Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 02:38 PM

43,359 posts, read 77,240,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmycuties View Post
You said two you listed refused.

Keeping all commission is not the function of dual agency? Did I ever say it was? You may want to re read. But you guys certainly don't mind taking it as a perk of dual agency.

True, accurate, fundamentally sound are the same thing.

The bottom line is, Mike, that my statements are accurate. You guys tell one thing to the seller, another to the buyer.

This is a general topic section. I will comment as I see fit. Same argument could be said for your parameters.
I said "two this year." You jumped to confusions in your zeal to flame agents.
Can we agree that "this year" refers to 2015? 2015 is not my first year in business.

Which sellers and which buyers?
I think that statement is silly, unless you can quote me specifically.
Spoiler
You cannot. Because I don't do whatever it is you are going on about.

Your posts are banal and ridiculous, but that is a common theme amongst axe-grinders here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2015, 02:47 PM

1,027 posts, read 2,510,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I said "two this year." You jumped to confusions in your zeal to flame agents.
Can we agree that "this year" refers to 2015? 2015 is not my first year in business.

Which sellers and which buyers?
I think that statement is silly, unless you can quote me specifically.
Spoiler
You cannot. Because I don't do whatever it is you are going on about.

Your posts are banal and ridiculous, but that is a common theme amongst axe-grinders here.
No axe to grind. Realistic and informed = axe to grind? Ok.

I'm not illiterate. You said two this year. So what? I was speaking of the two you mentioned. My point was that if you're in this multiple offer sellers' market, what's two? Oh, sorry...what's two THIS YEAR out of all those homes you're selling left and right?

You're just upset that people have opinions and know the way the majority of agents operate. There's a reason why flat fee MLS is working. It's cutting out at least one agent.

Old 04-06-2015, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
So far, yes.
Go with your instinct. You'll figure it out. If she's searching for you and really trying to find something that meets your needs, she's working for you. If you don't think she's doing right by you, there's an agent out there who will.

Old 04-06-2015, 03:03 PM

896 posts, read 1,477,937 times
Can someone please explain the process of "looking at current comps" to me? It seems that experienced realtors are experts at that.

KIDDING!!! I have a PhD in Mathematics and Statistics. Tomorrow I will try to take your career seriously.

Old 04-06-2015, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestOne1 View Post
Can someone please explain the process of "looking at current comps" to me? It seems that experienced realtors are experts at that.

KIDDING!!! I have a PhD in Mathematics and Statistics. Tomorrow I will try to take your career seriously.
Thank you!

Old 04-06-2015, 03:13 PM

Quote:
No axe to grind. Realistic and informed = axe to grind? Ok.

I'm not illiterate. You said two this year. So what? I was speaking of the two you mentioned. My point was that if you're in this multiple offer sellers' market, what's two? Oh, sorry...what's two THIS YEAR out of all those homes you're selling left and right?

You're just upset that people have opinions and know the way the majority of agents operate. There's a reason why flat fee MLS is working. It's cutting out at least one agent.
Again with the B and R.
Upset? LMAO. This place is dime a dozen with folks without a clue grinding axes on agents. You haven't exactly registered in an exclusive group.
Heck, it appears that we cannot even agree that the year is 2015. How indicative!

How in the world does Flat Fee "cut out" an agent?
Why does the local firm, Flat Fee Realty, pay a buyers' agent co-broke? When they represent the seller and the buyer has an agent, who is the third agent you say is "cut out?"

Old 04-06-2015, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Again with the B and R.
Upset? LMAO. This place is dime a dozen with folks without a clue grinding axes on agents. You haven't exactly registered in an exclusive group.
Heck, it appears that we cannot even agree that the year is 2015. How indicative!

How in the world does Flat Fee "cut out" an agent?
Why does the local firm, Flat Fee Realty pay a buyers' agent co-broke? When they represent the seller and the buyer has an agent, who is the third agent you say is "cut out?"
Aww, Mike, there you go again. You keep having to reiterate that it's 2015. Is that a perk that comes along with signing on with you for an agent? You'll constantly remind them of the year?

Flat fee pays a couple hundred to the "listing agent" (who does nothing other than put it on the MLS), and you never deal with them again other than send over paperwork to remove the listing. The seller sells the house. If the seller sells to an unrepresented buyer, there's no buyer's agent fee. The only $ out of pocket was the couple hundred to get it on the multiple. It can, essentially, almost cut out all broker fees, minus the couple hundred to list it. Do I really need to educate you on this, Mike?

If this group isn't up to par, why are you on it?

You're clearly upset because you know your job really can be done without you. Which is why the flat fee MLS is rapidly expanding. The flat fee is to the broker what the assembly line robot was to the assembly man.

Dime a dozen? I thought you were talking about brokers there for a minute lmao!

Last edited by iluvmycuties; 04-06-2015 at 03:31 PM..

Old 04-06-2015, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Aww, Mike, there you go again. You keep having to reiterate that it's 2015. Is that a perk that comes along with signing on with you for an agent? You'll constantly remind them of the year?

Flat fee pays a couple hundred to the "listing agent" (who does nothing other than put it on the MLS), and you never deal with them again other than send over contracts to remove the listing. The seller sells the house. If the seller sells to an unrepresented buyer, there's no buyer's agent fee. The only $ out of pocket was the couple hundred to get it on the multiple. Do I really need to educate you on this, Mike?

If this group isn't up to par, why are you on it?

You're clearly upset because you know your job really can be done without you. Which is why the flat fee MLS is rapidly expanding. The flat fee is to the broker what the assembly line robot was to the assembly man.

Dime a dozen? I thought you were talking about brokers there for a minute lmao!
"Flat Fee Realty" is a local firm that takes a "flat" fee for full representation of the seller, and pays a co-broke to a buyer's agent. I don't know what other services they offer, but they do offer full representation for a fixed fee.
There is no fixed definition of "flat fee."
Some firms will put a listing on MLS, and stop at that. Many offer a variety of services to sellers, at various flexible and sometimes fixed fees.

I am on this group to discuss topics with people who care, and I pass some time countering your group who don't care who they hurt while having fun with misinformation. And, you ARE a dime a dozen. Almost everything you have said in this thread is wrong or misguided. C'est la vie. That's the internet for you. Wheat and chaff mingled.

Old 04-06-2015, 03:37 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,738,568 times
I don't know how it works elsewhere...

Here is one example where having a listing agent saved the day...

The listing agent was showing a property to a family... it was an older homestead and the prospective buyers let their kids run wild and one was injured and hospitalized... the Broker's liability policy kicked in and the property owner was protected...

Also... not all transactions are simple... some are complex with delayed exchanges, alternative financing, etc... with a simple mistake easily costing many thousands of dollars...

The beauty is no brokerage required to sell or buy... anyone with an aversion to brokerage need not participate.

Interesting thing is For Sale By Owners hope to capitalize or realize a higher net by avoiding brokerage and buyers look for savings when buying For Sale By Owner...

Old 04-06-2015, 03:45 PM

Quote:
"Flat Fee Realty" is a local firm that takes a "flat" fee for full representation of the seller, and pays a co-broke to a buyer's agent. I don't know what other services they offer, but they do offer full representation for a fixed fee.
There is no fixed definition of "flat fee."
Some firms will put a listing on MLS, and stop at that. Many offer a variety of services to sellers, at various flexible and sometimes fixed fees.

I am on this group to discuss topics with people who care, and I pass some time countering your group who don't care who they hurt while having fun with misinformation. And, you ARE a dime a dozen. Almost everything you have said in this thread is wrong or misguided. C'est la vie. That's the internet for you. Wheat and chaff mingled.
You are 100% incorrect regarding flat fee MLS. What are you talking about a local firm for, Mike? You're speaking in riddles--big surprise--because you don't like that the flat fee services are taking your listings. I'm speaking national flat fee services. You pay a couple hundred to a "listing agent" who puts your home on the MLS. The SELLER shows the house. If the buyer sees the home without an agent, then the seller just sold his home for a mere couple hundred to list it. If the seller shows it to someone with an agent, the seller pays the commission (the seller sets the commission) to the buyer's agent. At worst, you save the seller's agent fee of 2-3%. At best, you only pay the couple hundred to list it.

People with half a brain know that everything I stated is true. I'm hurting people and having fun with misinformation? You're a prize. You have an unrelated answer to every point I've made. Shocker.

Again Mike, dime a dozen.

Oh, and it's 2015.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate