Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 12:35 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,149,360 times

Advertisements

He was sniffing the artificial turf, hmmm...... now that's an interesting buyer. If he comes back, maybe ask him to "sit" and "stay", for a while, and if he won't "roll over" with the cash, ask him to "play dead," somewhere else!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2008, 01:32 PM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Yes, positive thinking...I just talked to our agent, he called..still trying to get in touch with their agent....let us know if they are not interested, want another home, whatever. And I did ask him to not let us a know an offer was coming in, only when he has it in his hands..it's too hard.
Barb, I can't stress enough that having an interested buyer is a positive. I know you've been through a lot with these buyers but how much of it is due to your agent and theirs? Think about it, their agent is putting things in your agents head, then he is passing it on to you. There shouldn't have been any mention of your furniture until they actually wrote an offer. These agents are putting you through hell more then the buyer.

At the other forum I go to, one gal had interest, then had a buyer coming to look. She has to leave work to get her dogs/cats, only to do this one day, drop them back off and the agent is knocking on her door. She had to get the animals back in the car, in turn missing a meeting. Turns out the buyers agent took them to a FSBO on the way to her house making them late for her showing. FSBO ends up listing the other day for more then her house with less upgrades only to get an offer last night while she doesn't.

Our market was so dead for 7 months. We finally find a house after 6+ months (the house we were going to buy fell through) only to have no action and need to sell. My hubby then had an accident and could have lost his life. He was out of work 2 months. We then get the contract to have the buyer back out, then my cervical cancer scare. At the same time I am trying mediation for my dad's estate, being put through hell. After negotiating for a week we strike a deal, yet 3 months later they won't sign it. Here my buyer goes on their honeymoon for 2 weeks with no contact. My daughter then is standing next to some kid in the hall who is selling drugs, she gets thrown out of school until I can prove she doesn't have drugs in her system. Be thankful you did not have the year I had right before selling up to actually closing, those were only a few things. Hopefully seeing how crappy someone else's experience was will make you feel better.

So, keep thinking positive. These buyers will probably write an offer but right now for some reason they aren't ready. The economy isn't looking good, if you were in their shoes, wouldn't you be a little hesitant to spend that kind of money right now? Is there anything you can do to push it along? Can you offer some kind of incentive to them if they do write an offer this weekend?

Can you do an open house next Sunday and offer say a $1,000 Home Depot gift card with a signed contract?

Old 06-28-2008, 02:01 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,667,671 times
Quote:
WOW...you have no idea how it warms my heart, and hubby's too, to have so much support on this board. I honestly don't know what I would do without you all.

We did decide this morning to tell Jim our agent to not call till an offer is in the hand..I think he just gets excited, especially since the buyer agents is in his office.

I am not totally writing these people off, they are cash, but I am not leaving again and putting us all through this over and over. I think it's just rude of any buyer to stay so long in a home knowing the owner and poor dogs are out in the heat. Yeah we turn on the engine to run the a/c, when it's over 100 you have to, but...with the price of gas here way over $4 a gallon, I should keep track and add it to their offer, haha....gas and cooling money..

I don't know what I am going to do today...I might do some shopping..I wish it wasn't so hot, I would take a drive down to Vegas and go to a BIG mall there. Oh heck maybe I will.

Thanks for being there for me....
Barb
There ya go Dogmom............Be home if they come again for some odd reason. Just like the other poster said..........Be home in your normal environment and have the dogs there.
Think of the positive ,you do have a potential buyer there.
Our well staged, and well groomed property has not had a bite. It is very hard keeping things "picture" perfect.......In fact one realtor already came with no call or notice, she thought we had a "vacant" home.
Lucky for me, I keep working on the HGTV type of staging and everything was in place.. except to move the doggie bowl and bed.......just a few odd items.
This is HARD, really hard. I know that some realtors think it is very easy.......well I'd like some to try it for a month or two. This is difficult, not living in the usual, more relaxed style..........nothing, nothing out of place. Mercy Me.
My dining room has been set up for dinner for a month and a half
At this rate I might as well have company for dinner, just dust it off..
My thoughts are to just let things go as they may........
But, I feel for you in your circumstances.........and I keep checking to see if you have sold!
I have to now giggle that I want your home sold more then my own.....
I promise you that I surely do!

Old 06-28-2008, 02:46 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
He was sniffing the artificial turf, hmmm...... now that's an interesting buyer. If he comes back, maybe ask him to "sit" and "stay", for a while, and if he won't "roll over" with the cash, ask him to "play dead," somewhere else!
ROFLMAO! Sit and Stay! Play Dead! I LOVE it! Hubby taking a nap, can't wait to pass that along to him...geez I am still howling..oops, or maybe go tell them to bark up another tree, haha! Thank you for making me laugh!

Old 06-28-2008, 03:01 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,537 times
Quote:
Thanks, Christeen....I appreciate all the buyers good hopes and wishes too. I can't get out of my mind that old man on his hands and knees sniffing my grass...

need to get some work done here...too lazy today...

Barb

Barb just keep on thinking of that man sniffing the grass. It will put a smile on your face. I burst out laughing. I just wish that you had an other offer coming in also. maybe you agent can lie (fib) and tell the other agent an offer is coming in from another buyer sometime tomorrow.
Lorrie

Old 06-28-2008, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Barb, I can't stress enough that having an interested buyer is a positive. I know you've been through a lot with these buyers but how much of it is due to your agent and theirs? Think about it, their agent is putting things in your agents head, then he is passing it on to you. There shouldn't have been any mention of your furniture until they actually wrote an offer. These agents are putting you through hell more then the buyer.

At the other forum I go to, one gal had interest, then had a buyer coming to look. She has to leave work to get her dogs/cats, only to do this one day, drop them back off and the agent is knocking on her door. She had to get the animals back in the car, in turn missing a meeting. Turns out the buyers agent took them to a FSBO on the way to her house making them late for her showing. FSBO ends up listing the other day for more then her house with less upgrades only to get an offer last night while she doesn't.

Our market was so dead for 7 months. We finally find a house after 6+ months (the house we were going to buy fell through) only to have no action and need to sell. My hubby then had an accident and could have lost his life. He was out of work 2 months. We then get the contract to have the buyer back out, then my cervical cancer scare. At the same time I am trying mediation for my dad's estate, being put through hell. After negotiating for a week we strike a deal, yet 3 months later they won't sign it. Here my buyer goes on their honeymoon for 2 weeks with no contact. My daughter then is standing next to some kid in the hall who is selling drugs, she gets thrown out of school until I can prove she doesn't have drugs in her system. Be thankful you did not have the year I had right before selling up to actually closing, those were only a few things. Hopefully seeing how crappy someone else's experience was will make you feel better.

So, keep thinking positive. These buyers will probably write an offer but right now for some reason they aren't ready. The economy isn't looking good, if you were in their shoes, wouldn't you be a little hesitant to spend that kind of money right now? Is there anything you can do to push it along? Can you offer some kind of incentive to them if they do write an offer this weekend?

Can you do an open house next Sunday and offer say a $1,000 Home Depot gift card with a signed contract?
Sue, thanks for sharing that..what a painful time that was for you. I wish we were in a position to just give up and try again in a couple years, but we aren't. Here it is a Saturday, you would think someone would be looking at homes for sale, wouldn't you? No calls..

I'm glad it finally worked out for you. I really don't think our agent or any other agents have a clue how hard this really is for us. We need to move on so badly, we are dealing with depression here, medication, no sleep, I am never going to do this again...

My friend that we met here in September, right after we listed the house, she said to me the other day 'you know Barb, I have never seen your house decorated YOUR way, I don't even know what your style is'. Kind of made me think, wow. She's right. I don't even know my style right now besides boring.

I am just bored today I guess, too hot to go out and do anything, I fell asleep for a while out of boredome, I guess. Hubby is in one of the bedrooms trying to make the day go faster by napping too.

Thanks for sharing your experience. We too, shall get through this too...
Barb

Old 06-28-2008, 03:29 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,667,671 times
I'm saying the same thing. Saturday and too quiet........
I've sold 4 homes in my life and this is the roughest time.........
We have to sit in our HGTV staged homes.......and wait. Its not fun at all.
The entire process is lots of hard work and strife.........
Still hoping to hear good words from you dogmom.........Sum

Old 06-28-2008, 03:32 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Glad I'm not alone-it's a "no showing Sat" and realtors here are closed noon Sat til Mon.

Old 06-28-2008, 03:38 PM

I am so bored I could scream!!!

Old 06-28-2008, 04:25 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,949 times
Default Me Too

Quote:
I am so bored I could scream!!!
I am in the same boat! This I'm afraid is gonna be a looooong process, you are not alone trust me. I always look forward to Mondays now, to hear if there are any inquiries. Most of my homes interest comes in then, peoples on the internet looking, they call or email the agents, most know they aren't around till Monday. I 'm in a rural area so drive bys don't help in the least. all that said I wish you luck and dont give up!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate