Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 04:28 PM

299 posts, read 162,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
you chose the level of service, unless they gave you a written package that included extensive communication. You've been on the market 6 days.

Actually, who was the primary chooser of Redefy? You or him?

And who chose the price?
They do market that they offer everything a full-service agency provides with their flat fee, so I think it's fair to expect that.

Who's "him"? If you mean my husband, we both decided. We talked about who to call, and I don't really remember which one of us mentioned this agent. We used him before, so it seemed a logical choice. In retrospect, our rationale was faulty.

And yeah, 6 days. I do think our listing language is terrible, especially compared to others. I'm rewriting it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2018, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
actually ... the "calm down, it's just 6 days" is very true of course. And all the agents here understand the stress. as to your issue with the agent ...
Yep, exactly. I just think that they put themselves out as a full-service agency, so we should get that.

Old 09-27-2018, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
From their marketing materials, they are claiming to be a full-service brokerage, so your agent should be communicative with you. I would keep trying to get in touch with them.

Market demand varies widely, and I don't know what you should have expected for showings in the first week. Sometimes it's hard to predict, even when you're in it!

What conversation did you have with the agent about price? Whose idea was the price?
It's not that they ignore me, but I get one word, or one sentence responses that aren't really helpful. It just really feels like we are an after thought, and not really important to them as we aren't buying another house, just selling.

The agent threw out the price, and my husband agreed. We did our own research on comps, and the agent gave us his CMA report. I felt it was a little high, but thought that his reasoning was good - list a bit higher so we have something to work with if someone offers lower. I decided to leave it to the professional.

Old 09-27-2018, 04:54 PM

14,488 posts, read 12,121,454 times
If you feel ignored, someone's not doing as well as they could do to communicate.

I can only hope that as time goes on, they do better.

Old 09-27-2018, 05:28 PM

43,297 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyPet View Post
It's not that they ignore me, but I get one word, or one sentence responses that aren't really helpful. It just really feels like we are an after thought, and not really important to them as we aren't buying another house, just selling.

The agent threw out the price, and my husband agreed. We did our own research on comps, and the agent gave us his CMA report. I felt it was a little high, but thought that his reasoning was good - list a bit higher so we have something to work with if someone offers lower. I decided to leave it to the professional.
Don't ask "Yes or No" questions that get one word answers.
Ask "branching" questions that require longer responses.

Poor form, "Do you think we are priced OK?"
Better form, "How would you feel about us using another agent who communicates more openly with us?"

Old 09-27-2018, 05:40 PM

566 posts, read 573,833 times
You can comp your house yourself. Honestly if you want to be competitive, price yourself below everyone else who is comparable to you taking into consideration what houses have sold for in the last couple of months. If you price aggressively you really can't lose out. Then just notify your agent you want to drop the price.

Old 09-27-2018, 07:06 PM

3,248 posts, read 2,457,038 times
OP, I have had this issue. Here is what worked for me-- letting the agent know what I expected and giving them an out if they couldn't meet expectations. Sometimes people are lazy and will keep being lazy until called on it.

I sent a very nice email to the agent that said something like this:

Hi-- I am very appreciative in your help selling our home-- its such a huge undertaking! I wanted to take a moment to let you know that I don't think we have been very clear on our expectations. I apologize and hope to clear that up. We are (very busy people/first time sellers in this market/under time constraints to sell/whatever the case is) and as such it would be very helpful if you could offer advice when we ask you a question rather than just a quick reply. We are relying on your expertise and really looking to you for guidance. Also, if we could schedule a time to chat on the phone tomorrow I am sure I would get a lot more of my questions answered. I am free between (time) but I know that you have a busy schedule so let me know what times work for you.

We realize that we may need more hands on assistance than some other clients: our expectation is that it would not be an issue. But if it is, and if you think that we might not be the right fit, please let us know as soon as possible. Thanks again and let me know when you are free to discuss my many questions!

Old 09-27-2018, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
If you feel ignored, someone's not doing as well as they could do to communicate.
I agree, but again, it's not that we feel ignored. It's more that we feel we are getting the bare minimum since we aren't buying, just selling. I certainly don't feel like we are getting the full-service that other buyers would get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Don't ask "Yes or No" questions that get one word answers.
Ask "branching" questions that require longer responses.

Poor form, "Do you think we are priced OK?"
Better form, "How would you feel about us using another agent who communicates more openly with us?"

Love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringler24 View Post
You can comp your house yourself. Honestly if you want to be competitive, price yourself below everyone else who is comparable to you taking into consideration what houses have sold for in the last couple of months. If you price aggressively you really can't lose out. Then just notify your agent you want to drop the price.
You know what? This might happen. I'm going to wait for this weekend. I just rewrote my listing. Ours was so crummy, didn't point out any of the draws to buying our home, location, etc. and even had type-o's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emotiioo View Post
OP, I have had this issue. Here is what worked for me-- letting the agent know what I expected and giving them an out if they couldn't meet expectations. Sometimes people are lazy and will keep being lazy until called on it.

I sent a very nice email to the agent that said something like this:

Hi-- I am very appreciative in your help selling our home-- its such a huge undertaking! I wanted to take a moment to let you know that I don't think we have been very clear on our expectations. I apologize and hope to clear that up. We are (very busy people/first time sellers in this market/under time constraints to sell/whatever the case is) and as such it would be very helpful if you could offer advice when we ask you a question rather than just a quick reply. We are relying on your expertise and really looking to you for guidance. Also, if we could schedule a time to chat on the phone tomorrow I am sure I would get a lot more of my questions answered. I am free between (time) but I know that you have a busy schedule so let me know what times work for you.

We realize that we may need more hands on assistance than some other clients: our expectation is that it would not be an issue. But if it is, and if you think that we might not be the right fit, please let us know as soon as possible. Thanks again and let me know when you are free to discuss my many questions!
I like this too - thanks!

Old 09-27-2018, 08:49 PM

One last thing. We signed a contract with them and put down $300. So if we want out, I'm guessing it's going to be a fight and we'll lose $300.

Old 09-27-2018, 09:12 PM

Ugh, I just read a thread about Redefy, 2bindenver responded to this person in Colo. What's described about Redefy is exactly what we are dealing with. An assembly line of people doing the bare minimum to push us along. I'm even freaked about the contract. This other poster was getting ripped off as they told them just what they told us. That we pay the $3k and then pay 2.8% for the buyers commission. Hopefully we don't get screwed. Really wish we went with a skilled agent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate