Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 10:31 PM

51 posts, read 124,410 times

Advertisements

So even if it is still showing in those other places, I should be able to find another realtor who can sell it when I'm ready? Or will it looking like this other realtor still has it? It is out of the MLS now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2013, 10:43 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,544,925 times
Depending on the contract if you relist with another agent it may involve the old agent as far as commission payout but there is a time length clause. But it's pretty specific. I wouldn't worry too much by the time you're ready to sell next year this contract will be null and void.

Old 10-26-2013, 12:19 AM

4,577 posts, read 5,667,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetToothTessa View Post
I put my house up for sale. After a day with my house being listed, I've decided that this is not the time to sell. I called the realtor and explained this to her. She said OK, no problem. Here are my questions...

1. How long does it take for the listing to go down? My house is still showing as listed. I asked for it to be taken down we we talked at noon today. I'm worried that she isn't on the level and isn't taking the house down.

2. When I do decide to relist, does this look bad that the house has been for sale?

The house is in Ohio, by the way.
REALLY depends on the a) agent, b) broker's office and c) MLS and what the procedures are.

Agent would have to initiate the withdrawal. There's probably paperwork for you to sign to withdraw it. The broker's office may or may not have to have a hand in processing it, also. Then it gets sent to the MLS, which in this area requires a manual withdrawal -- we can list and make changes on-line, but the MLS has to physically manage the withdrawals for their records (long story, but that's the way it is.) It could take up to 48 hours, PLUS you have a weekend where probably nothing will be done at the broker's or at the MLS office.

What she CAN probably do to edit the listing is put in the private remarks section (a "messaging" area that only other agents can see) "no showings at this time; call agent for info." and remove your phone number from the contact information, if that's how it was arranged for appointments.

It's not as simple as pushing "delete" on the computer. If it's not down by Monday afternoon, then you can start making some pointed phone calls.

Does it look bad to relist it next spring? Not at all -- many people decide they don't want to deal with selling a home during the holidays, it's not unusual. It might raise a question, if you have a particularly eagle-eyed buyers agent, but as long as it wasn't due to a bad inspection, etc., no one will care.

Old 10-26-2013, 12:21 AM

Quote:
So even if it is still showing in those other places, I should be able to find another realtor who can sell it when I'm ready? Or will it looking like this other realtor still has it? It is out of the MLS now.
It's going to take a few days -- maybe as long as a week - for it to purge from the other websites. Changes from our MLS to Realtor.com usually takes about 10 minutes -- other website may not refresh more than once a week. But they'll drop off soon.

Old 10-26-2013, 12:24 AM

Quote:
The sign is already down. She is very experienced. I didn't sign a contract yet. She listed it after a phone conversation we had yesterday morning.
Wow -- that's a BIG no-no around here -- listing it on MLS without a listing agreement? Bet she won't be pulling that stunt again.

Old 10-26-2013, 04:56 PM

1,006 posts, read 2,216,227 times
Quote:
The sign is already down. She is very experienced. I didn't sign a contract yet. She listed it after a phone conversation we had yesterday morning.
Something is very wrong here.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:47 PM

51 posts, read 124,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocaseco View Post
Something is very wrong here.
I agree. After I digested what happened with the way the house got listed, something felt off and I got scared. I feel like I did the right thing for now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate