Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 05:22 PM

110 posts, read 502,274 times

Advertisements

Sellers you had yours.

After seeing so many post that pitty Sellers for getting low ball offers or bring typecasted, I'd like to turn this thing on it's head. Here in Maryland where prices are fairly high, houses sold like hotcakes just 2 short years ago. Houses being on the market for 24 hours was very common. Quasi bidding wars were very common. Sellers listing things like no VA LOANS was common. As a Vet I understand the stringent nature of writing these loans but I have to think to myself.. wow another way to screw those who fight for you.

Today? I'd have to say this market is awesome. I do not take pleasure seeing fellow Americans in a bind. I'd rather bail out Bill 'down the street' than Bear Sterns anyday.

Buyers should take advatage of this situation to the fullest! I'm trying to
get the best property my little money can buy. My contracts are going to be in the tradition of FATWALLET and SLICKDEALS. No different than when I went into that Volvo dealership and came out with that way below sticker deal in Nov.

Sellers we really dont care if you are not effected by the ARM resets and have a choice to sell or not to sell. Offers will be made per recent sales and comps just like always. Pride means nothing.

Sellers I know many of you who bought your houses years ago want to take advantage of the market to 'move up'. It seems that this group is the least likely to realize that they can not burn the candle on both ends. When I look up your property on the State's past property transaction online database and I see you paid X and your listings is for X^3 and the comps are listed at X^2; we are still bidding (X^2)*.10.

Sellers, we want closing assistance (even when we dont need it), double digit percent off of the listing price. For goodness sake 'stage your home', clean it up and mow the lawn twice as frequent. Throw away all that junk you're going to throw away at closing anyway. Buy a little storage unit and put all your good junk in it.

Buyers we are going to get some contracts up buying in Maryland, Virginia, California and we're gonig to even buy in DC.. Yaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

Old 04-02-2008, 05:34 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,363,772 times
The pendulum swings, this is a given. Don't let it hit you in the ass on the way back.

Old 04-02-2008, 05:54 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
I can see where the OP is coming from. I too see homes listed for three times the market price (tax assessors office and comps). Give them a fair bid and they don't even counter.

So I decided that I'm just going to sit on the sidelines and wait a few more months.
These 2 particular homes I've looked at have been on the market since last October/November and have only come down $5K in price.

Some people have not woken up yet to the fact that the current market has turned.

Old 04-02-2008, 05:59 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangelo View Post
Sellers you had yours.

After seeing so many post that pitty Sellers for getting low ball offers or bring typecasted, I'd like to turn this thing on it's head. Here in Maryland where prices are fairly high, houses sold like hotcakes just 2 short years ago. Houses being on the market for 24 hours was very common. Quasi bidding wars were very common. Sellers listing things like no VA LOANS was common. As a Vet I understand the stringent nature of writing these loans but I have to think to myself.. wow another way to screw those who fight for you.

Today? I'd have to say this market is awesome. I do not take pleasure seeing fellow Americans in a bind. I'd rather bail out Bill 'down the street' than Bear Sterns anyday.

Buyers should take advatage of this situation to the fullest! I'm trying to
get the best property my little money can buy. My contracts are going to be in the tradition of FATWALLET and SLICKDEALS. No different than when I went into that Volvo dealership and came out with that way below sticker deal in Nov.

Sellers we really dont care if you are not effected by the ARM resets and have a choice to sell or not to sell. Offers will be made per recent sales and comps just like always. Pride means nothing.

Sellers I know many of you who bought your houses years ago want to take advantage of the market to 'move up'. It seems that this group is the least likely to realize that they can not burn the candle on both ends. When I look up your property on the State's past property transaction online database and I see you paid X and your listings is for X^3 and the comps are listed at X^2; we are still bidding (X^2)*.10.

Sellers, we want closing assistance (even when we dont need it), double digit percent off of the listing price. For goodness sake 'stage your home', clean it up and mow the lawn twice as frequent. Throw away all that junk you're going to throw away at closing anyway. Buy a little storage unit and put all your good junk in it.

Buyers we are going to get some contracts up buying in Maryland, Virginia, California and we're gonig to even buy in DC.. Yaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!
Bring it on, I'll laugh at your bid and I'll send ya down the road to the trailerhome you can afford...

Old 04-02-2008, 06:11 PM

101 posts, read 137,358 times
'Bring it on, I'll laugh at your bid and I'll send ya down the road to the trailerhome you can afford...'

You won't even get to the second 'HA" when I will move on the next delusional seller in the plethora of unsold homes with a DOM of 100plus and counting. Amazing. Some tards are still in denial so late in the game. Lol.

Old 04-02-2008, 06:37 PM

Location: Halfway between Number 4 Privet Drive and Forks, WA
1,516 posts, read 4,589,470 times
Wow...

I don't know what to say to that, but this:

Washington's housing fix taking shape - Apr. 2, 2008

(I guess you better get busy buying...)

Old 04-02-2008, 06:47 PM

101 posts, read 137,358 times
This so call bill... has more to do with setting up local community outreach to assist in forclosures and resets.... aside from that .... NO TEETH... Just Congress wasting money once again....

Old 04-02-2008, 07:15 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,718,482 times
a snippet from the article...

The legislation is expected to contain funding to help borrowers avert foreclosures and help boost activity in neighborhoods with vacant properties. It's also expected to include a business tax break and possibly some measures designed to make loans insured by the Federal Housing Administration more accessible.

Can someone tell me who is going to provide that "funding"???

Oh yeah! I get it! The "funding" will come from every taxpayer who paid their bills on time to bailout people who didn't!

Why not? What's a couple billion dollars between friends???

Gotta love America!

Old 04-02-2008, 08:32 PM

110 posts, read 502,274 times
This problem is a tanker and wont turn on a dime despite the most IDEAL Gov't intervention.

-Mortgages will continue to reset in the upcomming months creating more foreclosures, more inventory
-Loans are more difficult to obtain (as a result of the crisis), resulting in less buyers.
-Some homeowners will try to wish there issues away until they foreclose, creating more inventory
-Many homeowners are looking to upgrade creating inventory.

To the poster who made the ill comment. Every month my modest housing dollars are buying more house in better areas when 2 years ago it barely bought a Condo. You know how many people told me to "get over" the 2006 prices and buy. Who would have thought.. 2008 more inventory and better prices.

Buyers.. Hold hands and sing with me.

Old 04-02-2008, 08:42 PM

2,686 posts, read 7,868,329 times
Default buyer's time?

It will be a better time to buy in 12 months. Unless you find a great foreclosure or a house you will stay in at least 5 years, stay on the sidelines for the next year and watch prices drop 10-15 percent in the next year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate