Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 10:38 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bill View Post

It's not always about the Price.
It's about LOCATION, CONDITION, AND PRICE.
Uncle Bill, I hear what you are saying and think your magic formula is missing a critical element, timing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2008, 11:15 AM

67 posts, read 271,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Uncle Bill, I hear what you are saying and think your magic formula is missing a critical element, timing.
I'd like to add another variable to the formula: style.

I've been looking to buy a house for years now. But, all I see are "traditional" cookie-cutter homes. I think that the housing market can be helped with some bold and fresh designs like the modern homes in Dwell magazine or the southwest style homes that you find in New Mexico.

Old 03-01-2008, 03:11 PM

51 posts, read 161,408 times
I too would love to see some more unique homes. So many are just the same old blah floorplan with blah kitchens and blah yards.

I am currently a seller and a buyer so I'm trying to take all the good ideas I can from the homes that I tour as a buyer and bring them back to my current home and use them as a seller.

We've been on the market for 2 months and things are starting to pick up a bit. I think Spring will help. If the snow keeps melting, maybe I'll see the grass by April!!

Old 03-01-2008, 06:53 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,730,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bill View Post

So at 125 sf it is priced aggressively, accounting for the location and lot size; and one day the right buyer will come along. The home is marketed by a savvy realtor who is doing her job correctly. She called me the day following our showing and asked me to discuss the home with her because she said she had experienced a lot of tough sell homes, but this was the toughest she has experienced.

Bill, I agree w/you that location and condition are big factors, but this house is NOT priced aggressively enough.

Can you give us history on it? Did they list at a gross asking price to start? Did they "chase" the market down? I look at historicals as a huge factor and inventory obv....please share some more details...

Old 03-01-2008, 09:18 PM

6,069 posts, read 14,781,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Bill, I agree w/you that location and condition are big factors, but this house is NOT priced aggressively enough.

Can you give us history on it? Did they list at a gross asking price to start? Did they "chase" the market down? I look at historicals as a huge factor and inventory obv....please share some more details...
I don't have time to chase down all the details. The house was not placed on my clients short list, so we moved on. I responded to the selling agents questions. The property is history to me, unless another of my buyers is interested. It's only after my buyer is interested that I'll spend time studying the property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate