 PM

15,583 posts, read 40,455,430 times
They are required fields in our MLS. I don't like listings that only have the required fields. It is just the basics.

Yes homes do stay on the MLS until officially closed. Ours shows the status even on the public site.

Old 03-27-2008, 04:23 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,423,966 times
In fact, it would be a violation to remove a home from the MLS before it's sold, just because it's under contract. Unless, of course, the seller instructed you to in writing.

Old 03-27-2008, 05:05 PM

2,249 posts, read 8,899,840 times
Our MLS does not feed pending properties to Realtor.com. I don't know about any other mls' but ours doesn't. I don't think it even feeds ones that are marked contingent..just the active ones.
Edit: I just checked. Even the contingent ones are not fed to realtor.com

Old 03-27-2008, 05:46 PM

1,973 posts, read 5,227,007 times
I think the OP is confused about the MLS that dues-paying REALTORs have access to and the "public" MLS sites. My MLS removes all properties that are pending, expired or withdrawn from it's feed to the public websites including REALTOR dot com. That information is not deleted from the MLS that dues-paying REALTORs use each day, they are never deleted.

Old 03-27-2008, 08:28 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,276,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocoldiron View Post
Keep finding property I want is sold but still on mls/internet.Contract pending rarely seen.Don't plan to do business with agents that can't be bothered to put lot size or sq footage of house on mls,seems sloppy.
Putting square footage of property (and lot size) is generally optional in most MLS.

Our MLS (ARMLS) - we don't put specific sq footage (usually) but, we list in ranges (1000 - 1200) with a buyer verifying the footage at contract.

Old 03-27-2008, 10:37 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmcoasting View Post
Our MLS does not feed pending properties to Realtor.com. I don't know about any other mls' but ours doesn't. I don't think it even feeds ones that are marked contingent..just the active ones.
Edit: I just checked. Even the contingent ones are not fed to realtor.com
In Illinois, they remain on realtor.com till closed, just like the sign in the front yard..

Old 03-28-2008, 09:32 AM

15,583 posts, read 40,455,430 times
In Oregon only our active (active, bumpable, and contingent) homes go on Realtor.com, but our pendings do show up on the local MLS site. I know more and more agents are not putting "sale pending" signs up in order to keep the marketing going.

Old 03-28-2008, 09:56 AM

1,408 posts, read 8,024,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
In Illinois, they remain on realtor.com till closed, just like the sign in the front yard..
that's a realtor.com function not controlled by agents. i know you know this middle aged mom just posting so others are aware. public mls sites are not controlled by realtors (to the OP) either so realtors cannot "pull the listings" when they go under agreement. the only site realtors have complete control over is the realtor paid local mls for each city/county/state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals