Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 10:58 AM

2,364 posts, read 4,870,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang View Post
I hope you don't have to double-check all of her work this closely
Geez..........I hope not, too!

I'm wondering at this point in time if it would be easier to just take the whole listing down, MLS and everything, and just start over. Maybe actually get another agent in the company to help them? They have a LOT of different offices and surely ONE person in ONE of them should be able to do this right! Obviously there is some huge problem in realtor.com, or maybe the way she did it. But I am truly at my wit's end with it. I'm sure THEY are getting sick and tired of me calling them and complaining as well!

It is still showing our bedroom as the main pix. I am out of town and told hubby to call yesterday, but either he didn't or else it is screwed up again. But AGAIN, this is something that they should be checking on EVERy DAY! It's not as though we live in a large city and they have hundreds of listings. Plus they know for a fact that there is a problem here. I'm just absolutely totally thoroughly disgusted with it all. The market is bad enough without having all of this hassle as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2008, 11:36 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,598,364 times
rothbear, your broker/agent needs to pay for an enhanced listing on Realtor.com. This gives him/her control over the public remarks, permits additional photos, re-ordering and adding remarks to the photos. And by us having to tell you this, gives me pause.

As others have said, by default Realtor.com imports data from all the participating MLS's and the amount of data imported is limited. The local MLS has little to no control after it's imported to Realtor.com.

Old 07-06-2008, 10:10 PM

1,320 posts, read 4,273,868 times
If rothbear's listing on realtor.com has 25 photos, that means that his/her agent does have the showcase enhancement and has uploaded the pics directly into the realtor.com interface.

The realtor.com interface does, indeed, allow you to reorder your pics, but it's time consuming and there can be glitches and lag time that makes it a little confusing.

rothbear, since all this started have you actually seen the listing corrected? You say that your agent has told you that the listing was fixed and then you went in and it was wrong again, but have you seen it fixed yourself?

As I said, there's some lag time between reshuffling pics and everything settling down and showing up properly. If either your agent (or his/her assistant -- whoever is making the changes) doesn't know what their doing, it's possible they just keep messing it up differently.

They can always start over -- just delete all the current pics and start again. It's time consuming, but it's better than being constantly messed up.

In any event, your agent is doing you a disservice by not handling this. That's her job. Tell her that it's unacceptable and she needs to correct it and make sure it stays corrected.

Good luck.

Old 07-07-2008, 12:47 AM

153 posts, read 312,449 times
For most agents technology is still an adventure into the unknown. As you can probably tell, the agents on this site are tech pros.

Realtor.com is available to all agents that are members of Realtors. The initial feed for the listing on Realtor.com is through the local MLS, but once it has been uploaded any agent with a premimum service can alter the information, including the pictures. If your agent said they made the change and it reverted back, then they didn't make the changes correctly. It would require gremlins to switch it back and our dues don't cover them.

Having been a tech trainer for an agency, my guess is that your agent doesn't really understand some of the technology she is working with and needs to hire someone to assist her. Some of us are just not cut out to be techies. I wish I could explain to more buyers and sellers out there that just because you see a spiffy website, doesn't mean the agent knows anything about computers, PDAs, text messages, or fax to email systems.

As the others have said on here, getting the information correct on Realtor.com is the responsibility of your agent. If she can't figure it out, she needs to get someone who can.

Old 07-07-2008, 05:09 PM

10,963 posts, read 21,976,886 times
Our Realtor.com feeds directly off MLS so if it's an error on Realtor.com the error is probably on MLS. Now I say probably because I've had 1 or 2 where Realtor.com was really screwy and didn't post any of the 25 pics I put up before or what not. However, it was a one time mistake that was corrected within the first week of the list period. If it's an ongoing problem then the agent may not understand technology.

Old 07-08-2008, 03:02 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,870,813 times
Here's the update:

First......the company agency actually pays for the enhanced services on realtor.com, so yes they have those.

Second....Yes, I have seen it corrected with my own eyes and then several hours later it reverts back to being incorrect. Although she claims that it was tech support that corrected it and not her, so therefore she wasn't doing anything wrong.

I made a visit today and was told that there was some kind of glitch in the system and it had been fixed as of 2pm yesterday (7/7). I had been out of town and hadn't had time to check things out yet. I was also told by her (and another agent for the company) that there had been a change in the software in their own agency site between them and realtor.com that would make it easier to change things. Of course I spent 20 minutes talking to them with them insisting that THEY did nothing wrong and the glitch was appearing on other agency company's listing as well. Don't know, don't care about that. But supposedly she finally did contact the top IT person in her company and got them involved in getting this fixed. And supposedly the pix on realtor.com were the same as on their company site.

I got home..........Checked realtor.com and yes the house front was the correct picture, but several important pix were missing and some of the bad pix that supposedly were removed were still on there. At least one thing was good. Decided to check their company site to see what pix were up there. Discovered that the first 8 pictures on that site were horrible! They were all pixelated and unreadable (unlookable??? Is that even a word???). Plus the missing realtor.com pix were on there. So whomever said they were the same pix on both sites was talking through his hat! I decided to check out the MLS to make sure it hadn't been compromised, but it seems to be OK. That's been pretty much the constant correct thing throughout this.

Anyway, I called her and told her to take off certain pictures and make sure these others were put on. Plus told her about the bad pictures and strongly suggested that she take off ALL the pictures and start all over again because obviously something is still screwed up. Hopefully by tomorrow things will be fixed.

I'm also guessing that the message my husband left last Saturday was not pleasant because she offered to pull the whole thing so we could go with someone else. Unfortunately, by review from a totally unbiased RE agent from another state not involved with ANY companies in this area, this company is the best in the area. Doesn't say much for the wilds of Podunk, PA! So glad I am moving soon!! DH is staying here to take care of this end and I'm getting the heck out of Dodge!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals