Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 04:12 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,653,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumf View Post
And, if anybody put in an offer that DIDN'T have a disclosure - or DIDN'T see the entire property, they're just asking for trouble... sounds fishy to me as well - as I'd never even consider buying a home 'blind'...
I'm still confused, what sounds fishy? Why are you assuming the other offer had also not seen the disclosure? So because OP's agent hadn't gotten the disclosure statement from the listing agent, you're assuming any and all other buyers agents didn't get it yet either.

Buyers put in offers on houses for sale. That's how sales happen. It's not a conspiracy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2015, 05:07 PM

4,374 posts, read 11,230,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott01 View Post
We looked at a house yesterday. The agent didn't have the disclosure sheet but said would get it. Part of the house was unavailable for us to look at.

We had a few questions that agent could not answer but said would get the details.

Now today we got a call to quick, put in our offer because they just got another offer.

Could this be real or is this just to rush us along?
Honestly this happens all the time in hot markets. Phoenix is hopping pretty well if the house it priced right, a realtor friend just told me she sold and firmed up her house in less than 2 weeks and now expects to do the same with a second house she has.

Old 04-10-2015, 05:21 PM

4,374 posts, read 11,230,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Letvit go. Along with this Realtor.

No place in AZ is THAT hot for real estate right now
How do you even know what you're talking about - the OP didn't state how long the house was on the market. Just because they saw it one day doesn't mean that someone else didn't see it the day before and decide to buy it?

And to recommend they dump their realtor for most likely being honest about an offer on the house (they could lose their license for saying something like this if it's not true). The agent was probably telling them so they wouldn't lose the house if they wanted it.

Old 04-10-2015, 09:50 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,580,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmichigan View Post
Why would you want to put in an offer if you haven't even seen all of the house yet?
This. You need to know what you're buying.

Old 04-10-2015, 11:21 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott01 View Post
We looked at a house yesterday. The agent didn't have the disclosure sheet but said would get it. Part of the house was unavailable for us to look at.

We had a few questions that agent could not answer but said would get the details.

Now today we got a call to quick, put in our offer because they just got another offer.

Could this be real or is this just to rush us along?
If your agent said there has been an offer, there probably is one; but I would never buy a house when I hadn't even been allowed to see the whole thing.

Old 04-11-2015, 01:50 AM

9,891 posts, read 11,768,929 times
The house probably has an offer by another office. The OP agent, wants to earn a commission. If the other offer gets the sale, the OP agent does not get paid. If it was a full price offer, it would have already been accepted. The owner wants to see if their is another offer, before they sign the first one, and take the best offer. So we have a triangle going on.

The average agent only sells 6 homes a year and 80% of agents fail out of the business as they do not make enough money to make a living and may only sell a couple of homes a year. The agent not knowing answers the OP asked, and has not gotten the answers and got back with the OP says that the agent is not a top selling agent so they need the sale .

If the OP really likes the home, they should call the agent and tell the agent they like the house so far, and that if the agent can get they an appointment right away to see the whole house, and get the answers to the questions they asked, they will consider making an offer. Now it is back in the agents and owners hands, and this request will happen fast especially if there is another offer in the wings.

Following this tactic, puts the OP in control of the situation, and puts them in a position to decide if they want the home, and lets them stay in power until they quickly decide to make an offer to buy the home, or to eliminate it from consideration.

Old 04-11-2015, 05:14 AM

1,538 posts, read 2,305,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post

Buyers put in offers on houses for sale. That's how sales happen. It's not a conspiracy.
For real! OP, sometimes things move quickly and I'm guessing that you told your agent that this might be "the one"; which is why you received a call updating you on the rapidly changing situation. I've had houses that have sat on the market for months and then 3 competing offers come from nowhere all in the same day. It just happens.

Last edited by cjmeck; 04-11-2015 at 05:25 AM..

Old 04-11-2015, 05:46 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,047,727 times
I don't know how other states do things, but here you can put in an offer without seeing the whole house or reading the disclosures.
The seller has a limited time to provide the disclosures, and then you can back out for whatever reason during the investigation period.

Old 04-12-2015, 11:57 AM

9,891 posts, read 11,768,929 times
I have bought houses without even seeing them. I dealt in multi state, and even out of the country real estate exchanges, and did not see a lot of the property we were involved in.

Example: A young Realtor came to me with 5 houses in a 13 unit subdivision, that he had a client owner that wanted to exchange them on a large property. I wrote up the contract without seeing the houses. The agent asked me, "Don't you even want to see them before making this offer", and when I said no he was stunned. Then I explained, I had that subdivision built for me and sold them before construction started to 4 investors sight unseen in 2 hours. The 5 homes he was offering me, were homes I had managed for an investor I had sold them to, and had exchanged them to his client. I told him he was one man I trusted when he told me they were all still in decent condition, so there was no need to see them. The exchange went through.

But the OP is buying a home for his families use. That is more personal. By law he does not have to see the entire house, but most people are going to want to see things, prior to making an offer. What they have not seen may have problems, that would help determine the price he would offer to pay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate