Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 05:41 PM

472 posts, read 854,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
This is why I really want to have zero contact with a new owner. I don't want to listen to someone complain about the house.
Those who can sell FSBO, should try. Those who can't or don't have the knowledge or stomach for it, shouldn't. I figured taking the one pissy call was worth the $10k I saved on commissions for that house alone.

The last house we sold in 2008 (FSBO also) the new owners only called me once to let me know I had received a package and some other mail at the old house that didn't get forwarded in time, which I was very thankful for.

Of course, others mileage may vary....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 07:03 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,144,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcm2010 View Post
Those who can sell FSBO, should try. Those who can't or don't have the knowledge or stomach for it, shouldn't. I figured taking the one pissy call was worth the $10k I saved on commissions for that house alone.

The last house we sold in 2008 (FSBO also) the new owners only called me once to let me know I had received a package and some other mail at the old house that didn't get forwarded in time, which I was very thankful for.

Of course, others mileage may vary....
Just to be clear, I was talking about after the sale. It was an agent vs. FSBO comment.

Old 08-05-2010, 12:56 AM

475 posts, read 571,222 times
The guy who sold us this house told us to call him if we ever had any questions. I've had dozens but I'll be damned if I want to bother him with them.

Old 08-05-2010, 07:07 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,144,871 times
Quote:
Just to be clear, I was talking about after the sale. It was an agent vs. FSBO comment.
Meant to say it "wasn't" an agent vs. FSBO comment.

Old 08-05-2010, 04:24 PM

472 posts, read 854,958 times
Quote:
Meant to say it "wasn't" an agent vs. FSBO comment.
Yeah, yeah right... lol
I know, I think I may have mistook the context, sorry 'bout that

Old 08-05-2010, 06:08 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,481,027 times
I must admit that selling my first condo was pretty emotional for me. Tears did well in my eyes when I finished signing the papers at closing. When I purchased the place, I was 21 years old. It meant so much to me because it was my first "big girl" purchase, which I obtained through a lot of working and saving. Also, it was a handyman's special, that I turned into something really nice (thereby attracting as many buyers as I did). The apartment and I had a long storied history. But then I got married and needed to relocate, and I needed to let it go. When I sold the place, the new owners replaced a lot of things. It didn't affect me at all. Once I left the attorney's office, checks in hand, that was the separation.

As for the OP, you sold your home. In a down economy. Be glad that you were able to sell it, and move on.

Old 08-06-2010, 04:16 PM

732 posts, read 1,046,070 times
After looking at the picture, I have mixed feelings about the cabinets. I would have likely kept them and used them because I have tons of books and vidoes I would store there. However, I agree with others in that they seem mismatched with the room and fireplace. Definitely look more like they belong in a kitchen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate