Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 09:17 AM

79 posts, read 192,698 times

Advertisements

anyway, did not mean to get anyone upset so I will leave now so you can talk about me and feel better about yourselves. I hope that someone out there learned from my mistakes and be more carful in thier dealings. afterall this is a free market and one where we can help others avoid the issues that we ourselves had. like I said BA-BYE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2007, 11:23 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
As has been said before, the bad realtors as in all professions are not the norm. These realtors on here that are good have probably had their fair share of dealings w/ bad realtors and I'd be willing to bet have far worse horror stories they could tell about "bad" realtors. Every single transaction they do usually involves another realtor. I've seen it myself and I know my own mother has experienced bad realtors when working contracts. However the good realtor is not going to go around bad mouthing their own profession just like lawyers are not going to go around making bad lawyer jokes all the time. To expect them to do otherwise makes them no better than the bad one they are "gossiping" about.

Old 03-30-2007, 01:49 PM

a realtor that comes out and speaks against the unprofessionalisim out there gets kudos. sorry but are you saying that they should ignore what the bad guys are doing...

btw, imo most try to take advantage... its not a minority but a majority imo and as you can see. all it takes is saying something that they don't like and you get flamed by five that gain up on you... or report you and before you know it they close the thread. which is what they want... just look at what they did to brian.

Old 03-31-2007, 11:38 PM

114 posts, read 397,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieMale View Post
Hi trishinca

You have me blushing...lol so you love the aussie accent hey.

Ok maybe you could look into a property for me its in WI , ive had no luck with the listing office , ive emailed them a few times & no answer.

I wanted them to answer me so i could set a time to call them ,so that i could ask a few questions & if i liked the answers i would have sent my bro inlaw to check it out & then go to the next step from there. So much for tring not to waste my time or theres.There website looked ok on the net , they kinda appeared like pros , looks arent everything , so much for service anyway , there was none to speak about.

anyway life goes on so to speak

I want to start on finding investment properties work out what i need to do & get the ball rolling.

If you are interested in looking into this property for me leave me a msg & i need a starting point to work out what i need to know , as ive said before its good to be in the know & not going in blind.
If I could help you, I would. My license is for California only. My thought is you should wait until you get to the town you prefer in person, and seek out an agent at some of the offices, perhaps a more experienced agent (watch for the word Realtor, for higher ethical standards,), and look on a com****r for homes, drive to different neighborhoods to get an overview first, and follow your inner instincts. It must be very challenging to go to a different country and look for an investment. Good luck! Interesting that you would start in Wisconsin and Michigan....Maybe you might want to visit in the winter months first....I grew up in the Midwest, Iowa and Illinois. Brrrrrr! Three good months, nice spring and fall,,,,but those winters! I do miss the beauty and the charm of the area, however. Lots of older homes and estates, parks, lakes and more....Keep us posted on this site, I'll be rooting for you! and keep the accent, it's wonderful!

Old 03-31-2007, 11:58 PM

PS. the word with asterisks is com****rs. It's some kind of typo. As for the rest of this post.....it's getting petty. Everybody take a deep breath, and chill. Maybe it's time to move to another subject... We are all just trying to make a living. It pays what it pays...like doctors, architects, nurses, maids. Let's get off each other's backs and get professional. People are reading this and judging the profession. Just my opinion. I'm moving onto another thread.

Old 04-01-2007, 01:08 AM

188 posts, read 811,099 times
Hiya trishinca

My wife comes from that area , so we are heading back to where lots of family live i mean lots.
Im fine with all the cold temps n weather infact im looking forward to living in the snow as i havnt before , ive never been a big summer fan so it should work out well for me.

Old 04-01-2007, 02:22 PM

15 posts, read 39,448 times
Im confused. Why dont you just work with a Buyers Agent? Sellers Agent owe their fiduciary responsibility to seller. If you are working with a sellers agent and have signed a disclosure knowing what the sellers agents responsiblities are and you know they represent the seller, then ok. The buyers agent would give you information on anything they know regarding how long its been on the market, if any offers were placed on that property, what they know of why the property didnt sell, etc. They would tell you that if its been on awhile you have a good chance of negotiating well. And, anything you tell the sellers agent they must tell the seller unless they are a dual agent. Have I confused you yet? The only reason why I think this agent wants to be a sellers agent is either they are the listing agent, or they dont want to work that hard for you and they are limiting their liability. They dont work for you! Kate

Old 04-03-2007, 12:17 AM

Dear Gotcha, Now I understand your anger, and I don't blame you. I am livid just thinking about that real esate person doing that to anyone and getting by with it. How can she look herself in the mirror everyday. This is an abuse of her fiduciary duty to her client at the very least, and a betrayal that has embittered a person who put his trust in her. In this town, if it were discovered in time (just a few months to report bad agents), she would be called in for an arbitration review, judged by her peers, and at least, warned, fined, or possibly lose her license. I once mentioned how important it is to buy withing a sometimes closing window of opportunity. Guess what, she might have caused a hard-working person miss the opportunity to buy a home, all for her own gain. Thank goodness, there are at least a few places where this would not go unpunished. I'm very sorry for your experience. She is not worthy of being a Realtor, just a very selfish person with a license. Please don't carry this grudge anymore, she is not worth it. Best Wishes from an agent who does care about what happened to you.

Old 04-03-2007, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishinca View Post
Dear Gotcha, Now I understand your anger, and I don't blame you. I am livid just thinking about that real esate person doing that to anyone and getting by with it. How can she look herself in the mirror everyday. This is an abuse of her fiduciary duty to her client at the very least, and a betrayal that has embittered a person who put his trust in her. In this town, if it were discovered in time (just a few months to report bad agents), she would be called in for an arbitration review, judged by her peers, and at least, warned, fined, or possibly lose her license. I once mentioned how important it is to buy withing a sometimes closing window of opportunity. Guess what, she might have caused a hard-working person miss the opportunity to buy a home, all for her own gain. Thank goodness, there are at least a few places where this would not go unpunished. I'm very sorry for your experience. She is not worthy of being a Realtor, just a very selfish person with a license. Please don't carry this grudge anymore, she is not worth it. Best Wishes from an agent who does care about what happened to you.
Thank you very much. I really mean it. Unfortunatly it is not only one Realtor that caused me to feel this way but quite a few. It is nice to see someone who speakes out against the wrong that is out there. I do appreciate it. Its unfortunate though, because many Realtors on this site simply just ignore these wrong doing or try and blame us (the consumer) where the reality is that there are a few bad apples out there. I also admit that I have been very harsh at timesagainst realtors because of the way in which I was treated. So it is nice to know that someone out there who is a Realtor actually cares. What area do you work in? I hope I find a good realtor to work with such as yourself. I thank you.

Old 04-04-2007, 12:22 AM

Thank you for your personal reply. I knew there was a reason for your posts. My license is in California and that is all I can do. In fact, my real estate experience is limited in years, but I am older and wiser just from living in this world a long time. I work from a position of using common sense, and knowing how I want to be treated. Anyone can put together 'deals', but I try and see how it affects all parties, and do what they call 'win-win' transactions. I do see other agents who do the same, but unfortunately, it is not always easy to see a person's true colors until it's too late. Try older, more laid back, experienced agents, and talk to them about what you want; loyalty and honesty. I've been 'burned' by brokers, and just keep trying to figure a way to make an honest living. Not sure I'll prosper (it's so competitive-there are hundreds of agents in our area), but I will always try to do my best. Hang in there, and start by asking around to people who they have used and like. Reputations have a way of being shared, as you can attest. When you're not happy, everyone's going to know about it. I'd be surprised if that agent lasts very long. Maybe you can go to 3 offices, large and small, and ask specifically who might be the most honest, experienced, ethical Realtor (not just an agent, but a Realtor who signs up to be ethical), and see what happens. Talk to the person who steps forward or gets recommended, and follow your instincts. Good luck, and I'm sure you will succeed, whatever you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals