Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 11:08 AM

27,218 posts, read 46,791,599 times

Advertisements

Fourteen more people -- including two licensed real estate brokers -- have pleaded guilty in a scheme to fraudulently take control of nearly a dozen homeowners associations in the Las Vegas area, bringing the number of guilty pleas and convictions in the ongoing case to 26.

Real estate pros caught up in HOA takeover scheme | Inman News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2012, 04:46 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,688,360 times
^^^Wooohooo.... cannot rep you enough!

Greed... the smart ones would have learnt to look beyond it past one's own excuse for that laziness of home ownership to that freer better self reliant world of control... especially money-wise. Why willingly line other's pockets thinking it still is a good exchange???
If they made one cent from you... they are that one cent more powerful (that HOA) than you....

Might as well line own pockets with those pennies, purchase stocks with your own dreams to dream big.
If it happens, more power to you.
If not...
At least you are the only one that **** away that money... and not see someone else spend that money the way YOU don't want it spent (like buying the landscape work for others "in the program" but just not you; so what even if you paid... ???).

Been there... done that, never again!

P.S. Why "some" (not all OK) agents who says they represent you the homeowner / buyer really is "pro-profits" for only themselves!!!

***Are you "sold" yet????

*You* = "you and I" the general public that mental note to especially *self* as well.

Old 06-05-2012, 04:14 AM

27,218 posts, read 46,791,599 times
Just to let you know that I own a brokerage and property management company but I'm not part of the hypocrits that only wants to show the positive...

We took over this office to be part of the people who are trying as hard as we can to weed out the bad agents and there are still too many bad agents because they can't get a job else where and got their license....and than you have the group who believe they are soooo good they are untouchable and can do it all like the ones who are now caught in Vegas.

I believe what happened in Vegas is not staying in Vegas but happening way more and I wouldn't be surprised if it was happening in Florida and else where.

Old 06-05-2012, 04:15 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,663,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyeats View Post
^^^Wooohooo.... cannot rep you enough!

Greed... the smart ones would have learnt to look beyond it past one's own excuse for that laziness of home ownership to that freer better self reliant world of control... especially money-wise. Why willingly line other's pockets thinking it still is a good exchange???
If they made one cent from you... they are that one cent more powerful (that HOA) than you....

Might as well line own pockets with those pennies, purchase stocks with your own dreams to dream big.
If it happens, more power to you.
If not...
At least you are the only one that **** away that money... and not see someone else spend that money the way YOU don't want it spent (like buying the landscape work for others "in the program" but just not you; so what even if you paid... ???).

Been there... done that, never again!

P.S. Why "some" (not all OK) agents who says they represent you the homeowner / buyer really is "pro-profits" for only themselves!!!

***Are you "sold" yet????

*You* = "you and I" the general public that mental note to especially *self* as well.
What? Somewhere in that big babbling block of ####, I am sure there was something you were trying to get across.

Oh, by the way, there were 4 retired police officers involved so before you start branding an entire profession over the acts of a few you need to realize that every profession has it's bad apples.

Old 06-05-2012, 06:54 AM

1,490 posts, read 5,989,202 times
Don't forget the crooked law firm and contractors.

Old 06-05-2012, 09:05 AM

10,971 posts, read 22,004,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
What? Somewhere in that big babbling block of ####, I am sure there was something you were trying to get across.

Oh, by the way, there were 4 retired police officers involved so before you start branding an entire profession over the acts of a few you need to realize that every profession has it's bad apples.
And only 2 of the 26 were agents? So that leaves after the 4 police officers and at least 1 person from a construction company are removed there are 19 other potential professions out there that participated. Not sure why Huey wants to make this is all about agents. This about at least 26 criminals, 2 of which happened to be agents. Does Huey also care to broad brush them?

Old 06-05-2012, 09:29 AM

3,443 posts, read 4,462,870 times
..and what made it all possible - the involuntary membership corporation.

This isn't an isolated incident nor an example of what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. HOA/condo abuse by board members and vendors is rampant throughout the country and ubiquitous with the existence of the HOA corporation. The vendors even have their own trade-lobby group which lobbies to keep homeowners as soft targets and to maintain an environment where the embezzlement, fraud, and other lucrative (for the vendors) acts can operate largely unfettered.

Evan McKenzie, the author of Privatopia, is commenting and citing a series of articles about the scams in Vegas and elsewhere here: The Privatopia Papers

Old 06-05-2012, 09:43 AM

5,760 posts, read 11,555,949 times
My goodness, they went to a LOT of work to steal a little money (and fail).

Bank Robbery is much easier and more profitable -- not advocating that, just saying.

Don't need to worry about the titles involved, one thing is clear -- These are Energetic Idiots.

Old 06-05-2012, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post

Nooo... I am just trying to rep the OP.

I love this stuff (especially bad news... those taught lessons for public to learn from) don't you get it???
More the merrier... why, public should be kept in the dark per you?

BTW...
Good eggs should always be best served decorated & prettied up... think easter.
And bad eggs should always be broken up & fed to the compost pile to better the gardens.

Don't you think????
Have a problem with that?

Old 06-05-2012, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
And only 2 of the 26 were agents? So that leaves after the 4 police officers and at least 1 person from a construction company are removed there are 19 other potential professions out there that participated. Not sure why Huey wants to make this is all about agents. This about at least 26 criminals, 2 of which happened to be agents. Does Huey also care to broad brush them?
I love this... mirror shows the reflections like a wolf in disguises showing a peek of its tail.

Why??? Do "you" seek to defend them while I broad brush them for the sake of your profession / trade???

I understand and sympathize.
You love your job & it is only advantageous for you to.

P.S. Thus I love city data, google, zillow.... anything that helps me see more.
Don't close your eyes now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate