Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2010, 05:44 AM

1 posts, read 1,409 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]I would appreciate anyone’s advice on this issue. I am a first time home seller. During the first two weeks my house was on the market, my realtor went on her honeymoon for 7 days. When my realtor returned from vacation, I left her an email and voicemail. I was curious to find out if the number of showings I was getting was what she expected and to discuss why over half of showing were “no shows.” After waiting 48 hours and not getting a response, I called her managing broker of her company. I had explained that I hadn’t talked my agent in 10 days, partly in due to trying to be respectful to her honeymoon and trying to go through her nice, but not too helpful, assistant. (The managing broker said it wasn’t uncommon to go that long without communication, by the way. I respectfully disagree). Anyway, the managing broker promised to follow up with my realtor. My realtor called me back the same day. [/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]The issue is that I have to ask the same questions or make the same request multiple times (at least 3) before getting a response. She has told me am I not being a team player when I ask questions – like do I need to do a price change or what changes can I make to the house to improve the staging. When I explained that her comment upset me, she finally said she was ticked off (my words, not hers) that I went to her managing broker 2 weeks earlier.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Any advice for dealing with this would be appreciated. I don’t know if I should try to break the contract, call the managing broker again, or see if you all have better suggestions for me.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Thanks in advance![/SIZE][/FONT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 09:18 AM
QIS

919 posts, read 5,150,000 times
Selling a house is a major life episode. Your heart is telling you something and I think you should listen. This kind of thing happens; don't play the blame game. See what your contract stipulates for terminating the relationship between you and your agent and sever the relationship on the best terms you can.
If you want to work things out, then do so in a meeting at her office with her boss. Maybe you feel like you need to clear things up and start over.
Maybe you need someone with a different style.
Without having both sides of the story, that's all I can submit to you.

Old 06-16-2010, 10:13 AM

11,831 posts, read 34,448,030 times
I'd say you need a new agent. Did you feel comfortable talking with the managing broker? If so, call again and ask to be switched to another agent who would be more open to spending more time communicating with you.

If not, then you can call the managing broker and say the situation has not changed and you would like a full release. See what happens.

Old 06-16-2010, 10:26 AM

1,570 posts, read 5,988,864 times
I don't know that selling a house is a "major life episode" - I'd hope your life is far more full and rewarding than that! LOL However, the sale of the a house is a very improtant transaction - the marketing is VERY important. And more, you will be paying commissions and fees if there is a transaction. Your listing agent (a selling agent would be the buyer's agent) is your advocate. Thus, it's important to have a good relationship with your agent.
Understanding that we along hear one side of a story on CD - I's suggest you ask the managing broker to assign the listing to another agent. I don't know that it's worth the time to try to "repair" the relationship with your current agent. Emotions and relationships are fine .. but the name of the game is to get your house sold, ASAP!

Old 06-16-2010, 10:44 AM

28,453 posts, read 85,413,242 times
From a very practical stand point it is NEVER a good idea for the listing agent to head out of town right after getting a house listed -- assuming that the place is "move in ready" when listed and has been listed at the right price odds are high that it'll have the most showings in the first week...

Those showings have a high potential to generate questions / offers and an agent that is out of town had Berger lay down SOLID plans to get those field while they are out...

Old 06-16-2010, 01:57 PM

244 posts, read 747,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
From a very practical stand point it is NEVER a good idea for the listing agent to head out of town right after getting a house listed -- assuming that the place is "move in ready" when listed and has been listed at the right price odds are high that it'll have the most showings in the first week...

Those showings have a high potential to generate questions / offers and an agent that is out of town had Berger lay down SOLID plans to get those field while they are out...
I agree. If you are going to be unavailable for an extended period right after listing a property you should have another agent help you out. Either have them take the listing and get a referral fee or co-list it. Either is better than being completely unavailable. What would have happened if an offer did come in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate