Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 02:54 PM

1,831 posts, read 4,438,732 times

Advertisements

I feel for you. I don't understand why some parents allow their troubled children to wreck a neighborhood. The child is not being helped, the parents are miserable and so are many if not all the neighbors. As a parent, I want to protect and save my children. And some parents get sucked into the dysfunction so deep, they don't have the time or energy to think about the total impact. But to put up with what he is doing, what kind of life is that for anyone?

I would keep calling the police, code enforcement or anyone else who can help. Good luck to you. I would be royally p.o.'d.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2013, 02:55 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,578,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkarch View Post
If he were the kind of guy that could keep to himself there wouldn't be a problem. Unfortunately he thinks he's the King of the World and has to exercise control over everyone around him in order to feel validated. For this guy, either you enable him, or you are subject to his wrath.
Sounds like you want to exercise control over your neighbor. I don't know what you expect leo or his father to do. He stares at you, so what? He yells, so what?
I'm not getting why this is your problem.

Old 08-09-2013, 03:11 PM

5,075 posts, read 11,089,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Sounds like you want to exercise control over your neighbor. I don't know what you expect leo or his father to do. He stares at you, so what? He yells, so what?
I'm not getting why this is your problem.
Only in so much as it affects my ability live peacefully.

Let me ask you this: if someone with a history of assaults, fighting and meth abuse indicated he was "coming to get you" would you or your loved ones find that threatening in any way?

Old 08-09-2013, 03:15 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,578,558 times
Quote:

Let me ask you this: if someone with a history of assaults, fighting and meth abuse indicated he was "coming to get you" would you or your loved ones find that threatening in any way?
If someone threatened me, and I thought them capable of acting on it, I'd call the police. If you have any evidence of his intent to harm you, then you can get a restraining order.
So this is about you being afraid for your life? What exactly did this person do, and what does the father say? I ask again, what do you expect the father to do for you?

Old 08-09-2013, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
If someone threatened me, and I thought them capable of acting on it, I'd call the police. If you have any evidence of his intent to harm you, then you can get a restraining order.
So this is about you being afraid for your life? What exactly did this person do, and what does the father say? I ask again, what do you expect the father to do for you?
Not true. Already tried that. I expect this person to continue abusing drugs until they've reached a state of psychosis and whomever happens to be around them at that point could be harmed.

Old 08-09-2013, 04:46 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,812,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
The truth of the matter is the kid will end up probably in an inpatient facility longer term, in jail or dead. These things just usually end in these ways. But, the time factor, who knows?
The kid is in his mid 40's. His parents are enablers unwilling to le go and let him fall, hard.
They, like many in this sort of situation, are quite capable of loving their adult child to an early grave.

Old 08-09-2013, 04:51 PM

Quote:

Have you considered a restraining order?

Old 08-09-2013, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Not true. Already tried that. I expect this person to continue abusing drugs until they've reached a state of psychosis and whomever happens to be around them at that point could be harmed.
It's still not clear if you are worried about what might happen or something he is actually doing. Regardless, seek counsel from an attorney.

Old 08-09-2013, 05:24 PM

10,134 posts, read 7,803,134 times
Wow, what a horrible situation. I'm sorry you're having to deal with this. What a nightmare.

Old 08-09-2013, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Have you considered a restraining order?
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
It's still not clear if you are worried about what might happen or something he is actually doing. Regardless, seek counsel from an attorney.
Yes, and it's borderline. What he's done is threatening, but it's more the combination of threatening behavior along with the very obvious deterioration in his mental state. The escalation, whatever that might be, is what we'd like to avoid. He's gone from 80% lucid/rational to under 10% in about 2 months. Even his staunchest enablers are starting to recognize he isn't well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate