Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2022, 02:02 PM

48,530 posts, read 34,851,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post
Located in South Florida - market is still hot here - no inventory but I've got a couple of agents complaining that they are slow all of a sudden.
Don't you have access to the actual numbers then?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2022, 04:15 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,243,693 times
Smile No numbers

I'm just a mortgage broker; not a realtor.

I don't have membership in the MLS.

Old 03-30-2022, 04:57 PM

15,578 posts, read 40,434,848 times
Quote:
Located in South Florida - market is still hot here - no inventory but I've got a couple of agents complaining that they are slow all of a sudden.
Well in my area the number of agents is 2.5 times the number of agents during the recession with about the same number of transactions occurring. It might be the same way in your area. People hear hot market, get their license, and then sell nothing. I know some experienced agents whose transactions are down due to the insane number of agents out there competing for business.

Old 03-30-2022, 05:38 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
Well in my area the number of agents is 2.5 times the number of agents during the recession with about the same number of transactions occurring. It might be the same way in your area. People hear hot market, get their license, and then sell nothing. I know some experienced agents whose transactions are down due to the insane number of agents out there competing for business.
And you can have 15 buyers you are working with but if very little is hitting the market than no sales or no listings. I usually keep 5-10 listings but not now. My Sellers are sitting tight. Can't move up, can't move down.

Old 03-30-2022, 06:00 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,985,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Very very few reporters are qualified to write about market dynamics, for sure.
I see astoundingly bad reporting routinely.
I quit even reading those because they were so bad. It was just a waste of time and energy.

Old 03-31-2022, 06:48 AM

8,545 posts, read 14,025,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Very very few reporters are qualified to write about market dynamics, for sure.
I see astoundingly bad reporting routinely.
Real estate reporters are HORRIBLE. I still remember an article that ran on Boston.com during the great recession. The headline was something like "Foreclosures in Weston increase 50%!!!" What have to understand about Weston, MA is that it's one of the wealthiest towns in the entire country. The a lot of people that live in town have absolutely astounding amounts of money. David Ortiz lived there during most of his time in Boston. Bill Belichick lived there until he got divorced. The town is littered with CEOs of major corporations. Anyway, bottom line is the number of foreclosures in town went from 2 to 3 or something like that if you actually look at the numbers.

Quote:
There are a lot of agents out there as others have said and there's more people getting licensed every day. It's making it harder and harder every day to get clients. Also as already stated, if you're working mostly with buyers then you're dealing with a seriously extended timeline from client acquisition to getting to the closing table.

Quote:
I'm just a mortgage broker; not a realtor.

I don't have membership in the MLS.
Still as a mortgage broker, a part of the transaction lifecycle you know what kind of traffic is flowing across your desk. I have to imagine you're regularly shmoozing both existing and potential new referral clients. So, even if you don't have access directly to data I can't imagine you're not getting it at least anecdotally or second hand. There will always be a few agents who claim "things are slow." Often, that has more to do with the agent than the market.

Old 03-31-2022, 02:16 PM

6,319 posts, read 10,345,692 times
Had a friend have an offer accepted last week that was contingent on their sale (and the house apparently had no offers in 3 weeks - it may have been a tad overpriced but didn't seem too bad). Feel like that was unheard of a few months ago.

Old 03-31-2022, 04:38 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,456,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
Had a friend have an offer accepted last week that was contingent on their sale (and the house apparently had no offers in 3 weeks - it may have been a tad overpriced but didn't seem too bad). Feel like that was unheard of a few months ago.
What market? What price range?

Old 04-01-2022, 09:50 AM

6,319 posts, read 10,345,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
What market? What price range?
suburbs of Charlotte NC. ~$600k. Slightly on the higher end of the market but not crazy so and still different than what I had been seeing in the same market/price point recently.

Old 04-02-2022, 08:58 AM

6,379 posts, read 5,495,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
suburbs of Charlotte NC. ~$600k. Slightly on the higher end of the market but not crazy so and still different than what I had been seeing in the same market/price point recently.
Was the house owned by Opendoor?

Here in the Triangle; that's a significant chunk of the very few homes that are sitting on the market....those owned by Opendoor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals