Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2011, 09:21 AM

4 posts, read 11,784 times

Advertisements

Moderator cut: no names, libelous, read TOS about concumer complaints

I'd like to file complaints and have her license revoked. I have an overwhelming amount of evidence that she breached her duty as our agent.

This agent is a member of the San Mateo County Association of Realtors, California Association of Realtors and National Association of Realtors. Can I file complaints to all of these? Or is it better if I do this through the Department of Real Estate in California?

What's the most effective way to go about doing this?

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 10-30-2013 at 01:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 09:45 AM

6,957 posts, read 22,315,772 times
Since your earlier post seemed to make the point that you had a slam dunk case against the agent, why don't you go get a judgement first, then you can bring the results to whomever you want.

The DRE handles legal complaints, the Realtors Association handles ethical complaints. The state and national associations don't care / have no standing in your local complaint.

Plan B: Get over it.

Old 11-02-2011, 12:28 PM

15,578 posts, read 40,446,371 times
Her license probably won't get revoked. I would expect a reprimand with required training in confidentiality as a consequence if they view your complaint as valid. At least in my state, they rarely revoke licenses. Just to give you an idea of how bad your behavior has to be...an agent in my area had an affair with the sheriff and was going into vacant homes and having sex with him. Totally breaching the use of the key box and entering homes without consent. Got a one year suspension and is back working as an agent now. I'm thinking reprimand at best for your agent if your complaint is valid.

So real estate agencies give agents consequences related to licensure. REALTOR Boards can only revoke membership in the association. Go ahead and file the complaint, but if your goal is revocation of her license, I think you will be highly disappointed.

Old 11-02-2011, 01:05 PM

4 posts, read 11,784 times
Silverfall, 1 year license suspension sounds pretty good to me. I talked to her ex-clients and they also suffered greatly from her malpractice. She's gotten away with threatening and bullying her clients. Someone has to come in and put a stop to all of this.

I really appreciate your advice.

Old 11-02-2011, 02:37 PM

11,828 posts, read 34,444,869 times
Consumers Home Page

Old 10-28-2013, 07:36 PM

1 posts, read 2,635 times
Default Real Estate Agents are in a perfect position to scam

I would like to say first of all to the person wanting to see his real estate agent held accountable for his or her actions; this will take changes in legislation to make real estate agents more accountable for them taking advantage of clients. I have been fortunate to have two good real estate agents, but there are a lot of crooks out there as there is in every profession. My very first real estate agent lied. stole personal property, and forged my name on countless documents, committed fraud and yes all she got was a letter of reprimand. I reported her to the board and they said my case was weak because she had no other complaints; even though I provided two other victims in my report and had them file as well. This was 5 years ago; Currently there are 17 cases pending with the real estate board; her license has been temporarily suspended; the local military base has black listed her from doing business with soldiers, she has a F rating with the BBB in our local community and the local news did a story on her a few months ago to report her scam. This real estate agent evicted a soldiers when he was lying in bed unconscious even though his fellow soldiers step up to pay what he owed- she evicted him and sold all of his possessions. Maybe if the real estate board would have listened to me 5 years ago, other victims would have spared. This field definitely needs more monitoring as some agents have the perfect scam job and the scam is real sad and unfair to everyone, including veterans who have fought for their country who have been subject to this.

Old 10-30-2013, 10:56 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,729,269 times
You could have just walked away at the first or second sign of misrepresentation.

Old 02-28-2014, 01:52 AM

9,891 posts, read 11,771,138 times
OP You have given no example of what you say was a wrong action. Give a basic example of the agent's breach of duty, so someone can tell you how best to proceed.

Old 02-28-2014, 05:01 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
OP You have given no example of what you say was a wrong action. Give a basic example of the agent's breach of duty, so someone can tell you how best to proceed.
Her post was 3 years ago and not been back since. Must have figured it out.

Old 02-28-2014, 06:01 AM

5,662 posts, read 10,747,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Her post was 3 years ago and not been back since. Must have figured it out.
C-D should change the font color of thread titles that have been inactive for 3 months or longer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate