Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 03:37 PM

335 posts, read 1,181,402 times

Advertisements

How is it that everyone has "just started looking."? Or at least , that's been the feedback for the last 4 showings. When will they be ready? Or better yet, this is the exact wording for the last one "Clients have just started looking and are not ready to commit to any house just yet.". I don't understand, if they are not ready to possibly buy if they find something, why look? Sorry just had to vent. So frustrating to get the house just perfect, and then to hear that. Liz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2007, 04:12 PM

1,050 posts, read 1,930,751 times
Perhaps it's because the buyers know it's a buyer's market and there's nothing to lose by just looking around. I think buyers are ready to buy, just at the right price. If a deal comes along, I'm sure sooner or later it'll be snatched up.

Old 11-26-2007, 04:14 PM

781 posts, read 3,817,033 times
I know what you mean......when we were selling our last house (by appt only), a gentleman had to see it early on a Saturday morning. We all got up early, straightened the house, got the dogs taken care of and drove around while he and his agent walked in.

After about 20 minutes, they left. Later that day the feedback was: "My client loved your house but he wants a house with a pool."......Our house does not even have a pool so why did he waste our time on a Saturday morning!!!!

Old 11-26-2007, 04:17 PM

1,050 posts, read 1,930,751 times
Watch Martinez, that client will come back with an offer $20,000 off your listed price saying he needs the discount to build a pool

Old 11-26-2007, 04:18 PM

2,309 posts, read 2,315,824 times
Just started looking probably means it is their first time (or second time) out and they don't want to jump into anything until they see what is out there. You may be the first on their list.

Old 11-26-2007, 04:19 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,313,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
Watch Martinez, that client will come back with an offer $20,000 off your listed price saying he needs the discount to build a pool
Hey! That's my client. No poaching my clients

Old 11-26-2007, 04:36 PM

Location: Halfway between Number 4 Privet Drive and Forks, WA
1,516 posts, read 4,591,098 times
QUOTE]"My client loved your house but he wants a house with a pool."......Our house does not even have a pool so why did he waste our time on a Saturday morning!!!![/quote]

I know EXACTLY what you mean...except my example has to deal with stairs....Three times I had elderly couples come look at my house. They were WELL aware the house had stairs. One couple, the husband had a bad limp. How the heck would he manage stairs???? Their agent KNEW this. Two others were like, well they weren't happy about the stairs. And what part of TWO-STORY did you NOT understand????
What a TOTAL waste of my time. Yes, MY time.

Old 11-26-2007, 05:03 PM

756 posts, read 2,000,224 times
I agree with you, we had a showing on a fridaynight at like 7pm so we had to leave for a hour and then the feedback was they love the house but they want formal dinning! then why did you waste my time on a friday night, I just wonder what are these buyers thinking.
Had one that wanted to see the house on a sunday so I got everything ready he came in stayed for 30.min then said well you can get a newer home for the same price! then why come to my house anyway if you want a newer one( my home is only 5 years old and much bigger then the home he was talking about)again wasting my time!
We have had about 5 'were just looking"
We are moving on dec 28. so the clock it ticking!!!

Old 11-26-2007, 05:34 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,313,597 times
There's an old real estate adage that says "Buyers are liars". This doesn't mean they're dishonest, they just don't know what they are looking for.

25 years ago, I had a Realtor friend out searching for an acre I could locate a mfg. home on. I woke up one Sunday and looked through the paper and before the day was over we made an offer on a 1200 sf home on a zero lot line lot of 4500 sf. My friend's comment? Yeah this looks a lot like an acre.

Who knew?

Old 11-26-2007, 05:47 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,289,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmma View Post
Just started looking probably means it is their first time (or second time) out and they don't want to jump into anything until they see what is out there. You may be the first on their list.
Yup, I was a first time homebuyer last summer. The very first day I went out looking with my realtor the very first house he took me to was perfect! It had everything I wanted and more. I was terrified to make an offer on the first house of the first day of looking when here I was looking to buy for the first time! My wife and I went home slept on it and decided what the hell, lets make an offer! We made a great offer (98% list) then waited 24 hours to hear back only to learn that the sellers had taken their house off the market because their reason for selling (job transfer) fell through that very day!

My wife and I were devastated . So you see, things can cut both ways. In the end it worked out for the best as two months later we found another great house in an even better area, but that experience will always stay with me. Making an offer on the first house we viewed was a tough decision, but I am glad we did it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate