Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2015, 01:15 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,046,397 times

Advertisements

I see this often.

Owner bought home with buyer's agent Bob 10 years ago.
Owner wants to sell now, hires Bob.
Buyer's agent Bob does a visibly lousy job listing the home. Home doesn't sell.
Owner tries again 1-2 years later, again with Bob Buyersagent as the listing agent.
Home doesn't sell again.
Sometimes owner even tries third time with Bob again!

What's up with the attachment?

If you've been in a similar situation, how come other listing agents can't pry you away from your old buyer's agent?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2015, 01:22 PM

19,433 posts, read 27,819,296 times
I trusted the agent who was our buyers agent for our second home purchase, and sold our first home (First house agent had retired). She was great at that time. Eight years later, we hired her to sell that house and find us another. Did a decent job finding us a new house, but a truly awful job selling the current house. Bad. REALLY bad.

Frankly, I mostly blame me - NOT the agent. I'm responsible for hiring her before checking her current business plan and current success rates with selling homes. This was in a down market in Phoenix, AZ and she neglected to tell me that her primary business was currently REO's. I blame myself for not interviewing other agents, and re-interviewing her.

Five years later, we sold that third house and never even called her. Started all over by interviewing three new agents to sell it for us (we bought out of state).

Old 09-29-2015, 02:07 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,550 posts, read 81,117,303 times
We bought 22 years ago, and our agent was a retired teacher. Much as I liked him, he has to be at least 85 by now, and hopefully retired. I think when we sell in a few years we'll find someone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate