Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 08:48 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,537 times

Advertisements

If this was to have happened several years ago I would just put the house back on the market but it is now not then and they love the house and are a real buyer. So we will have to let it play out. We (hubby) keeps on putting an addendum on each date saying if the house doesn't close we get the deposit back. They play the game and sign it since I am sure they know we do not want to put the house back on the market and this is not their fault. This is hubby's way to have some control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2008, 08:41 AM

2,197 posts, read 7,393,698 times
I feel for you, lorriem and drjones! This is the part of this whole mortgage mess that seems so unfair. Lenders are holding today's borrowers to very strict standards, which would make sense if they weren't turning right around and refiing subprime and Alt-A buyers into preferential rate loans with little or no documentation at all. So your qualified buyers are jumping through hoops, while homeowners who wouldn't have a prayer of qualifying are refied into fixed rates by just stating, yes, I make (fill in whatever amount they need).

Shouldn't everybody be held to the same standards? Be tight or be lax, but be fair.

I hope everybody's closings come off without further delays!

Old 04-19-2008, 09:31 AM

1,122 posts, read 4,109,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
I am catching up to you but it is not all the buyers fault. I am starting fights with hubby because I have to get mad at someone. If you had to do it all over again would you? I am not sure if I would.
Hey Lorrie, poor hubby wants it to be over too Kiss and make up
Look at it this way --- first you just wanted showings. You got them. Then you just wanted an offer -- you got one. Now you're in the final leg of the race; you're almost there! Hang on! It'll be over soon!

Don't know if there's anything your agent can do to help move this along. Is she keeping in close touch with the buyer's agent to be sure everything's being done as quickly and efficiently as possible?

Anyway, IMO, having a buyer who really wants your house but needs some extra time to make it happen is worth 2 prospective buyers who might throw in the towel when things get too troublesome.

Old 04-19-2008, 09:56 AM

5,284 posts, read 20,052,779 times
My goodness - so very sorry - yes, very stressful....hopefully it will all work out and you can put this painful exerpience behind you. Good luck.

Old 04-19-2008, 01:43 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbyehollywood View Post
I feel for you, lorriem and drjones! This is the part of this whole mortgage mess that seems so unfair. Lenders are holding today's borrowers to very strict standards, which would make sense if they weren't turning right around and refiing subprime and Alt-A buyers into preferential rate loans with little or no documentation at all. So your qualified buyers are jumping through hoops, while homeowners who wouldn't have a prayer of qualifying are refied into fixed rates by just stating, yes, I make (fill in whatever amount they need).

Shouldn't everybody be held to the same standards? Be tight or be lax, but be fair.

I hope everybody's closings come off without further delays!
Under normal circumstances, I agree everyone should be held to the same standards. But this is hardly " normal circumstances".

Lenders are trying to slowing let the air out of the balloon.

All this refi is nothing but a band-aide, cause if they let them all rip, at once, it would be the end of the world, as we know it. The consequences would impact everyone.

Scary, scary times.

Old 04-19-2008, 02:47 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang View Post
Hey Lorrie, poor hubby wants it to be over too Kiss and make up
Look at it this way --- first you just wanted showings. You got them. Then you just wanted an offer -- you got one. Now you're in the final leg of the race; you're almost there! Hang on! It'll be over soon!

I am almost at the point of a peck on his cheek. He told our agent in the 2nd addedum to change the date to the 31th instead of the 28th bless his heart. It is also getting harder when you are so close having the house sold.

Don't know if there's anything your agent can do to help move this along. Is she keeping in close touch with the buyer's agent to be sure everything's being done as quickly and efficiently as possible?

Only when we push her.Which we have been doing when something has to be done.

Anyway, IMO, having a buyer who really wants your house but needs some extra time to make it happen is worth 2 prospective buyers who might throw in the towel when things get too troublesome.
I agree that is why I don't want to rock the boat. I tried to answer your questions one by one but they are in the quote. I can't get them out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate