Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2016, 07:31 AM

311 posts, read 634,756 times

Advertisements

Mid 2015 seller lists house as FSBO on various sites. Can't sell (probably price).

Seller contacts real estate company and lists with them later in year with much lower price.

Leaves FSBO ads up.

Early spring we purchase home through our agent and his agent.

Ads from real estate company comes down after we close and Zillow etc. remove ads.

FSBO ads still up and Zillow has now picked it up.

So now it looks like the home we own is FSBO. Since some people have no idea what boundaries are I have a feeling we will be getting people wandering around our home or knocks at the door.

Can I contact the FSBO sites and have them remove the ad? I doubt the seller will since he hasn't done so yet. He was not the easiest to deal with as it was. His agent showed up to closing and was glad to be done with him. He used a few different agents once he decided to list with a real estate company.

Does anyone know how long the FSBO sites keep the ads active?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2016, 08:26 AM

11,828 posts, read 34,440,909 times
Reach out to the Seller, first. Then claim the home on Zillow.

Old 04-18-2016, 09:18 AM

5,447 posts, read 7,743,493 times
I would just contact all the sites where the ad is up and tell them the house is sold and to take the ad down. No need to explain that you aren't the one who placed the ad. It isn't like they are going to ask for a social security number or PIN number like a bank would to verify your ID. I doubt any of them will even question it as long as you can identify the property address or name of the person who placed the ad. Whatever they need to pull it up.

Zillow you can deal with directly.

Old 04-18-2016, 10:15 AM

311 posts, read 634,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
Reach out to the Seller, first. Then claim the home on Zillow.

I don't think he'll respond to me. He quit responding to his agent the week before close. Wouldn't return calls or emails.

The house was empty so we didn't have to wait for him to move at least.

Old 04-18-2016, 10:37 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Bound View Post
Mid 2015 seller lists house as FSBO on various sites. Can't sell (probably price).

Seller contacts real estate company and lists with them later in year with much lower price.

Leaves FSBO ads up.

Early spring we purchase home through our agent and his agent.

Ads from real estate company comes down after we close and Zillow etc. remove ads.

FSBO ads still up and Zillow has now picked it up.

So now it looks like the home we own is FSBO. Since some people have no idea what boundaries are I have a feeling we will be getting people wandering around our home or knocks at the door.

Can I contact the FSBO sites and have them remove the ad? I doubt the seller will since he hasn't done so yet. He was not the easiest to deal with as it was. His agent showed up to closing and was glad to be done with him. He used a few different agents once he decided to list with a real estate company.

Does anyone know how long the FSBO sites keep the ads active?

Thanks
I had someone list a home I owned as for sale. I contacted everyone involved told them the deal and most removed it within hours.

I had someone list the same home as for rent, I contacted them with just the name and address for the attorney I have used in the past and a request for them to remove it before I contacted my attorney and the police.

The fsbo issue can come up as a result of websites wanting to create content for various models seeking monies for data. Then it gets picked up and spread around, well at least according to an agent I have worked with on fsbo and other off market properties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate