Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 02:19 PM

52 posts, read 54,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I'll second that. I won't date a guy with one roommate, much less three or four.
Why is that?

I honestly have no interest in having any kind of serious relationship or anything. I could see that being the case if you are looking for a partner though, having a bunch of roommates could be obnoxious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2014, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Um, none of the boys in the "entourage" were professionals; they were scrubs that smoked pot and drank while the one guy worked.

At your age nobody is going to pay $2k per month to have a bunch of partier roommates that will keep him up at night. If someone can afford that for rent, they are going to seek out a nice apartment of their own where they can bring a lady home, not a bunch of groupies.
You should speak for yourself b/c I would currently do exactly that "I live in vegas, don't party every night but at least 3-4 nights a week". LOL what's wrong with groupies?

Old 08-12-2014, 02:34 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkerr03 View Post
I have the cash, although 300k seems a bit high. But yea I'm thinking renting would be a better route.

If you have $300k in cash sitting out there, I congratulate you on your success.

Now, don't waste it buying a mansion. Invest it so in another 10 years or so, you can pay cash for that dream home. Since I'm guessing you're under 30, there's no hurry, you can still be a baller in your late 30's/early 40's and still pull in the young 20-somethings who are hoping you'll take care of them.

Old 08-12-2014, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
If you have $300k in cash sitting out there, I congratulate you on your success.

Now, don't waste it buying a mansion. Invest it so in another 10 years or so, you can pay cash for that dream home. Since I'm guessing you're under 30, there's no hurry, you can still be a baller in your late 30's/early 40's and still pull in the young 20-somethings who are hoping you'll take care of them.
Much appreciated my friend. I'm getting tired of vegas "been her for 2 years now" and am looking to move to a new city LA or Miami seemed like the could be promising. I would move to manhattan but the housing prices are just way too high.

Although has anyone heard about the subsidized housing in NYC? I've been told that even people with a 6 figure income can get a nice apartment for under $1000 a month. It would be nice to have a 2nd home in manhattan and keep my vegas house.

Old 08-12-2014, 02:51 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:

Although has anyone heard about the subsidized housing in NYC? I've been told that even people with a 6 figure income can get a nice apartment for under $1000 a month. It would be nice to have a 2nd home in manhattan and keep my vegas house.
Classy. I'm out.

Old 08-12-2014, 03:27 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,992,335 times
Quote:
Much appreciated my friend. I'm getting tired of vegas "been her for 2 years now" and am looking to move to a new city LA or Miami seemed like the could be promising. I would move to manhattan but the housing prices are just way too high.

If you are in Vegas, then you should definitely know the risk you are taking. The collapse there was one for the records.

The days of MTV Cribs, The Real World and yes ENTOURAGE are long gone. They are (oops, were!) television shows for entertainment, not a blueprint for real life decisions. If you don't already have a crew of homeboys and you don't know the big baller city....stay in Vegas. No one in their 20's is going to give you a couple of grand a month so you can live out your fantasies.

Thank you for joining CD and bringing a few laughs. Gotta love these new posters...

FYI, a five bedroom house with a pool is not a mansion. Think you should call your dream property an estate, since old dudes like Hugh Heffner live in mansions!

Old 08-12-2014, 03:38 PM

1,846 posts, read 4,742,295 times
Quote:

I don't know where you heard that you can get a nice apartment in NYC for $1000/month.

You sound really immature in this thread. You basically come off as having no life experience or common sense.

Old 08-12-2014, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjb View Post
I don't know where you heard that you can get a nice apartment in NYC for $1000/month.

You sound really immature in this thread. You basically come off as having no life experience or common sense.
Ok

Old 08-12-2014, 04:01 PM

265 posts, read 404,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjb View Post

I'm sorry JKerr but you really do. For real.

Old 08-12-2014, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kharing View Post
If you are in Vegas, then you should definitely know the risk you are taking. The collapse there was one for the records.

The days of MTV Cribs, The Real World and yes ENTOURAGE are long gone. They are (oops, were!) television shows for entertainment, not a blueprint for real life decisions. If you don't already have a crew of homeboys and you don't know the big baller city....stay in Vegas. No one in their 20's is going to give you a couple of grand a month so you can live out your fantasies.

Thank you for joining CD and bringing a few laughs. Gotta love these new posters...

FYI, a five bedroom house with a pool is not a mansion. Think you should call your dream property an estate, since old dudes like Hugh Heffner live in mansions!
Not sure how the days of entourage are over? actors are still making plenty money. A lot of people are making good money, it's all a matter of right skills that are in demand.

How would people be paying for my fantasies? If the going rate to rent a house is say 10k and 4 people are in the house and each person pays 2.5k and contributes equally that's hardly scamming someone which is what you are making it sound like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate